Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Mine just shipped. I like it already and don’t even have it yet! Both

thanks Thijsco
Yeah a 26650 purse, how manly can it get :smiley:

Correction… it’s a two 26650 purse. :wink:
It is pretty beefy looking too so I suppose we could call it a man-bag. :smiley:

What's everyone using for batteries with the Convoy L6?

I'd like to get some quality PROTECTED 26650's under 69mm-

Currently using 4000mAh unprotected KingKong's-

I've been around long enough to be cautious of any battery ending in 'fire', but I've read some good things and so far nothing negative about the "Thorfire 5000"-

Any recommendations for PROTECTED 26650's under 69mm or just the Thorfire's?

And the Thorfire's specs are 65mm for a protected 26650, is that a typo or is it accurate?

I don’t know the length of the thorfire but I do have them in my l6 right now. They charge up to around 5100 mah. They handle turbo just fine. I use them and unprotected evva 5200. And sometimes I use spacers and use mj1, 30q, hg2 to save weight. If I don’t need extended turbo time

Thorfire 5000 spec at 65.32 to 65.85 so yes they are “65mm”

Thanks, but still wondering if there’s a better known brand (protected) that people have found that fits-

I just scored one of these awesome lights!! Almost dark :heart_eyes:

Has anyone started a group buy for this yet?? If not I may have to… SOOOOOOO Awesome.

EDIT: Does anyone else have a problem with the lanyard ring? Mine has threads, but does not thread on to anything. It will slip on over the tail, but then the cap wont make contact with the body. Not that I will ever use the ring, but it seems to be a small bug anyway.

I just scored one of these awesome lights!! Almost dark :heart_eyes:

Has anyone started a group buy for this yet?? If not I may have to… SOOOOOOO Awesome.

EDIT: Does anyone else have a problem with the lanyard ring? Mine has threads, but does not thread on to anything. It will slip on over the tail, but then the cap wont make contact with the body. Not that I will ever use the ring, but it seems to be a small bug anyway.
[/quote]

Take the cover off maybe? Bobby MK pic!

Yep, it comes stock with two rings, the smooth one (installed from factory) and the “tactical” one with the lanyard holes. Just unscrew the smooth one and thread on the lanyard one. It screws on both ways, but I found it fits a bit better with the flat side towards the tail cap. YMMV… :beer:

Another victim of the superb machining of that threaded ring. :slight_smile:

Woot. That was it… Thanks gang.

Is anyone heading up a GB for this light yet??

If not vesture might be down… :sunglasses:

The only other ones that have been mentioned are the keeppower 26650 5200 mah that come in at 69mm I believe bangood has them. They loom similar to the other 5000+mah base cells. Its rewrap just like every other 26650. I believe a majority of the 5000+ mah ones come from the same manufacturer just different wraps. That being said I give my word on this, I put it on the Marine Core, If you arnt completely satisfied with the thorfire batteries in your l6. I’ll buy them off you and pay shipping cost. I have 100% confidence in them. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if evva, thorfire, keeppower and awt, efest 5000mah is all the same base cell. That’s just my opinion. Its not like major manufacturers are selling 26650, some body makes them but its not all these different companies. Probably just a couple that sell in bulk to all the different rewraps most of the flat tops are the same lengths and the button tops are the same as well mostly for all the rewraps not much variance at all like you see with all the 18650. But take a chance you have nothing to lose. I’ll gladly take the batteries if they don’t perform to your standard. Its good to ve cautious of fire names but these are golden about to purchase another set of them soon for another 26650 light

Evil eye :smiling_imp:

Wauw those are some great pics I can’t remember seeing the how the dies are placed this clear.

Wow for sure. Great pics!

Made an agreement with myself
L6 NW, want one (could use a floody throwy powerhouse on the second floor to oversee the mill streams, veggie island, driveway and road leading to the house AMD the S70 is in use to inspect the back garden, chickens and field next to us. Took me a while to find a reason lol)

But I wanted to put some sort of brake on it so only buy it for $50 or less. (Figured this would take a while with the gearbest action gone and Simon asking $70)
Enter FastTech with the FREEDOM coupon valid today.
So got one on order.

Anyway know how to remove the L6 sideswitch?

Side switch has a threaded retaining ring, use a silicone or rubber sheet to grip it and loosen with a left turn. There’s a pcb with a metal momentary switch inside the bay.

A threaded retaining ring on the ouside of the light?

I gotta’ look again, thanks DB-