Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

I’m hoping someone picked up the L6 with the 5700K tint?

How does your 5700K tint compare to the 5000K tint thus far?

Gosh, how I love to compare before purchasing. It’s half the fun. :laughing:

I like the tint a lot. It’s a bit warmer than I thought it would be. I guess that’s to be expected since I’m used to cool white emitters. That said, I’m extremely pleased with the L6

He told me tighten it, and clean contacts. I did. The sound is still there. I ordered direct from him. Not gb or anywhere. I am sure I have correct driver.

Jake did you try jumping it with a wire, while pushing the batteries tight , to see if it’s spring harmonics? You could also try re-positioning the driver or rotate it a little and tighten the retainer, make sure it’s centered and seated, before cranking her home. My e-switch ground wire was close the the driver side ground ring, might be hanging up on that, you’ll get ground, the light will work, but there might still be an air gap?

Just out of curiosity, what kind of cells are you using? Are they over 70mm?

From his post # 3 Solder blobbed Basens to make contact? My l6 has high pitch sound Updated My Basens are 66.5mm. and I used them in the L6 no problemo and no blobbage?

That’s really odd. I tried multiple times with my basens. Nothing. I tightened everything up and nothing. Then I tried a tiny magnet on the positive side of the second cell and light worked great.
I will have to try using wire to jump while pressing on the batteries.
My basens say pluse not pulse, are they fake?
It seems no one else is having these issues.

I tried pushing the battery all the way in and jumping it. I still had a high pitch sound. I think it was louder with cap off the light.
I made sure the retaining rings are tight, I did not remove them, I don’t want to ruin any chance of warranty with this light by messing with it
Sorry for delay jdub, I am using basen 4500 60a cells brand new

The high-pitched sound may be coming from the inductor on the driver board. Probably the winding not being tightly wound as it should be. If that’s the case, it’s an annoyance, not something that will cause problems in the future

I have both Pulse and Pluse hahaaa! Fake? I don’t know, they both work great, so far? But that’s what I was using in the L6. I have 8 Pulse from LiionWholesale and with my Digital Vernier they’re within 1.3 of each other, the Pulse being shorter? http://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/products/basen-4500mah-26650?variant=14135870212 Yeah I wish you would try the jumper check, I need to know! :smiley: I have never run across a noise problem, that or I’m just not sensitive or just deef, or both! :person_facepalming: Can you post a pic of your L6? Are you using the Tacticool Ring?

That is good to know. But I really like using this light :smiley: I don’t wanna hear it when I’m using it all summer

Here’s a pic, maybe the inductor? Got some silicone around the sides? If it was me I’d pull the driver back, wires should be long enough, and hook up a couple batteries to the driver and test it out side the light. Should be able to inspect it a bit, see if it’s anything obvious, broken solder bond between the 2 tabs, if thats what I’m seeing in the pic? Then go from there, let Simon know?

[quote=Kozy]
opinion or experience for this?

Keeppower IMR 26650 battery 4200mAh

Not protected…

[/quote

in my lights, the kp’s did better than kk’s and mnke’s, but the efest dark purple 4200’s are still the best.

That’s it. They are sometimes known to sing at high frequencies

No need for apologies. I only ask because a few people have reported odd issues and different cells made all well. I wonder if some unprotected cells may be too short to make a good connection? Since this is a series light the double stack can vary by 6mm or more depending on cell choice. Just trying to rule out if it’s truly an issue with the light or more to do with the cells. If what you’ve described and what KB has already suggested already rules that out then please disregard this comment. I fully admit I know little about this higher end of the technical aspects and defer to those with more knowledge. If there is anything you think I can do to help or need to communicate to Simon though please let me know.

Why? When a inaudible frequency becomes audible, usually means something is wrong? Some kind of electrical interference, loose connection, improper grounding, shielding, vibration? Something is making that frequency amplified? Same thing is going on with the K70, some make noise (sing) some don’t. My K70 don’t and I have had other people check it, and why aren’t more L6 owner’s having the same issue? Just saying………

I’m not an expert in flashlight driver topology, but I’ve heard inductors whine in the past in other circuits. Just like humming power transformers. Some hum, some dont. Depends on the construction.

BTW, my Dry whines on the second brightness level. It’s been doing it for 2 years with no ill effects.

Edit: just noticed the Dry even whines in the turbo mode, only when I press my ear up against it. I’m 64 years old so I may not detect what younger people hear. Had my hearing checked recently, and I can still hear up to 14 KHZ

I let Simon know, I am sure that it will be figured out soon.
until he responds, I don’t really feel comfortable opening the innards of the head, and switch, and checking things, he may ask me to send it back for inspection for all I know ( hope not) but if he needs to look at it, At least I have not touched anything that is inside

Anyone measure the voltage where the L6 battery protection kicks in yet? If not, I’ll do that when I have time.

Thought I read 6 volts but I am not 100% sure.
If you test please let us know. Protected cells are recommended