Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

FastTech lists L6 N4-3A, like new emitter? Is it safe to buy?

That’s the first time I’ve seen an N4—3A emitter listed. I bet it’s a typo. Should read N2-3A.

N4 would be a higher binned 3A (slightly brighter) than N2

Probably typo.

Is anyone else getting sort of lame behavior from the temp sensor on this light?

I just noticed that when I run mine for about a minute on turbo it kicks down to low, and then over a period of a few seconds bumps up to higher levels, then within the next couple often drops back to low.

This light has no temperature sensor. It is pretty weird of your L6 to do that.

Mine does not even get hot at all when this happens. I can get the head hotter by running it on high vs turbo. I too use unprotected cells. KP 5200ma

I was a puddle hop away from order a huge pile of these…. Man am I glad I didn’t!! If that thing would even run a set amount of time ( like 3 min) and then kick to medium or high I could live with that, but jumping up, down up down up down is ridiculous.

Thanks for reporting atbglenn. If anyone else is having this problem I would very much like to know. If it turns out this is only a fluke ( ie mine is defective) I would still love to stock these.

Wow man, I posted in the wrong thread! Sorry I’m going to delete my post. I’ll blame it on my hangover from partying last night. Sorry about that. I was talking about my ArmyTek Wizard Pro.

BTW, I love my L6. I haven’t had any problems with it

LOL…ManNnNnnnnn…that was some party… :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :smiley:

still laffin’

Not sure, but I think I had 10 or more shots of Cheech Marin’s Tequila. I was trying to keep up with my buddy’s 2 sons and his friends. Big mistake!!!

Sounds like a driver problem?

All prior testing showed the L6 to run uninterrupted on Turbo, an hour or more. Either your cells are giving an issue or you have some other foible, either way, it’s an isolated incident.

Thanks for posting guys. I really appreciate it. I’m thrilled to hear this is not a “feature” on the light. I will test with another brand of cell once I get a full charge on them. I’ve only had my keepowers for about 6 months, but I guess its possible they are burnt out. If it is the driver I can survive that too. I will just put an LD-2M in there :slight_smile:

The only thing I did to mine was a resistor mod for more lumens. I think I’m in the 4600 range, and it’s working just fine, making more heat as expected but not stepping down or anything.

Edit: Dug through my notes, yep, 4609 pulling 6.36A from a pair of Basen’s.

I want to order one of these, probably in 3A.

I’m wondering if I should get it from Fasttech ($52.59) or directly from Simon? (around $58?) Does Simon use e-packet for fast shipping to the US? And will he price match Fasttech?

I’m sure the answer is here if I’d read through this whole thread but could someone please advise what’s the best value for proper batteries for it?
The recommend protected keeppower 26650 5200mAH from simon, or is there something equal or better I can order from Mtn or Illumn?

Simon gives the BLF discount if you message him before paying, but his overall price is not as cheap as the retailers. I don’t think he has access to as fast of a shipping method as the big retailers either.

What you get from buying direct from Simon is more tint options and the warm fuzzy feeling of more money going direct to the manufacturer. I suppose if you had some sort of special request Simon might be able to accommodate you in ways the retailer couldn’t.

Yes I agree with gangstead
For me the difference between 70 for a NW at Simon and $49 at FastTech made me order at FastTech thinking Convoy would still make its bucks.

For S2 and all lights below $25 the difference is neglect able.

In your case
58 - 15% is even less then $52 do double no brainer :wink:

(Oh and BTW I make up by attacking fake Convoy sellers and get at least two listings pulled every week, so even when buying at FastTech I know I help Simon.
Heheh keeping track 347 listings where C8s were advertised as Convoys pulled because of me messaging the vendors, it takes some time but feels very nice to do for the guy that made me experience the first super nice flashlight of my life! )

Best value for unprotected 26650 right now are the liitokala from Gearbest at about $5 each. They have been tested by several members and outperformed other high drain cells in modded 26650 light and the L6.

As for protected I can’t help, haven’t used a protected cell in years.

Where you buy is up to you of course but I’ve honestly had better overall experiences buying directly from Simon vs. the other retailers.
Simon does includes free e-packet shipping for all Convoy flashlights. Simon can’t ship batteries to the US at this time but the KP 5200 is probably about the best cell for this light just make sure you’re getting the newer (shorter) version that come in under 70mm.

M4D M4X has a code which brings it below $50. M4D M4X deals - Astrolux WP1 and WP2 LEP

Good luck finding it …
If you do, please post the link in this thread.

For me it’s the biggest negative about the L6 :
No protected 5000+ mAh available (with international shipping) (and that doesn’t rime with fire)

It would be so much better with 4*18650 in 2s2p configuration (not a soda can) … one day maybe …

Simon makes very little money, if any, when purchased through vendors. The purpose of the vendors is to move the inventory and keep capital flowing. With manufacturing it is not "send me a couple of these or that". Rather you must buy by the thousand to achieve a price.

Knowing that Simon is the actual owner, and having spoken with him many times, I would much rather pay the difference directly to Simon to make things worthwhile for him to bring new items to market. I guess I may be different than most because price in never my first consideration. Service and quality come first and Simon more than does that.

$20 difference is not much in today's day and age and that alone make it worth purchasing am L6 at Simon's store