【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Guys, apologize my ignorance but what is this gonna be intended for? building S2’s with xhp50’s? How many amps?

Yes! Now i wont need to buy Sofirn’s if25a lenses : )

But tell me a thing regarding these changes on the S21D, what is the difference between this driver and the one used previously? What changed?

@LucasRunner, if I were to guess, he went from an 8A buck driver to a 12A linear FET driver.

Not sure if that was the best idea for such a low VF setup, but hey, I don’t know everything :stuck_out_tongue:

Simon an idea.

One possible fix for spring on one end only. Find a short coil spring to go around the stud and extend. Only a few mm’s would be needed, just enough to keep contact under recoil from shock. Back side circuit board real estate would be maintained. My graphics ability is non existent. Picture a very short pistol recoil rod, that’s the stud with a reduced diameter just past it’s pad on the board. Sitting on the reduced diameter portion is a spring. Not really designed to carry the full current load but to carry a load for that split second contact is lost under shock.

That’s my plan. S2+ shorty (18350 for EDC) with an XHP50.3 HI 5000K op reflector. I’ve been dreaming about this for quite a while now.
Now I’m just waiting for Simon to release that new driver and the MAO and Ti S2+ to build it, thinking about building a second in a warm tint.

I’m not sure I know how I feel about the increased use of FET drivers at Convoy. One of the things that drew me to this brand was the unusually excellent regulation that most budget light manufacturers can’t match.

The S21D already got quite warm at with the 8A driver, I fear this may be exasperated at 12A. Will the lower modes still have the same excellent efficiency and regulation as the buck driver? Will the 8A buck driver still be an option in these lights moving forward.

There has been quite a few updates about FET drivers in the pipeline, does this signal a new philosophy/direction for the brand, or are we just seeing more options emerge?

Great news about the additional TIR lens options, I am already using the Sofirn optic and find it gives a more useful and balanced beam.

Oh, I agree with this. I already have a M21B with GT-FC40 and it is one of my favorite flashlights. Because I like it so much I would like to buy another one with GT-FC40, but with other tint. Just that I don’t like both to be black. I like also M21F a lot (beautiful light), and thinking of buying that instead, but I am afraid I won’t like the side switch UI.

So yes, I would definitely like M21B in some other colors, and MAO looks so nice :slight_smile:

It’s not a change, it’s just one more option.

Oh I see, having all of these options available is fantastic tbh.

But is a special request necessary to get one or the other? Or will these driver options be available in the product page selection alongside the emitter cct choice?

I’m asking because I’m jumping into it as soon as its available.

And Simon, regarding stainless steel being too heavy for an S2 host, I dont think this matters that much. These flashlights are more of luxury, collector’s items than just some practical light to carry in a pocket. I believe copper is heavier than steel too so I wouldn’t mind that.
But I know that availability, machinery tooling etc can be an issue with varying materials so its entirely up to you. I would 10/10 get myself one :+1:

There are bigger lights made out of SS out there, such as the Acebeam E70 for example… its a xhp70.2 21700 cell flashlight with a special SS edition.
People won’t carry that in their pockets but its a beautiful item to have in the house : )

I like the idea of both as I prefer CCT’s closer to 5000K.

Simon - When do you expect to have the S21D available for sale again?

Being able to put 50.3 HI into M1 and C8+ hosts has me really excited

I’m sure I’ll cram one into an s2+ also just because

The color is better but I’m worried it might run hotter and sustain lower brightness levels. If the 5700k SFT40 is too difficult to acquire, what about the XHP35.2 Hi in 5000k or 5700k?

Thanks for replying!

Suggest to have a listing wanting to have a S2+ and T3 copper or Titanium...

The SFT40 is binned CE which is a fair bit above BBL and closer to 6000K. CD would be ideal as it is partly below BBL and slightly below 5700K.

Great news, thanks for the clarification!

On a tangentially related note, would the new S21A clip fit the S21D?

When is 519A 2700k available?

Glad the more sensible 8A S21D will still be available. Even that gets toasty at 35%.

Hi Simon, do any of your TIR lens fit in Convoy T4 or T3? Thanks

Simon…question about shipping. Things are crazy these days all over the globe and in the US our postal service has really slowed down a lot with all packages, but especially international packages. I’m patient. :slight_smile: One parcel from you that I’m waiting on has been handed off to a “partner” service by the name of Ding Hong. I’ve never heard of this one before, but the internet seems full of very negative feedback for this service with extreme delays and parcels that disappeared before Ding Hong could transfer it to the US Postal Service for delivery to the customer. This parcel shows a receipt date by Ding Hong on May 15th and has had no update since. Two other packages from other Ali sellers ordered about the same time have already arrived, and actually one other that was ordered a couple weeks later will be arriving tomorrow.

I’ll keep waiting and see what happens but I was wondering if you have choice about which partner service is used in the destination country when you choose shipping from your end? I think this was Cainao originally before it landed in California. If you have the choice, it might be better not to use that one anymore. The normal ones like Pitney Bowes, Endicia, etc. are still slow, but dependable and not that slow.

This is a question, not a complaint. :slight_smile: