Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Finally got my order in as well (N4 2A)! I’m in the same boat regarding cell choices (read: not sure which ones to grab).

Possible unprotected contenders I am considering:

Efest purple 26650 4200mAh (67.39mm).
Efest green (older?) 26650 4200mAh (65.11mm).
AWT yellow 4500mAh (67.19mm).
KeepPower Black IMR 4200mAh, PN: UH2642 ver.2015 (67.5mm).
KeepPower IMR 26650 4200mAh, ver.2014 (67mm).

Even thought all of the above are flat-top cells, I am fairly certain the tops extend far enough that stacking isn’t a problem.

I’d love to hear any feedback and/or comparison data on any of the above. It’s looking like the 4200mAh cells are good “all-rounders” but that is just a guess on my part! :beer:

I asked over at r/flashlight on reddit and had Mtn’s unprotected King Kong 4000 mAh recommended, but I have a hard time buying anything in the 4000 mAh range knowing that there are 5200 mAh out there. That’s 25% more capacity! Is Simon recommending protected cells because the driver lacks protection or just because of the LiIon 101 danger warning about discharging cells in series?

What cells are recommended?

Can someone recommend cell which is protected and ships to EU? from Fasttech, gearbest or banggood? And of course no longer than 70mm to fit. Are the Thorfire 5200mAh 26650 batteries enough for this light?

Maybe that smaller capacity keeppower batteries, they seems to be 69,6mm 26650 keeppower 4500mah haben wiederaufladbare Li-Ionsbatterie geschützt Sale - Banggood Deutschland sold out-arrival notice-arrival notice

Have you read this tread ? there is some good info on those Thorfire 5200mAh 26650 batteries :

The new shorter (Ver: 2015) Keeppower 5200mAh 26650 is 69.5mm. However it would be advisable to contact the retailer to confirm which version they are selling!

My L6 came yesterday in bad condition. The AR coated lens has several scratches and the coating was not done good. After cleaning the lens, the coating was total gone. My cleaning of lenses is always the same procedure and I didn`t had any problems with other lenses. Maybe Simon can sell me a new lens, so I didn`t have the trouble with a open ticket on GearBest. Sorry but I´m not able to insert a picture. Can anybody tell me what I have to do, to upload a picture here on BLF?

Robert

Thanks! Maybe I will buy a pair of those.

You have to upload the image to your own webspace or a free image hoster like directupload.net or imgurl and insert the image by linking to it with the “insert image” button. there is no other way.

Btw, sorry for your trouble, doesn´t sound good… the L6 does not come with a spare lens ? Pitty…

K.

That’s a bummer. If you bought it from Gearbest you need to handle any issues through them. I will mention the glass to Simon though and if he has any extra I will let you know.

Any AR coated lens has to be handled like a pair of glasses or the pricey lens on a camera lens, as applied surface treatments are very prone to damage by cleaning. Some are tougher than others of course and that’s an easy identifier of a quality lens. I have quite a few expensive camera lenses and I have made it a habit over the years to simply not touch them, keep lens covers on, and not get them dirty in the first place. I very seldom clean a camera lens, but if I do have to, I have dedicated lens cleaners and use PecPads designed to clean the sensor so I don’t get scratches.

Sounds like you may not have an authentic Convoy flashlight. :frowning:

I see Gearbest is keeping up with their high quality standards… :person_facepalming:

I talked to Simon. He said to contact him directly. I’d message him though the Ali store. If you have any questions just send me a PM.

I also wasn’t very surprised to read the name “GearBest” in this post. I ordered my L6 from BG with the coupon for \$50 - can’t go wrong with that price :)

Now isn’t this something!!! :+1: Another Job well done by the Dynamic Dou!!! :beer: :wink: :beer:

No other flashlight brand takes trouble like convoy. Bought in another shop, nevertheless get help from Simon on Aliexpress.

Thx

IMHO it’s trouble with GB only, not Convoy.

Well that’s not very fair, GB is just a middle man and even though they screw up orders from time to time I don’t think they open all boxes and scratch the lenses on purpose … That’s a manufacturer fault.

But bravo to Simon and convoy to deal with that directly. WTG!
K.

A friend of mine say’s I over-paid because I bought it from Simon. Then he went on to say Gearbest had it for $3 less (after my BLF discount). After I stopped laughing I said, good luck in getting a real one! Even if it was real, I wouldn’t buy it from them. Like others, Ive had issues with them in the past.