Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

I’m still fairly new at this but is 1.5A at the tail accurate with Trustfire 5000mah batteries?

I like the tactical grip, it’ll stay on there. :wink:

The XHP-70 can do around 6000 lumens, this MT-G2 is doing over 4000. Wondering where “double as bright” came into play? At those levels, it really does take a doubling and then some for the eyes to pick up the differences. 6000 isn’t going to look tremendously brighter than 4000. I say this having a 10,000 lumen and 14,450 lumen light.

Edit: You might be surprised, 6000 might actually look LESS bright compared to 4000 because of the dark spot in the middle on the XHP-70. :wink:

:bigsmile: I had to eat my words on that one too. :smiley: I actually called it useless… that is until I was schooled on just how useful it can be. That’s the beauty of this forum. Had Kawiboy not spoken up in defense if the tactical ring it would not be there. Once he explained it to me in a way that made me see its value I had to fire off an email quickly to Simon because he and I both were ready to scrap the ring. That was followed by other members complaining about the ring being brought back which prompted me to ask Simon about the possibility of two rings. One simply to hide the exposed threads and blend into the light and the other having a tactical and anti-roll function. Now we have the best of both worlds. Good stuff right there and all inspired by our BLF people speaking up about their opinions. :slight_smile:

Thinking yes. If you have the 2 cell version and it does about 3A to the LED, then 2 cells in series would be a bout 1.5A measured at the tail, usually a little higher about 1.8A or so. Cells in series doubles the voltage, so it's 1.5A at about 8 volts, and a buck driver "bucks" down the voltage to a level the LED can handle (3.2-4.0v range).

Kawi made me buy a Jax X6 Hunter as well. And it’s freaking awesome! Bigger heavier light than the L2, very heavy duty fins, I don’t know why it get’s compared directly to the L2 because it’s a bit of a different class of light really. I was surprised. Love em both, to be honest.

On the newest version, can someone measure the driver cavity? Simon says 20.5mm x 9mm tall. I just want to confirm those numbers before I order parts

A few pages back I asked if anyone had tried the L2 with this holster: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1630/10005190/1409110-ultrafire-nylon-flashlight-holster-black.

I bit the bullet and ordered it, turns out it is a great match for the L2 providing you are primarily looking for easier carry and not protection for the head. The holster provides excellent retention on the light, I can turn it upside and and shake it without it falling out.

Here is an album of pictures

The belt attachment rotates and snaps into 12 different positions. The light will stay balanced and pointed forward if you rotate the light so that it is horizontal. The lack of bottom on the holster allow you to pick the light up while it is in the holster, access the clicky switch on the bottom, and use the light with the holster attached.

I bought two of these and have been carrying my BLF A6 in the other one quite a bit. My favorite way to carry it is to clip the holster onto my pocket as seen in my pictures. This allows me to easily pick the light up, clip it on, walk around, and then easily unclip it to put it back on my desk while I’m at work.

Tension on the light tube is provided by elastic straps, I do have concerns that these may become stretched out over time.

I would highly recommend this holster.

I just got mine the bezel is a little scratched it is missing a bit of anodization and i think it needs to be a little brighter but i like the light lots i can already see how far it will throw.

I just ordered a XPL V6 0D dedomed. So, I have a few extra days(the dedome takes time) to add the 26650s to the order. I see anywhere from 66.4mm to 71.46mm. Please help me with what fits in a 2s setup. The longest protected 69.75mm and there is a unprotected 5200mAh 67.36mm
Any idea what fits in a 3s L2?
I understand there are risk with cells in series. I would rather go protected. There is low voltage protection in the driver but I’m sure it never hurts to have some backup.
Thanks for any help.

MT-G2 Maximum Light Output 1987.5 lm
XHP70 Maximum Light Output 4022 lm

there :stuck_out_tongue:

Even better, I have a spare MT-G2 laying around and love the tint of those LEDs…

what is the best mod for me to get more power out of the xpl hi? besides spring bypass?

Oh you’ve GOT to be Kidding! Specs? Seriously? HERE?

The MT-G2 CAN do well over 12A and 4300 lumens.
The XHP-70 I’ve seen on a single pair of 18650’s at 5500 lumens, a pair of 26650’s at 6400.

So realistically, in the 50% more ball park, until you take the donut hole into consideration for how it actually appears to the eye.

Does anyone know of a good 20mm buck driver? Or know where I can get “low profile” 17mm to 20mm adapter rings? The rings I have are to thick to mount under the retaining ring.

These adaptors might work.

http://www.kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S023828

I think I’m going to try with A17DD FET driver from BLF A6 with spring bypass

But the beamshots with the MGT2 led are so awesome!

subscribed

I ordered some others from ebay which were 3mm in height and prevented using the retention ring, these at 2.3mm might work.

the space of the regular driveron l2 is 17mm or 20mm? if i want put one fet driver i can take standard 17mm fet driver or 20mm??

The 2015 1C version was 17mm, while the 2C 2016 version is 20mm.

thanks, i just take one fet 20mm at part for the l2 2016 2c you intneded with the 2 cell tube extension….!?