Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Deleted, its the same ole same ole anyway! :wink:

Pok, I am told Nitro Paint Thinner works. :wink: Have yet to try it myself but most likely willā€¦

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026934.57_8mm(D)-x-55mm(H)-OP-Aluminum-Reflector

Does anybody know/think if these reflectors will fit in the old-style L2? Mine came with the reflector that does not screw into the light. And this one's offered in OP, but they have it in smooth as well. The measurements seem ok, but that bottom 3rd section in the 3rd pic doesn't look quite right.

Dedomed another sst-40 today in warm Nitro Paint Thinner , warm seems to be absolutely successful for me until today .

ā€¦until today? Care to elaborate?

What am i writing ? 3am , time to sleep :innocent:

What i wanted to say is that it still works , not that it worked until today .

Ahhh, happy moonshine to you then. Gnite Georgeā€¦ā€¦

Yesterday I got my L2 from Gearbest. Not what Iā€™m used to from Convoy :frowning:
I made a ticket. Now Iā€™m waiting for reply.

It appears like Convoy is getting careless these days, or maybe itā€™s the suppliers of GB.

I hope not, and it was a single mistake by a tired worker. I still will be buying Convoys because most of the time easy to repair anything.

My last Convoy purchase from GearBest has minor dents and marks on the retaining rings but nothing really bad. Passable in terms of quality control. Itā€™s still worrying to see these bad batches from rushed production.

My first L2 was recently ordered from GB. Will be a couple weeks till I receive it. I hope it will be s good one.

Almost looks as if someone had it before you did. Maybe a return to Gearbest? That isnā€™t at all typical of Convoy, doesnā€™t look like any Convoy I ever got.

Thereā€™s probably a lot to be said about ordering direct from Simon.

I had about 40-50 new convoys in my hand and not one looked like this. I think that too maybe it was a sent back item.

I canā€™t tell from the pictures, but it looks like the threads are partially missing or severely cut wrong. It that case or are the threads fine?

The tube threads mostly OK but a little rough to thread in the tube and because of the marks I donā€™t think it is waterproof perfectly because thatā€™t where the O-ring contacts. The retaining ring was hard to get out and the threads of it also damaget but I was able to put it in the good way but it was hard to twist.

That definitely looks like a used flashlight to me. Iā€™ve never seen any thing like that coming from Simon and Iā€™ve ordered a LOT. Threads in particular are one of the things Simonā€™s host manufacturer does a very good job of. Yes there is an occasional slip in QC and this time of year would be more likely than less busy times but that light is beat up. Hopefully Gearbest stands by what they sell. That light has been taken apart a few times and a few slips were made with pliers and such during disassembly and reassembly. Looks like a return to me.

Gearbest offered 5$ and 10 points. Iā€™m not happy with that as I spend there almost 600$ in last two months. I wrote them another letter.

Have you ever had an issue with Gearbest? Do you know the layers of support? First they always offer a small sum of money and points. That is level one. Next they will ignore you for a while then they might offer a larger sum. Then they might offer you a new light at a steep discount and you keep the old light or they might suggest you ship it back for a full replacement. Probably the best deal is to get a 2nd at a steep discount. Then you have 2 working lights, but one is just banged up. You just have to stick with it and not take any small offers.

Yes unfortunately I know. That is why I sent another message :wink: