Contest: Guess the flashlight! Winners announced!

New winner! I'm going to make a copper shelf/heat sink 18sixfiftycent.

Second Winner: I'm going to make a UHMW spacer ring for Bushwhacked.

New rules

Post something that you would like made that isn't terribly complicated. When in doubt post it. I will pick something that interests me. If I can't decide, I will solicit others to help make the decision.

Unlimited entries!

Posted below is a picture of a super secret part that I have made for someone here on the forum. There will be a prize for guessing which light it is made for! You must guess BRAND AND MODEL. As a prize, I offer to machine something that you just can't do with hand or mundane power tools. This is limited in scope to something that I can do somewhat quickly. Think tail cap spacers, threaded brass rings, bore a flashlight body etc... If it only takes me a couple of operations and doesn't cost too much in materials, I'll make it for you. Materials to choose from are Al, Cu, UHMW plastic or brass. If you win, tell me your idea for a part. I will say yeah or nay. Bear in mind that I will need GOOD measurements from the winner to make anything worthwhile.

Rules:

1. You may only guess once per round.
    1. There may be more than one round. I will determine when round 2 etc begins.
    2. Subsequent rounds may begin with hints, written or pictorial in nature.
    3. There may be hours or only minutes between rounds.
  2. The first person to guess correctly wins. He may forgo the prize and pass it to someone else.
  3. If you have prior knowledge of this part, you may not play. You know who you are.
  4. You may ask questions. I will answer or not at my discretion.
    1. If your question is stoopid, I will count that as your guess for that and perhaps other rounds depending how stoopid it was.
  5. I reserve the right to make up new rules or change anything about this contest at any time and may make them retroactive if I wish.
  6. I will check this topic periodically, but will not immediately post if someone guesses correctly.
  7. Whoever guesses the brand and model correctly first wins. Who is first is determined by post number.

Here is the picture: Guess away!

Here is another angle. The brass rod is for scale. It is 1.000" long.

• It is a single 18650 cell light
  • It is a budget light.
  • There are drawings of it that the owner made in a pic in one of the threads I responded to.

Cutoff from bottom of head.

Ultrafire C10

Doesn’t a similar thread already exist?

Edit: trustfire t90. Post#11

My guess: It is a p60 pill without spring, sitting directly on the rim for much better heat path, must necessarily be made for a specific light because dimensions vary, my gamble is... Solarforce L2P

I’m guessing that is a battery tube extension. Its wrong I know and have no idea for what light. That machining is super good though that much I can tell you. What cutting fluid are you using?

Bucket, is there any way we can get some kind of scale on how big this part is? I suggest a banana for scale.

Roche F8, I know I’m wrong but had to guess.

WD-40. Thanks for the compliment :)

Scale will be one of the clues. I don't know if we have any bananas.

Round 2 begins. First post updated with hint.

SolarForce S2200

LOL, it must be Olight i3 EOS
P.S. If you made it as a pill then it’s a fail -> no wire holes :stuck_out_tongue:

Round two:
sipik sk68

convoy c8

I think you’re getting even better! That looks very finely done.

Shame I’m disqualified.

Could you just make a random variety of parts in copper and I’ll set em up on the shelf above my computer to look at? :slight_smile: Something about that nicely turned copper just works for me…

Tank 007 EO9

I find copper easy on the eyes too. Almost therapeutic to look at.

I'm trying to think of a good clue for round three. Any ideas?

It’s black, mostly round with some flat places? Bigger than a DQG Tiny but smaller than a BTU shocker? It’s name contains a letter of the alphabet?

Still no right answers. Round 3 begins.

So, a series of clues:

1. It is a single 18650 cell light
  2. It is a budget light.
  3. There are drawings of it that the owner made in a pic in one of the threads I responded to.