Contest: Guess the flashlight! Winners announced!

Basically just a round piece of uhmw around 2mm thick with a hole in the center( for brass/copper)

Would just be a dangled piece of uhmw on the dropin (once soldered to spring) until it was put into a light. Would stop any recoil from making spring bend to the side. I’m on my phone at work so I can’t really draw up or look for the example but I think it was on a nitecore light. It just wasn’t uhmw.

Edit found it

A copper pill for one of the tube Convoys . They get hot fast .

The disc is 44mm x 5mm (4actually but 5mm would be better maybe even 6mm)

There is a 2mm lip that the disc itself sits on when screwed down all the way. under that lip you only have another 7mm or so that can jut down into the head.

So 44x5 and under that 40mmx7

The 5mm part is threaded, but wouldn’t have to be if you made it slightly smaller. I could then simply epoxy it in place with thermal compound. Right now I’m pushing a lot of my SRK’s over 4,000 lumens. So any help with thermal management would be great.

Best of course would be for me to send you one so you can fit it yourself and then you can take measurements before and after you get it machined down to size. Then of course you would have the measurements for anyone else who wanted one made. I know I would take a few of them. I have 6 SRK’s right now that I’m working on.

Phew! 1-3/4 copper round is $100.00 a foot! This project seems fairly reasonable otherwise.

PM me with dimensions. It's trivial to make that if all you want is the disc with a hole in it. I have lots of UHMW lying around.

Awesome. I’ll send some measurements tomorrow.

Ouch! That is pricey indeed.

Copper gets real expensive Bucket. I passed on a foot long 1 3/4’’ awhile ago. It was about $160.00 from memory here.

GB on a foot or two of 1 3/4” round copper :party:

Hmm.

Boring but good for me: copper pill for a SupFire M6 or Smallsun T-08…

Tricky, but potentially awesome: Tail clicky mod for one of the nitecore SENS series (would most likely have to fab a new body tube)

Linus made some measurements in his thread
it could be a simple circle made of copper pressure mounted with tim or with threads on the outside for even better heat transfer (like stock but a bit thicker and from copper)

Copper pill for the S3 or S6 in order to make it triple xpg2 monster.

New winner! I'm going to make a copper shelf/heat sink 18sixfiftycent.

Second Winner: I'm going to make a UHMW spacer ring for Bushwhacked.

Thanks Bucket, and congratulations 18650.

Congratulations you two. That copper pill will increase the weight (without batteries) of the SRK by almost 50% !! (~150gr.)

And increasing the weight is an awesome feeling in the hand! It’ll be amazing, wait and see…

I didn’t even get to scan and upload my drawings (with precise measures) and you already selected new winner :frowning:
Next time, when you do a contest please make a plan of contest before you actually do it…

It was spur of the moment. With such an odd looking part he thought it would be fun. The original contest was actually well conceived but the first winner opted out and this was the result.

Thanks. This should be great.

I have one of these lights on it's way from China. By the looks of the pictures, I will be offering a copper pill shortly thereafter.