【convoy】3X21E available now

I got my Anduril S21E today. I went ahead and swapped in an old 4000k XP-L Hi emitter since those can be FET driven without damage. Very nice rosyish tint, but low CRI of course.

The stock round centering gasket created a shadow between the corona and spill, so I swapped in one of the old centering gaskets with the square opening, that fixed the beam. I wish those were still available to purchase, the round ones make assembly easier but the square opening one has a better beam with some emitters.

The lowest level isn’t as low as my SC31 Pro. They are both FET+1, but I guess the Convoy can’t go as low for some reason.

3 Thanks

I have this kind of driver,
the driver for C8 UV runs on 1-2 cells ,but the output current is not big.

Simon I received my package with lens and Nichia today. All perfect as always. I noticed that the lenses are anti-reflective but that instead of being purple they are green. You know why?
Thank you

The new green AR coated lens helps lower the DUV a little and reduce green tint shift.

4 Thanks

This video by @Cheule will help:

5 Thanks

I replaced most of my purple AR lenses with green ones and it made a nice improvement in tint with the LEDs that were a little green or neutral. Not needed for the rosy dedomed 519As!

5 Thanks

Simon has at least 3 green AR lenses in different shades.

Thank you!

I didn’t realize that Hank carried green lenses. I’ve got at least one light that would really benefit from this. I only see them for the D4 sized lights, does he have them for the D4S too?

I bought my green AR lenses from Simon when they first came out.

It’s very useful because my Cree XHP 70 4000K is high CRI but is greenish, thank you

1 Thank

Is there any green coated lens for S2+ ?

Yeah, this one has green AR coating even though the picture shows magenta.

1 Thank

Amen to that, brother! :wink:

1 Thank

Using a clip is a real PITA, even worse is disassembling the whole head just to be able to get to the MCU :-/

Just my $0.02…

Also, has @Simon_Mao published his Anduril source code already? Without it things are even more difficult…

Of course. But there’s a difference between “being required to” and actually providing it. Does anyone know whether he has, and if yes, can you please provide a link?

It certainly is, that’s what many other Anduril lights like the Wurkkos TS10 and FC13 do (just mentioning two I have direct experience with). Actually with these lights, you can even set the button light to low, high, off or blinking… not sure Anduril1 allows that, tho.

Just to be safe, you may want to specifically ask for green AR lenses with your order. That’s what I did since the purple ones were still being sold.

2 Thanks

LUMINUS SFT40 3000K R9080 high CRI sample

28 Thanks

Very interesting, what is the CCT range in high CRI ?