Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

You can check these out, might be something you could use? I just run a 17/22mm FETDD driver Zener Mod with 2x26350’s for the single cell tube. But I don’t know if you can get (26350’s) them any more?

http://kaidomain.com/c/226.DIY-Flashlight-Circuit-Boards-LED-Driver-Board

This is what I was kind of thinking. I’m sure the L2 would get warm, but its pretty hefty so I’d think it would manage the heat well.

DB & ZozzV6: It looks like the H2-C looks like it is 22mm. whereas the L2 takes a 20mm. I did find this H1-A ( Link Here ), which is a 20mm boost driver so this might be possible.

3amps at 6v… I wonder which XHP will give me the best output vs heat. Or should I just go for sheer output :smiling_imp:

Edit: KawiBoy: Yea I’ve been looking through those. How do you get the 17/22mm drivers to fit in the L2?

I have both models of L2’s a 17mm driver (old version,one of the first ones) and a 22mm based driver L2

Edit: Stop I filed down a 22mm driver for the newer L2 20mm driver, because that what I had on hand.

Weird… I usually just go off of what Mtnelectronics lists as driver size. Looks like he has it as 20mm. I guess I need to take my apart and see what I got.

Edit: Turns out mine is a 17mm

No I filed down a 22mm driver for it, I edited my last post. I think when I used the 20mm it was sloppy so I filed down a 22mm for a tight fit? It was soo freaking long ago, :person_facepalming:

I have CRS!!! :smiley:

I run these cells on a fet driver with an xhp70 in my mini L6 and got 7.3 amps. It’s not the 11 to 12 amps you’d get from a pair of 26650, but it’s pretty decent.

Richard at MTN is carrying the 26350 cells now.

!!

FWIW. The Kaidomain H1-A driver fits the newer Convoy L2’s with no modification. I have an H1-A and an XHP 50.2 combo single cell in the L2 .

Did a resistor mod on the driver also - took out the R025 resistor and replaced it with an R018. Do not have any numbers but visually it seems to be pushing the emitter harder.

I’m having to look this stuff up as its been so long since I’ve even looked at this thing.

Jason: Those cells might be the easiest way to make this work. I guess my dilemma is whether I want a pretty bright, single cell looking light… or buy the tube extension and run a XHP70.2 with a FET and have some serious power.

Has anyone put the new XHP70.2 in a SMO reflector? I wonder if there is still a dark spot in the beam on the new version.

Of course they have, myself included. Technically they are a bit dim in the center, but you can’t hardly tell when at high power levels. They look nice.

I tried a 50.2 as well and the results were the same, just a smaller hotspot diameter.

If you use the 70.2 or 70 you might have to open up the emitter hole in the reflector quite a bit! The XHP50 fits perfect, XM size, just saying……

looks like this is going to be my next project :slight_smile:

From that angle, it looks long… I measure 65mm x 385.5mm or 2 1/2” x 15 1/8”.

It’s a little longer than a 3D Maglite, shorter than a 4D.

I would see L2 in Silver Clear!
Who want do this request at factory?

Thanks for the reminder. I haven’t been on BLF much lately. Too much life stuff going on. We were planning a clear anodized L2. I’ll ask Simon where that stands. We were looking at non-beadblasted finish prior to the anodizing so it would look more like bare aluminum without the silvery look the bead blasting gives it. I’ll let you all know as soon as I have more to tell.

Thanks for reply
I hope finally they will make it,always with extension tube options
we can create a group buy on simon’s once they will be in productions

I really like to see the L2 with a side electronic switch like the L6. Is this possibble at some time later?

I need this. 4 batteries right? I buy 2 extra extension tubes?

Will be a great night stick. Only downside is marrying so many cells that i cant use in anything else.

No not necessarily, match mark your 4 cells. I run a RED sharpie (magic marker) around the base of my 4 cells, but I have 8 of the same cells, so I run a BLACK sharpie around the base of the other 4 to keep them identified as a group.

Say I use the red cells in different lights in different configurations, then when I want to run 4S I charge the red group of 4 at the same time before using. Just deplete them and charge them at the same cycles as a group.

Pulled the trigger on my new L2 build. XHP50.2 with a RMM FET and 2 26350’s. :+1:

Be careful, they (50.2) like to burn out on fet drivers.