Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Only if you use it with one cell.
Also, not sure if the L2 had a copper DTP mcpcb. If it his aluminium you really should upgrade it to copper when using a fet driver.

I can buy another xpl hi already on a copper board?

Is it hard for me to put my current LED onto a copper board?

first time i have changed drivers so i am not sure!

The easiest way is to buy a XPL-HI on copper board, which is also available from Richard at MTN.

If this is you first driver/emitter swap I recommend the easiest way.

It is doable to do it yourself. You’ll need the heat the led board till you can pull the emitter off of the board. Then you’ll need some solder paste to put on the copper board (not sure if normal solder wil work…?). place your emitter with the correct orientation on the copper board and heat it from beneath till the led ‘flows’/’gets in place’ (you know what I mean when you see it).
Don’t forget to pull the heat away when the led starts to ‘settle’.

I hope I’ve explained it well.

That’s about the extent of any news at this time. It will probably be sometime next week before all of his workers are back. He’s running the whole show by himself right now filling orders and not getting much sleep. There will not likely be any real news for a few weeks yet.

Dunno if any interest, but these holsters are back in stock at Fasttech at a cheap price of $3.71. Fits the single cell L2 well. I just got in qty 5 of them. They fit a ton of my lights, like the Yezl Y3, Maxtoch M12, etc.

I am definitely interested. Looks like a nice fit and a great price. I REALLY love that camo pouch though. Can you post or PM me links?

Edit: Links to both if possible. The camo pouch and the more fitted black holster both look cool.

hi, still simon has trouble and don’t ship or place on order his shop??

I wasn’t sure what you were getting at so I went to Simon’s store and I see the big banner across the top.

“Because of the new rules of airlines, the battery cannot be mailed, we feel very sorry. Some parcels(battery inside) will be returned.”

I assume this is what you are referring to. As far as I know the only issue is shipping batteries. This unfortunately means some items already in transit are going to be held or returned to Simon. A UN ruling was made a while back that would ban shipping of lithium ion batteries on passenger planes but that wasn’t supposed to take effect until April. It looks like the may have pushed up the schedule. I don’t have any more info right now but I will talk to Simon to get a more clear picture and I’ll ask if anything else is going on.

Holster here: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1330400

The camo pouches I got off of eBay. Bought them originally for SRK's, which fit great btw, but found they fit a whole lot more lights pretty well too. Here's a close-up of the label:

The pouch's are no longer listed, but I bought 3 for $20 shipped back in April 2014. Listing was:

"LOT OF 3 New DESERT CAMO MOLLE II Military Double Mag Magazine Ammo Pouch"

I also bought in the same time frame a single piece pouch for $15 shipped, but is made form heavier material - more like the real military grade. It's basically the same price, but really a step up in quality. That listing was:

"Military Molle M-4 Mag Pouch Molle Single or Double"

(links no longer work)

This listing looks pretty good, true mil surplus, so they say: ebay-Lot-of-4-Double-Mag-Pouches-Woodland-Camo-Good-Cond-Molle-II-30-RD-Magazine

These could be the same as I ordered: ebay New-3-Genuine-Military-Issue-MOLLE-II-Double-Mag-Pouch-Woodland-Camo-USGI-SDS

Dunno if they are the same size - not an arms expert.. Do an eBay search on "molle ii double mag" for example, and you'll see a bunch, including these 2.

Thanks Tom. I will probably order a few of the Niwalker holsters. As for the Molle pouches I’ll have to look around a bit. I appreciate you looking for me but the green camo is just nowhere near as good looking as the tan camo you have. Excellent find. Thank you!

I just ordered these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301838905517 (Lot of 2 Double Mag Pouches ACU - Molle II Two Magazine Pouch - US Army)

and this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/280525785133 (grenade pouch)

The first pair I'm thinking should be the same size, but these 2 are real surplus, being used. The ones I currently have were new.

The grenade pouch should be smaller, but for under $5, interesting to see what it can fit, besides grenades that is...

Has anyone ordered one of the pre built XPL-HI models of this and done any testing? Output on 1 and 2 cell, lux for the same? Current on one cell etc…

I done a review on the L2 fast forward to 12mins and there is beam shots of it versing the BLF x6 and BLF D80 i think i put a skip tab in the video…

Those digital camo ones look pretty good. I still like the desert camo best but those look better than the older style jungle camo IMO. I have a question on the Niwalker holster. is the hole in the bottom big enough to allow the tactical ring to slip through in the double cell setup? Looks like it would be tight if it fits through at all. I realize it would be a snag point but I’m just curious if it fits through. There’s always the simple ring if not but I’ve really grown to like the tac-ring.

Bottom hole is tight for 26650 cell tubes in general (wider ones may not fit), so the cigar grip ring-thing would not fit for sure.

Gotcha. Thanks.

No, the LD-25 is a single cell driver.

Sadly, no. Something will most likely go poof! The only way to run it like that safely is with one live cell and some sort of dummy cell to bridge the gap but not increase the voltage. I can tell you that I did run first (LD25) L2 with the extension tube and two 26650 cells for a few minutes once on accident and nothing happened but I would not recommend anyone try that. From everything I understand I just got lucky that I didn’t fry it and I only ran it for a few minutes that way. The reason for the switch to the LD29 in the second run is so that it’s one of the few drivers setup to run in both a1 cell or 2 cell configuration. If you’re up for doing a driver swap you can buy the LD29 driver pretty cheap from Simons Convoy store or at Mountain Electronics if you’re in the US.

Edit: Man I type way too slow. I see thijsco19 beat me to it while I was talking too much again. :stuck_out_tongue:
Edit again: >:/ I forgot the first run has a 17mm driver shelf so the LD29 is not an option. Plenty of 17mm drivers out there though. :/

This is a very good buck driver which has a higher output then the standaard LD25/29 driver and can be fully customized.