Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Yeah and they said dding isnt worth it :slight_smile:
10x for the photo m8, even with the default driver there is a significant dain in candelas, mine topped 820k and the tint is ways more hunting friendly( i have the cw, had actualy)

KawiBoy1428 do you use that tn42 regulary? Was wondering if its reliable enough to push the emitter at 3 amps. Pls share your exp

Dang Dude!

Hahaha, nice one Dale :smiley:

@ DB Custom,

LOL

Thanks Dale, 1st laugh of the day.

Cheers,

S-L :slight_smile:

What are you waiting for buddy? Aren’t those L6 smooth reflectors you have just sitting there collecting dust calling out to you yet? They’re screaming for an XHP35 to fill the hole in their heart! :stuck_out_tongue:
You’ll get a nice bump in throw from the larger reflector of the L6 compared to the L2.

Got a great old Johnny Cash tune running through my head now. :smiley: Thanks Dale

Waiting for another L6 lol.

I like this one with the XHP70 too much to mess with it, it is just a great all around light, one of my top 3 lights.

I plan to get a naked L6 at some point for an XHP35 mod.

Since convoy site is closed where else can I purchase this ? Even if it’s just the host ?

Stateside: Mtn Electronics (this is the host, the full light is out of stock)

China: Banggood and Gearbest (check the forums for coupons if you go this route)

20700s are not yet widely available around the world, so I think that Convoy releasing a 20700 based light at the current time would be unwise.

I would say just the opposite, since there is no competition at this point convoy has the ability to be the defacto standard for the 21700 platform.

I am 100% in favor of these, I feel that most 18650 tubes are too small to be comfortably held in anything larger then an S2+ and the extra runtime and/or power is great as well.

For example I think the C8 needs a 21700 tube, it will be a lot better balanced with it. Also a slightly larger S2+ with a 21700 would be an amazing light I think, the larger reflector would give it a very nice middle ground beam pattern and it would still be EDC sized.

The X6 needs help IMHO once modded, the head is just too unbalanced from the rest of the body, a 21700 is just what it needs.

Putting out a few 21700 lights now would give convoy a big heads up in the growing 21700 market.

The 21700 is here to stay, weather it will take over 18650 is debatable at this point but the 21700 will not be going away and it should maintain at least the same if not higher development. So you can expect a lot of new offerings in the 21700 form factor going forward.

I mean a 5000ma battery in a 21700 form factor? Yes please.

Plus any 21700 light can easily be used with an 18650.

There is not much point producing a 20700 or 21700 light if the majority of potential users are currently unable to purchase said batteries. Don’t forget the vast majority of the world’s population is not in the USA, which seems to be only place where a reputable retailer currently has them stock.

By the time a light actually made it to market the batteries would be available worldwide and more and more options will be showing up as companies start producing this form factor. At this point only 1 of 4 cell manufactures have released a cell in this size. The others will not want to fall behind and as such you can count on them releasing them as well.

Plus like I said, you can use 18650 just fine in it and I think that the larger grip size would be an advantage anyways in many lights.

It is only a matter of time before the 21700 cells and lights hit the market in force, why not put yourself at the front of the line?

A 3mm difference? Seems hardly noticeable, barely an eighth-inch.

But yeah, you could still use an 18650 probably even without a sizing-sleeve.

That’s just it though, for such a little difference in size there is a lot more capacity. Run time is considerably longer while the power is still there. Win Win.

Don’t forget that that a 18650/21700 light would need springs that can handle the length variations.

It is no different then protected 18650’s, that should not be a problem.

But if protected 27100s come to the market (which would be inevitable) then the springs would have to accommodate up to a 10mm range in length, if they are to handle both protected and unprotected 18650 and 21700 cells.

I can’t fathom the need for a protected circuit added to a 21700 cell, totally defeats the purpose of the chemistry and the high discharge capability. Like a 55mph governor on a Corvette.

Same goes for 26650s as well, but they still exist. Some people prefer to use protected cells, especially for series lights. There is no reason why a protection circuit cannot be made to allow >12A draw, and some of the newer and better 18650 protection circuits have reasonably low resistance (<15mOhms) compared to no protection circuit.