【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Hi Simon, do you plan to update Convoy M1 and M2 for 21700 size, too?

Nah… I Think Simon is busy with a new driver with MCU.
Apart from this I’d like to have a simple option as well. MCUs and firmware are sometimes troublesome…

I guess it would be great. Will it be possible to change/mod drivers for those whos wishes to do so and still keep the USB charging? Otherwise incorporate it into the battery tube like the Heikelite SC01. That way drivers can be swapped out and USB recharging will be there for those who want to use it??

It is interesting to see versions on LH351D 4000K 90CRI and 3v XHP50.2 emitters.
And if possible, increase the thickness of the shelf.

Fixed that for you. :innocent:

On another topic, Simon, could you please add some tag like [Convoy] at the beginning of the thread title? The title changes make it hard to follow; seeing just a news heading I have troubles to figure out it’s the official Convoy thread rather than just some news.

I am totally with USB-C. I have lots of experience with both types of USB ports and durability is key here. I have had many micro-USB devices (lights, phones, routers, battery banks, chargers etc.) that failed. I am tired of placing the device at some weird angle just to make proper contact to get it charged. Just one accidental snag can ruin a micro-USB port. And having a flashlight that is USB rechargeable means that you might not always find yourself near a flat desk, away from things that might snag it or whatever. I have to treat my Acebeam L16 like a baby everytime I charge it. And if you can afford flashlights you can also afford some of those charging cables that have a split at the end with micro-USB and USB-C connectors. Then you can keep your micro-USB ported phone. Just my opinion.

I totally don’t care about usb charge ports on a flashlight. It is vulnerable and makes a light bigger. It may be nice for an allround light to give as a present, but not for a flashaholic :wink:

Am I the only one that doesn’t understand this new UI chart? Can somebody help an old hillbilly out? I only need to know how the left side of the chart works. (first mode, 2nd mode, ramping setting) Thanks

Thats not a UI, that’s a smartphone camera UI taking a photo of the front of a light demonstrating no PWM strobe effect.

Simon, I will take S3 21700 with charging port.

I think he meant the UI in the link below the picture. Lol

Yes, I meant the UI in the link. I thought the chart would have shown up.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4912/47393065421_7b2610174d_b.jpg

I don’t get that one either. Some explanation is helpful.

Let’s see: full press is when the switch clicks and half press is just light tap. You have 3 modes.

Mode 1-Switch on the light with a full press-Turbo
Mode 2-half press twice
Ramping- half press 5 times
Mode 3-half press 3 times-starts flickering - Strobe, after that half press 5 times and it will give you another 6 modes-it will show you the selection and you can stop oon whichever you like by a single half press, or just let it go to SOS.

Not sure if it has mode memory but I would assume so

And after setting the ramping level, how do you retrieve that the next time? I only see a turbo and a 1.5A mode, but how do I retrieve my own preset that I configured with the ramping mode?

I love my Convoy’s, and love me some ramping but that’s kind of complicated , at least not intuitive , for me. I can’t remember what I had for breakfast.

It is a creative way emulate the functionality of an e-switch with a mechanical switch, but counting blinks for mode selection is a bit demanding.
There’s only so much mental load I want to devote to operating a flashlight…

One shouldn’t go mental over non-intuitive interfaces, just avoid them. I prefer simplicity: single or three modes e.g. 20-50-100% at most: a KISS driver “Keep It Simple Simon” where simon is not Stupid of course! :wink:

I am currently producing S2+ 21700 ,C8+ 21700 and L2 21700
Because these three are very popular.
As for M1 and M2, I need to observe the degree of demand in the market.

sorry,I don’t like to hide the charging port in the thread, which is very inconvenient in actual use.

thanks for your reminding