Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

But…KP 5200 Protected, where to buy in US or shipped to US?

AL1 - I am pretty sure that Illumn.com has them. Send CalvinIS a pm and he will tell you if those are the correct ones.

Thanks bugsy36-

Simon sent me a spare retaining ring after sending him a picture of how badly chewed up the one on my L6 was. :smiley: Received them today!

I asked last week, he has the long ones that do not fit.

Thanks!

Opinions requested…

Is the L6 the best lumens bang for the buck?

IMHO yes, until the BLF Q8 becomes reality! :smiley:
K.

Argh now this waiting.

I have the lanyard ready to change it into a 26650 purse :wink:
Can’t wait to check this thing out!

Here was thinking being done for a while and only gtting some modding stuff and Q8 related items.
Sigh, now waiting for the Jax Z1 and this L6….
Tracking shows the Z1 but I don have a number for the L6 et. Man I need to step into order and forget mode! But that is rally hard these orders :wink:

I paid the $58 to Simon direct and got the N4 2A LED I preferred (FastTech doesn't offer it). My L6 arrived, actually delivered today so should see it later. Mine was ordered June 20th but I knew he didn't have them in stock at the time. Somewhere, somehow there was a delay, and the China "Acceptance" in tracking only happened on July 1st, but once it got in the shipping stream, it went fast, 1st to the 7th - not bad at all.

I'm thinking this L6 will be from a new batch since it wasn't in stock, but don't think there's any changes.

Maybe I don't get it, or maybe I'm not looking enough and don't see it:

But has anybody found a quality 69mm(L) or less >4000mAh-5200mAh 26650 Protected Battery that is actually in stock and available to purchase in the US?

I appreciate the many suggestions for 'Thorfire' Batteries, but I would rather stay away from any battery with the word 'fire' in it.

Years ago I bought #2 'Trustfire 18650' Batteries from 'Manafont' (wow, that was a long time ago, does anyone remember Manafont?', they were vouched for as authentic....I measured them recently with my OPUS 3100/2.2 and they came-in under their labeled mAh 's, but were the same as HKJ's review...anyway, I never use them....

Thanks!

Yes I got your misunderstanding.
Thorfire actually makes good stuff, their cells are confirmed good.
It has been said many times (and probably will be said many times in the future), the fire in Thorfire places it in the wrong place for people not knowing them.

I’ve known of Thorfire Flashlights for years, but I don’t recall ever reading anything about Thorfire Batteries until the recent posts about the Thorfire 26650’s…and I’m on BLF regularly-

I appreciate the recommendations and votes-of-confidence, but I’ll wait to see if they stand the test of time, until then, the jury is still out-

Does anyone have a tip about how to tighten the side button retaining ring without scratching it?

I just tried using needle nose pliers, and they already scratched the ring. I feel if I try any harder, it’ll start to really take material off since it’s so hard to get a good grip onto the notches.

I haven’t read through the whole 50+ pages so forgive me if someone has confirmed this, but I couldn’t find a solid answer as to whether the driver has low voltage protection.

I can confirm mine starts blinking at low brightness when I hit 5.7V on my power supply.

So I’m happy with my unprotected 26650 cells. Big thanks to J-Dub74 and Simon, this is a great light!

Yes, the L6 has LVP.

Annoying isn’t it?
I now use a mouse pad (the side that keeps them from sliding)
It has a lot of grip so won’t damage button holding rings and also works great on bezels.

I use external snap ring pliers something like this :

They are great because the more pressure you apply, the more the tips of the pliers move outwards.

Don’t know if it makes any sense, english isn’t my first language :frowning:

yeah it makes sense, just by looking at the pleiers.
But those dimples in these bezel and switch rings are just too small and shallow so i kept on scratching them, even whan using a plier like this, the mouse pad is literally in finger reach :wink:

That’s exactly what to use. Straight ones or curved ones per your preference. They’re sold as snap-ring pliers or circlip pliers. That’s what Simon uses. :+1:

Edit:
As the Miller was saying some snap ring pliers are too big to fit in many retaining rings and little dimples like in the side switch. If you look around you can find different sizes. On the standard ones you’ll find at places like Harbor Freight the tips are too large. I’ve been meaning to order a better set for myself. I’m going to look around Amazon. If I find a nice cheap set I’ll let you all know.
Edit #2
Keep in mind the curved ones will not work well for retaining rings inside a light. The straight kind work much better in that scenario. These look like they might work well for $7. If some has a known good set please post a link.