Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Simon’s been getting a lot of positive feedback, pretty sure he’s going to run the clear machined finish. I think jdub is working on something to get more feedback before Simon proceeds.

The clear machined finish L2 beside a few of my scratch builds, with a bead blasted clear L6 behind them…

:heart_eyes:

Yes sir…I sure am. :wink: I will announce “something” today. No we’re not going full production just yet but it sure seems likely. Look for a new thread from me sometime today.
Dale, that sure is one gorgeous collection my friend. :+1:

Is the new finish relatively easy to do now that the process is sorted?

I’m a bigger fan of the L6 than the L2. So if he does a run of the L6 in that finish I’d sure buy one.

In the Christmas theme. :wink:

New contest just announced HERE!

If you want a chance to win one of the remaining new clear anodized L2 prototypes you might want to check that out. :wink:

Greetings friends!

Guess what’s coming?

I’ll give you a clue…it rhymes with smesert shman shmell two. :smiley:

It’s not for sale yet but coming very soon. Probably just a few weeks. These pictures are from a production batch. The new clear anodized “raw-machined looking” L2 will also be available about the same time.

Simon is in the middle of moving Convoy to a new factory again. It’s a bigger facility with more comfortable working environment for his team. :+1: More good things to come. :student:

Once he is settled in and the chaos has slowed a bit the new colors will be listed and I will post the links in this thread and update the OP. I just wanted to drop in, say hello and give you a sneak peek. As some of you know I’ve been largely absent here the last few months taking care of personal stuff. Things are slowly starting to calm down so I’ll be back here more often soon and of course will be continuing my work with Convoy. See you soon!

Anything new for output in 2018 3 A is quite low even for tube light .This big guy need more power not only new color.

Gonna mix them up, Black L2 Tan L2 like my S2+’s Quad XP-L H1 V3 3C

Always a no win isn’t it? Not enough power or not enough run time, always something.

On BLF, we mod. It’s kinda tradition. So it’s always fun when someone gives us a great light that needs some tweaks to make it excellent. Stack a few chips, drop in an FET driver, adjust color tint with an emitter swap, it’s what we do. Right? Burden of proof? Where’s the Perfect light? Who makes it? Heck I even build lights from scratch then mod my own builds! :stuck_out_tongue:

Kudo’s to Simon for paying attention and moving forward, always climbing the ladder, love it…. :smiley:

No such critter the perfect light, thankfully the struggle continues…

Might try some Machined Hi-Lights on the L2’s I have not seen anybody do it YET?

My point was, of course, that there is no perfect light. Whatever one group of folks feel makes it perfect another group hates. Then there’s the third group that want’s green and the fourth group that wants all one size cell and then theres……

This is why we mod, isn’t it?

Thanks brother and well said. :+1:
I don’t mean to say to the complainers (with all due respect of course :slight_smile: ) that I’m not trying to steer Simon towards more powerful drivers as I am of course but Dale, you get the spirit of the thing. :wink:

Man I love those pics! It brings back fond memories of OL’s work. :+1:
Well done. :student: Justin would definitely dig those…

I got one of Simon’s lights in the mail today and it’s got Biscotti with 8 of the 7135 chips on the driver. I stacked some chips for more output, man it’s been a while since I’ve stacked chips! lol Love the Convoy anodization and this particular light is really well made, complex design but very nice overall and a great option for someone just getting into lights, this is the BD01. Built in charging, can work even while charging and that is a great feature… a battery bank can be used to keep it running as the 26650 cell is recharged, brilliant!

So yeah, I’m loving my Convoy’s and continue to increase my “family” of Convoy lights. Keep em coming Simon! :smiley:

Any link for the L2 with the short tube? Can it run on one battery or does it need to be modified to do so?

Comes with the short tube + extension.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Convoy-L2-CREE-XPL-HI-V2-1A-LED-Flashlight-torch-lantern-self-defense-camping-light-lamp/330416_32565527036.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.4d0c10f7omO5aZ

Lightbringer, KawiBoy thank you.

Got a L2 Host today… from Da’Man!

:heart_eyes: