Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

gchart, for me it came down to output vs consumption where the SST-40 is concerned. I found it was pulling twice the amperage but not delivering twice the lumens. For that reason, and that reason alone, the SST-40 was chopped. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Of course I still have it, still reconsidering, but… who knows with me from one day to the next what I’ll do, I sure don’t!)

Dang Kawi, I’m gonna have to PShop flames on that wall again! :stuck_out_tongue:

VERY nice, Kawiboy! What a beautiful light.

A quick question… it looks like you’ve got a 17mm driver stuck in ~20mm opening. Did you use an adapter ring? Or is there a step in the opening that handles the 17mm?

:+1:

Funny, I too used an 800 and saved my remaining 404’s and 20A’s. The difference really isn’t all that great anyway, so it shouldnt’ matter.

Just a reminder y’all…

There is a Convoy L2/L6 modding thread RIGHT HERE!!!

We spin out here all the time of course and that’s half the fun but all of this modding info would be well placed in said thread…Just sayin

Deleted, its the same ole same ole anyway! :wink:

Pok, I am told Nitro Paint Thinner works. :wink: Have yet to try it myself but most likely will…

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026934.57_8mm(D)-x-55mm(H)-OP-Aluminum-Reflector

Does anybody know/think if these reflectors will fit in the old-style L2? Mine came with the reflector that does not screw into the light. And this one's offered in OP, but they have it in smooth as well. The measurements seem ok, but that bottom 3rd section in the 3rd pic doesn't look quite right.

Dedomed another sst-40 today in warm Nitro Paint Thinner , warm seems to be absolutely successful for me until today .

…until today? Care to elaborate?

What am i writing ? 3am , time to sleep :innocent:

What i wanted to say is that it still works , not that it worked until today .

Ahhh, happy moonshine to you then. Gnite George……

Yesterday I got my L2 from Gearbest. Not what I’m used to from Convoy :frowning:
I made a ticket. Now I’m waiting for reply.

It appears like Convoy is getting careless these days, or maybe it’s the suppliers of GB.

I hope not, and it was a single mistake by a tired worker. I still will be buying Convoys because most of the time easy to repair anything.

My last Convoy purchase from GearBest has minor dents and marks on the retaining rings but nothing really bad. Passable in terms of quality control. It’s still worrying to see these bad batches from rushed production.

My first L2 was recently ordered from GB. Will be a couple weeks till I receive it. I hope it will be s good one.

Almost looks as if someone had it before you did. Maybe a return to Gearbest? That isn’t at all typical of Convoy, doesn’t look like any Convoy I ever got.

There’s probably a lot to be said about ordering direct from Simon.

I had about 40-50 new convoys in my hand and not one looked like this. I think that too maybe it was a sent back item.