Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

I want to thank you J-Dub for bringing this sweet flashlight to our attention. :slight_smile: I might even replace my TK75 avatar with this beauty!

Smooth reflectors are being made for the L6 though I don’t have a production date. Clear anodizing is also supposed to be coming soon too but again there I don’t have a date yet. Simon wants to do a run of S2+ in the clear anodizing first as there is much less cost involved and we want to see a full batch of clear anodized lights. So far he just has a sample of the S2+ in clear but it’s gorgeous. Speaking of gorgeous it’s beautiful weather here and I have to finish planting my garden so I won’t be online much today but I’ll try to check in here and there. I’m glad you’re all liking the L6. :sunglasses:

Anybody know if Simon’s XHP70’s in the L6 are High CRI led’s? The 5700K 2A he offers is a N4 tint bin and along with the N4 6000K 1C they should be the brightest two offered

5000K 3A bin drops to N2

But I’m just not in the know about CRI values and if they apply here.

I do not have a measurement equipment, but able to take comparison photos in a dark room (store room). From what I observed, it is not high CRI, probably 70+.

NICHIA 219B 5000K (BLF 348) vs XHP70 N2 1C (Convoy L6)

watching and waiting patiently for my clear L6 and tan S2+ and clear S2+ :innocent: :blush:

Mine came in today. I love the light, but hate the high pitch tone in mode 3!

Please check your lights, maybe mine has a lemon driver? I cleaned and made sure all points are tight.

No sound from mine

There definitely should not be any noise. You should contact Simon. He might ask if you can provide a video so he can better see/hear the problem. My only lights that have any kind of whine in any of the modes had drivers that were PWM regulated. The L6 driver doesn’t use PWM so something else is wrong. You should send Simon a message in his store.

This photo shows the colour rendering from the 5000K 3A emitter.

In comparison with all my cool white lights, the colour rending from the L6 5000K is fantastic despite not being a dedicated high-CRI emitter. In a test setting it is not quite as good as the colour rendering from a 4000k Nichia or 3000k 90+ CRI XP-G2, but out in the wild there is little noticeable difference. The photo below is unprocessed and you can see that there is good colour saturation from the L6’s beam.

Something arround 70( but not R9)

Mine is cool white and the default CRI is 32( the torch one, not the emitter itself), R9 is arround 18: yes i know its pathetic but thats a flashlight, not a led light for a surgery room or an art gallery lighting
The numbers are that low cause of the AR glass, havent measured them without it

Thanks for the pic stephenk. Very helpful.

And how do you like the tint? I know you played last night. :slight_smile:

I’m hoping someone picked up the L6 with the 5700K tint?

How does your 5700K tint compare to the 5000K tint thus far?

Gosh, how I love to compare before purchasing. It’s half the fun. :laughing:

I like the tint a lot. It’s a bit warmer than I thought it would be. I guess that’s to be expected since I’m used to cool white emitters. That said, I’m extremely pleased with the L6

He told me tighten it, and clean contacts. I did. The sound is still there. I ordered direct from him. Not gb or anywhere. I am sure I have correct driver.

Jake did you try jumping it with a wire, while pushing the batteries tight , to see if it’s spring harmonics? You could also try re-positioning the driver or rotate it a little and tighten the retainer, make sure it’s centered and seated, before cranking her home. My e-switch ground wire was close the the driver side ground ring, might be hanging up on that, you’ll get ground, the light will work, but there might still be an air gap?

Just out of curiosity, what kind of cells are you using? Are they over 70mm?

From his post # 3 Solder blobbed Basens to make contact? My l6 has high pitch sound Updated My Basens are 66.5mm. and I used them in the L6 no problemo and no blobbage?

That’s really odd. I tried multiple times with my basens. Nothing. I tightened everything up and nothing. Then I tried a tiny magnet on the positive side of the second cell and light worked great.
I will have to try using wire to jump while pressing on the batteries.
My basens say pluse not pulse, are they fake?
It seems no one else is having these issues.

I tried pushing the battery all the way in and jumping it. I still had a high pitch sound. I think it was louder with cap off the light.
I made sure the retaining rings are tight, I did not remove them, I don’t want to ruin any chance of warranty with this light by messing with it
Sorry for delay jdub, I am using basen 4500 60a cells brand new