【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

It’s a little difficult.Because the production of the driving circuit is in batches, at least 1000 pieces should be produced.

If you did a group buy for a batch of them, I am sure that it would fill up 1000 or at least get close.

Might be something good to consider for the future :slight_smile:

2 Thanks

Why don’t you organize a group buy for a batch of them?

Not in the USA and I don’t know how to design drivers :frowning:

Fair enough.

I tried last night the S21E 519A 5700 configured as you said, staggered ramp mode so it works better but I hate this firmware.

I don’t have it anymore, can’t test anymore.

My question is:

In step ramp mode at 100% max is it the same as turbo?

At maximum and two click turbo, it illuminated the same, I don’t know if it’s because of the battery I used a recycled 18650.

A S21A at 100% and then turbo lights up more you notice the change to turbo also in a S2+.

The other conclusion is that the SST40 and SFT40 led are much better than these 519 b35m etc led.

The difference is a lot, I still have to test the XHP50.3Hi and XHP70.3Hi.

For now the SST40 is the best led and best illumination I have seen.

Remember that I am new to flashlights.

@Simon_Mao Will there be anduril 1 or 2 for the S21E XHP50.3Hi?

Thank you!

Edit:
Forget it I looked at videos and it still illuminates more the SST40 vs the XHP50.3Hi I thought it was better.

I will make the jump to the one I wanted from the beginning the M21B XHP70.3Hi I think this one if it will be brighter I don’t see another brighter one in the convoy catalog.

The other LEDs you mentioned, such as the 519A, serve a different main purpose compared to the SFT40 and SST40 that you like.

519A is a high-CRI (high color rendering index) type of LED, so reds will appear red (try using the SST40 or SFT40 to light up the palm of your hand, then compare it with another flashlight with the 519A LED, there will be a BIG noticeable difference.

However, most people just introduced to flashlights, will notice the brightness difference or the beam throw difference (more intense center hotspot)

SFT40 = throwy beam (intense center hotspot)

SST40 = somewhat throwy beam

519A = a bit less throwy but “truer” colors (especially with respect to red color)

XHP50.3-Hi and XHP70.3-Hi have more total brightness (higher “lumens”).
In particular the XHP70.3-Hi will have more brightness, but will have a more floody (wider) beam

XHP50.3-Hi can go higher brightness than the SST40 or SFT40 LED, however, Convoy does not seem to push this LED to very high power, so its total brightness seems to just be comparable to the SST40 / SFT40 (or just slightly higher total brighness).

The XHP50.3-Hi would be a bit comparable to the SST40 LED in terms of beam distance (throw), factoring in the higher slightly brightness of the XHP50.3-Hi LED.

1 Thank

I checked out (but have not read carefully) your entire review of the Convoy S15…

However I did notice one thing that differed from the Convoy S15 SST40 I got:

in your review of the Convoy S15 SST40, your review mentions:

• it comes with an AR-coated (green) glass lens; however the one I got came only with plain non AR-coated glass lens.

It would look like there may be different variety of Convoy S15 SST40 (some with plain glass lens and some with AR-coated glass lens)

Also, I ordered one with 18650 battery, and it came with EVE 35V 18650 battery (I think this is 3500mAh 18650, I have not yet done capacity testing of the battery). The one in your review seems to be a Sanyo NCR18650GA.

I understand, Convoy changes batteries (sometimes the battery included has the model mentioned in the product description, at other times, it’s not. So this is something I expected and do not fault the Convoy store for this.

However, the AR-coated glass lens vs plain glass lens used on the Convoy S15 can be confusing (the product description doesn’t seem to mention whether AR-coated or plain glass lens is used)

I noticed that being 5700 I thought it was more like the SST40 6500 and it was not.

The 519A saw the actual color of the roofs it illuminated just like the S2+ SST40 5000 more yellow.

Curious that the 5700 of the 519A being whiter than the 5000 SST40 you could see the roofs of their actual color.

As lighting these two SST40 and SFT40 are much brighter than the 519A.

The SFT40 the spot was narrower but reached far out on the horizon!

Of the three the 519A floods more but the others although not flooding fill the surrounding with light.

I think the 519A would be good coupled with more 3x519A.

Personally to the field I would take an SST40.

I would like an S21E with the XHP50.3HI but I see in the videos that it illuminates much less.

I don’t know if Simon could fix it if you say it is brighter.

The Sanyo battery in my review was my own battery, I ordered the S15 without battery. It is interesting if there are variations in the lens being used though.

Group buy wod be great. If you made without Anduril even, im sure people wiuld buy it. I would. I have 2 recently released Mateminco lights and the thermal algorithm is terrible with way too fast stepdowns. I like the lights, but they’re almost unusable. A driver swap woild fix that.

1 Thank

Which lights ? MT01/04 ? a trimmed down D4S driver probably fits in there.

2 Thanks

There’s a new LT40 i reviewed (not for sale from Mateminco that i know of). It has a proprietary UI that is absolute trash for a high output light. There’s also the MT-911 i just did that has the same driver and UI that really limits the performance. It’s got usb charging that I’d like to keep and the D4 doesn’t have it.

I asked Mateminco if they would sell me an driver for the MT04/MT01, but they quoted me $14 + $9 shipping! I really like the MT-911 so i was thinking of stripoing my EA01 driver and putting it in there. Not sure if it would fit though since the mt911 is a different design.

Can you make a new topic? This is not convoy related.

I think it is still relevant to the thread, as Convoy also makes drivers, not only complete lights.

As soon as there is ANY Convoy flashlight with Anduril2 (most of my lights are now Anduril2, so it’s hard to go back to Anduril1)… I’ll get one, or more! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Thanks

With Anduril and maybe an improved switch design this could be a D1K killer.

6 Thanks

Where did you get those pictures from?

It isnt avaible from AliExpress yet