Contest: Guess the flashlight! Winners announced!

Yes, we have no bananas, we have no bananas for scale .LOL

Next you’ll be singing “our mother said not to put beans in our ears…”

See, young people? You missed out on all the good stuff on vinyl, reel to reel and 8 track!

Not to mention fiddling with the turntable speed. Gales of laughter listening to Mighty Mouse at 78.

Wojito has generously passed on the prize. I thought about it for a while and decided to open it up to everyone again. This time I ask that you post up what you would like made. I will pick from what is posted based on what interests me most with the caveat that it can't be terribly complicated. With that said, when in doubt post it.

Unlimited entries.

Buck

I would love to make a collar and crown to go on the bezel of the TN31 to use an even bigger deeper reflector for ultimate throw with either XML2 or MTG2

Thanks for the fun time Bucket. :slight_smile:

Any kind of Maglite D heatsink. Alum? Alum with copper core?

I would like this!

Sorry i do not know if this complicated…

how about a copper pill for courui? it really needs some better heatsinking :slight_smile:

I’d like to see a uhmw disc that would have a copper/brass insert that could fit into an 18650 light and would connect to springs and allow both button and flat top batteries to work.

I would use it for solarforce p60 hosts I think with a copper braid/wire direct to the metal disc would improve current and not to mention be unique as far as dropins go. I know there are a few lights with these type of disc’s in to help with recoil.

Uhmw is an awesome product.

An adapter (battery tube) to be able to use a single 18350 with the Convoy C8? Copper? Aluminum, black anodized? (yep, to make the Cu C8 a shorty. :slight_smile: )

A honking big head to fit on an M6 body and run a single MT-G2 with a Gi-Normous reflector? (never mind, we’ll do that later. Gotta find the gi-normous reflector. :wink: )

A teeny tiny copper rod that looks like nothing more than a copper rod but holds a 10mm SinkPAD and Tiny10 driver with a Nichia 219 at 1A from an IMR10440?

A 20mm slab of copper 12mm thick drilled down the middle for emitter wires from a triple Noctigon and recessed on the back for a Qlite to be a heat sink in a micro chopped AA MiniMag?

I would love to see what could be adapted to run in a p60 format so maybe some type of heatsink/pill/adapter to thread on a p60 host.

I would take a copper pill/heat sink for the light of your choice. If I don’t have the light, I will buy it.

A copper pill for a SKY Ray King. Something practically everyone on the forum would love to have. It would mostly be a disk but many of them now have room for about another 3/4’ below the disk. I would LOVE to have one and if they are not to hard to make I know I would buy some. If you don’t have a SRK to work with I’ll send you one and pay for shipping back to me too.

I'm intrigued. I don't have one, so I need a little more info. Roughly, what would the dimensions of the disc be?

I'm interested in this as well. Do you have any pictures of the current pill? Rough dimensions?

I'm trying to picture this, but can't quite get there.

Basically just a round piece of uhmw around 2mm thick with a hole in the center( for brass/copper)

Would just be a dangled piece of uhmw on the dropin (once soldered to spring) until it was put into a light. Would stop any recoil from making spring bend to the side. I’m on my phone at work so I can’t really draw up or look for the example but I think it was on a nitecore light. It just wasn’t uhmw.

Edit found it

A copper pill for one of the tube Convoys . They get hot fast .

The disc is 44mm x 5mm (4actually but 5mm would be better maybe even 6mm)

There is a 2mm lip that the disc itself sits on when screwed down all the way. under that lip you only have another 7mm or so that can jut down into the head.

So 44x5 and under that 40mmx7

The 5mm part is threaded, but wouldn’t have to be if you made it slightly smaller. I could then simply epoxy it in place with thermal compound. Right now I’m pushing a lot of my SRK’s over 4,000 lumens. So any help with thermal management would be great.

Best of course would be for me to send you one so you can fit it yourself and then you can take measurements before and after you get it machined down to size. Then of course you would have the measurements for anyone else who wanted one made. I know I would take a few of them. I have 6 SRK’s right now that I’m working on.