【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

From Chinese forum.

2 Thanks

Could you please post a link to the thread?

3 Thanks

Thank you, interesting to read Simon’s posts there!

Any update on the 17mm boost driver? I am very interested in a couple

9 Thanks

The biggest difficulty encountered is that the size of the circuit board is too small.

1 Thank

It is very very small! 17mm.

I design pcb for home automation and those who do not know electronics I can tell you that there are flashlights 4x 8x are mosfet and I have mosfet that can control much more power 30A but only the smallest encapsulation is bigger than the flashlight board.

That is why several smaller mosfets are used that add up to the amps needed.

But there are many more A’s but they are larger, perhaps the larger flashlights mount only one because it fits on the larger board.

here is the link
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005639618491.html

8 Thanks

Hell yeah! :grinning: I want that on my stonewashed Ti S2+, you should offer it as an option, pretty please!

1 Thank

Simon when they will be available the 8A 20 y 17mm?

I second the request for an improved switch design. That is my only complaint about Convoy hosts. (lighted would be icing on the cake).

2 Thanks

Does the new 17mm driver fit C8 & s2+?

Me too! I’ve said this before myself, I think the factory fitted stainless steel switches on the coloured S2+s are excellent and I’d love to see something similar across the range (even if they were an optional extra).

The illuminated steel switches are a nice option but I prefer not to have a lit up button (or ideally a means to turn the lights pff), in addition I like to tail stand smaller torches and it’s a shame to lose that function.

Edit: having said the above the illuminated steel switch can be positioned in the S11 so that it will not interfere with tail standing the light by using a 2.5mm thick o-ring between the switch button housing and the tail cap - if not over tightened the button will sit parallel with the raised lugs and will not be actuated when standing the torch on its tail.

2 Thanks

The M21H, from the picture, seems to have an improved switch. It would be nice if we can transplant that switch to existing e-Switch lights like M21F and S21F since their switch is pretty hard to press. Also M21H is on my to-buy list. I would love a high CRI 70.3 with TIR.

1 Thank

Thank you, I’ve ordered a few

Does this one fit an S2+? I don’t know if it uses 16mm or 17mm I have never disassembled any flashlight the one I have tried are not mine, my first flashlight I bought an S2+ and S21A was when a salesman tricked me and pretended to be you!

@Simon_Mao I see that the 4-mode driver and the 12-mode driver is the same circuit what I don’t know if it uses a fixed manufacturing mic in the 4-mode.

It is in case it is possible to get the firmware to change the 4-mode to 12-mode.

4 modes is fine for some normal use but for example my brother on the bike is missing the bike mode on his two S2+ which I guess is used to be seen on the road.

For not buying a new controller just for that reason, is it possible to get the 12 mode firmware would be great for mine as well.

Thanks.
Pd: I think @ToyKeeper has biscotti for convoy but doesn’t specify the driver model I think.

Edit:
In the photo you can see the name of the micro used erased, although I disassembled it I do not have any of 12 modes to see if it is the same.

The s2+ and a few others take a 17mm driver, its the MCPCB that’s 16mm.

2 Thanks

Well that’s what confused me, I read in a review something about 16mm.

So I guess the 17mm is good enough for me, I guess the XHP50.2 driver will be too much for such a small S2+.

I need to know if it has the same micro controller the 4 mode and the 12 mode so I could change the firmware, I know that Simon uses another micro controller, but if biscotti is open source maybe it is somewhere so I could change the two S2+ and have the 12 modes.

Thanks!

Can this drive Nichia 719A too?

2 Thanks

4A is too much for the 719A, it’s rated for 1.8A max and above 2.25A the color rendering degrades. Doubling the sense resistor (10mΩ to 20mΩ) will decrease the current to 2A which should be a good drive current for it. There is also the question of the output voltage range set by the FB resistor network, since the Vf is higher than XHP50, can’t know without testing.

5 Thanks