Convoy C8 Mod - The WOW Factor

From what I recall on the BLF Q8 thread, it appears a bypass is better than dual springs. How much better I’m not sure and may not be necessary depending on your build. I have the Astrolux dual spring switch on my modified JAXMAN E2L triple flashlight and it can get hot very fast, AND I’m not interested in giving it more amps.

it seems to be working fine and for the sake of a few lumens or miuntes run time i dont think its worth ruining (my solder skills arent excellent) the switch and have to wait another 3 weeks for more switches from AE.

you dont happen to know if the pill in the C8s is removable?

Sorry, but I’m not familiar with the Thorfire C8S.

sorry i meant convoy c8, after doing some research tho it looks as though its integrated

The type II. The older type I (if you can find one) had a screw-in pill.

A cheap crappy clone C8 will likely have a featherweight Al pill. The ones I got were able to perfectly accept the brass C8 pill that FT sells.

Yes, what Lightbringer said. The current Convoy C8s have an integrated shelf, as you can see here:

Lighted switches arrived today. They work perfectly in my moded Convoys, even with bypassed springs.
The switch is much brighter than Astrolux S3 and S2. I made a photo, but don’t know how to attach it here.

You can buy one of the red ones here. lux meter - Buy lux meter with free shipping | Banggood Shopping .
You can find them in eBay too perhaps cheaper.

I recommend this for how to post pictures (go towards the end for the latest info): HowTo: Adding pictures to posts.

Glad your lighted switches worked!

Thanks Theodore41, I appreciate the info.

NeutralFan would you mind putting a list with linked all parts for your mod? ’Also price for the mod. Thanks

Driver

LED

Host

AR coated lens

Thanks.

Very good write up NeutralFan!! Thank you sir……. :slight_smile:

Great info & great pictures.

Thanks for your assist DoNkEyConN. :+1:

Total costs is around $35.

Also, I used a neutral white XP-L HI, so this would be the closest available now at MTN: CREE XP-L HI V3 3A LED on Noctigon 20mm MCPCB.

Teacher, thanks for the compliment.

Anyone selling modded Convoy C8’s?

I’m not into building lights yet, I don’t need another expensive hobby.

I am an avid outdoorsman and gun nut. I like budget lights that outperform the expensive name brand stuff.

I am looking for long throw lights for night hunting. I purchased an Odepro kl52, and an Orion M30c and they both work pretty well for my uses, but they are a little big.
I am looking for something with as good or better throw, with a smaller head.

You can pretty much get the same modded Convoy C8 that I made with the Astrolux C8 Flashlight: [Review] Astrolux C8 Flashlight - Compact Thrower.

It may not be as much “fun” as building your own, but it appears to be a great flashlight.

Very nice build! Simple, clean and really bright! Great job!

See also the Sofirn C8T.

Thanks WarHawk-AVG.