Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

I want to order one of these, probably in 3A.

I’m wondering if I should get it from Fasttech ($52.59) or directly from Simon? (around $58?) Does Simon use e-packet for fast shipping to the US? And will he price match Fasttech?

I’m sure the answer is here if I’d read through this whole thread but could someone please advise what’s the best value for proper batteries for it?
The recommend protected keeppower 26650 5200mAH from simon, or is there something equal or better I can order from Mtn or Illumn?

Simon gives the BLF discount if you message him before paying, but his overall price is not as cheap as the retailers. I don’t think he has access to as fast of a shipping method as the big retailers either.

What you get from buying direct from Simon is more tint options and the warm fuzzy feeling of more money going direct to the manufacturer. I suppose if you had some sort of special request Simon might be able to accommodate you in ways the retailer couldn’t.

Yes I agree with gangstead
For me the difference between 70 for a NW at Simon and $49 at FastTech made me order at FastTech thinking Convoy would still make its bucks.

For S2 and all lights below $25 the difference is neglect able.

In your case
58 - 15% is even less then $52 do double no brainer :wink:

(Oh and BTW I make up by attacking fake Convoy sellers and get at least two listings pulled every week, so even when buying at FastTech I know I help Simon.
Heheh keeping track 347 listings where C8s were advertised as Convoys pulled because of me messaging the vendors, it takes some time but feels very nice to do for the guy that made me experience the first super nice flashlight of my life! )

Best value for unprotected 26650 right now are the liitokala from Gearbest at about $5 each. They have been tested by several members and outperformed other high drain cells in modded 26650 light and the L6.

As for protected I can’t help, haven’t used a protected cell in years.

Where you buy is up to you of course but I’ve honestly had better overall experiences buying directly from Simon vs. the other retailers.
Simon does includes free e-packet shipping for all Convoy flashlights. Simon can’t ship batteries to the US at this time but the KP 5200 is probably about the best cell for this light just make sure you’re getting the newer (shorter) version that come in under 70mm.

M4D M4X has a code which brings it below $50. M4D M4X deals - Astrolux WP1 and WP2 LEP

Good luck finding it …
If you do, please post the link in this thread.

For me it’s the biggest negative about the L6 :
No protected 5000+ mAh available (with international shipping) (and that doesn’t rime with fire)

It would be so much better with 4*18650 in 2s2p configuration (not a soda can) … one day maybe …

Simon makes very little money, if any, when purchased through vendors. The purpose of the vendors is to move the inventory and keep capital flowing. With manufacturing it is not "send me a couple of these or that". Rather you must buy by the thousand to achieve a price.

Knowing that Simon is the actual owner, and having spoken with him many times, I would much rather pay the difference directly to Simon to make things worthwhile for him to bring new items to market. I guess I may be different than most because price in never my first consideration. Service and quality come first and Simon more than does that.

$20 difference is not much in today's day and age and that alone make it worth purchasing am L6 at Simon's store

But…KP 5200 Protected, where to buy in US or shipped to US?

AL1 - I am pretty sure that Illumn.com has them. Send CalvinIS a pm and he will tell you if those are the correct ones.

Thanks bugsy36-

Simon sent me a spare retaining ring after sending him a picture of how badly chewed up the one on my L6 was. :smiley: Received them today!

I asked last week, he has the long ones that do not fit.

Thanks!

Opinions requested…

Is the L6 the best lumens bang for the buck?

IMHO yes, until the BLF Q8 becomes reality! :smiley:
K.

Argh now this waiting.

I have the lanyard ready to change it into a 26650 purse :wink:
Can’t wait to check this thing out!

Here was thinking being done for a while and only gtting some modding stuff and Q8 related items.
Sigh, now waiting for the Jax Z1 and this L6….
Tracking shows the Z1 but I don have a number for the L6 et. Man I need to step into order and forget mode! But that is rally hard these orders :wink:

I paid the $58 to Simon direct and got the N4 2A LED I preferred (FastTech doesn't offer it). My L6 arrived, actually delivered today so should see it later. Mine was ordered June 20th but I knew he didn't have them in stock at the time. Somewhere, somehow there was a delay, and the China "Acceptance" in tracking only happened on July 1st, but once it got in the shipping stream, it went fast, 1st to the 7th - not bad at all.

I'm thinking this L6 will be from a new batch since it wasn't in stock, but don't think there's any changes.

Maybe I don't get it, or maybe I'm not looking enough and don't see it:

But has anybody found a quality 69mm(L) or less >4000mAh-5200mAh 26650 Protected Battery that is actually in stock and available to purchase in the US?

I appreciate the many suggestions for 'Thorfire' Batteries, but I would rather stay away from any battery with the word 'fire' in it.

Years ago I bought #2 'Trustfire 18650' Batteries from 'Manafont' (wow, that was a long time ago, does anyone remember Manafont?', they were vouched for as authentic....I measured them recently with my OPUS 3100/2.2 and they came-in under their labeled mAh 's, but were the same as HKJ's review...anyway, I never use them....

Thanks!

Yes I got your misunderstanding.
Thorfire actually makes good stuff, their cells are confirmed good.
It has been said many times (and probably will be said many times in the future), the fire in Thorfire places it in the wrong place for people not knowing them.