Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Hmm so which do I buy???

Don’t say both, the wife wouldn’t be ok with that.

The side switch might be nice, but right now we don’t have many good firmwares for dual switch

Yep! Wonder why? Uranusfire 818 does? You can cycle modes thru the tail cap or side switch. And people don’t like it because of the name?

Actually, the head and reflector for the L6 are supposed to be a little bigger on the L6 though I still don’t have the final dimensions. I’m still awaiting confirmation of the legoability but I believe at least the tube will be interchangeable between the L2 and L6 which will give us a very nice variety of tube options. Totally tubular! :bigsmile:

Too bad this light is not available anymore.

Banggood still has some!

Convoy L2 Host

Convoy L2 XML2

There have been reports about the quality of the lights from Banggood being less than desirable. I’ll find out Saturday how the host looks.

Nice, but I was hoping for the XP-L HI version.

Found it!

http://www.banggood.com/XPL-HI-Convoy-L2-CREE-XM-L2-1000LM-26650-4Mode-High-Power-LED-Flashlight-p-1022893.html

And you knew I was going to ask, so...how long do I have to wait for it to stay clicked on to memorize high mode?

I think it’s only about 47 seconds on this model, so pretty good.

lol, I had that coming.

There were a few quality issues in the first batch though most were excellent. All were reported and given due diligence. This second batch should be even better and XPL-HI is now stock as is AR coated glass. If you can wait a few days the new version will be available. :beer:

I certainly can.

Got a bit more info on this. The L6 head and reflector are roughly 5mm larger in diameter on the L6.

These are the dimensions straight from Simon on the L6:

reflector diameter 65.48mm
head diameter 72mm

If someone has calipers and an L2 handy they could be provide more precise measurements but the L2 is around here:
reflector diameter 61mm
head diameter 65mm

Will L6 only have OP reflector, or smooth option as well? And is it 2-cell only? or will there be a way to buy a 1-cell tube that fits the L6?

Sorry to pester. I promise I checked the OP (briefly) this time

The battery tube(s) should be the same as the new L2.

I got my L2 from Fastech and it have one of those bubbles in the reflector to and dirty lens.
Have a Dedomed XP-G2 S2 in it now with 5,34A tail DD and got 290k/lux so far.
Very nice light!

LOL. Thanks for at least trying. :wink:

The initial release of the L6 is going to be two-cell only with an OP reflector.

I do believe the L2 and L6 tubes will be swappable. If that proves true I don’t see why I couldn’t ask Simon to make batch of a single cell tubes for the L6 if the demand is there.

A batch of smooth reflectors will be made shortly after the initial run.

Since I think most of those who want the smooth reflector will be using single die emitters I asked Simon if he will make another XPL-HI centering ring for the L6 assuming the hole in the reflector will be larger. Of course if nobody is going to use a quad die emitter with the smooth reflector I can just have him make the opening 9mm, then the centering rings for the L2 already have that covered. Hmm, now that I’ve said that I think the 9mm hole in the smooth reflector makes more sense.

If anyone out there planning to use a quad die emitter with the smooth reflector please speak up now.

Teaser.

On noooooooo!!! Why did you do that!? Lol!

Sweetness. I think an L6 with a single-cell tube would be the sweet spot for me. It would be even better if the tube could be ~3mm longer to fit a 26700 KK, but that’s not a deal breaker.