Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Might I please ask where they might become available, and how we might be able to assure that they are the short version before purchase?

There are other batteries protected and not that work.

+1
THESE work great…….

Those batteries shown would not work by themselves; they would need user intervention to have them work.

My M6 on batteries.

Efest Purple 4200mAh 26650 and Shockli 26650 IMR 4200mAh have worked for me.

If you will only except ‘protected’ Fenix has a 4800mAh protected that will fit perfectly, but at a step price.

Actually some of the LiitoKala 26650’s work just fine in series without any “user intervention”, ask ’bella-headlight’.
‘bella-headlight’ said it HERE

• If yours don’t you can do this little trick that Speed4goal outlined in post #39.
  • Or, you can use a Battery Series Connector like I did before ‘Speed4goal’ shared his “solution” for the LiitoKala’s.
  • Then of course there is always the old “magnet trick” used by some. (which I personally do not like)

But you are correct ‘sidecross’… even though the LiitoKala 26650’s are a fantastic battery at an unbelievable low price, if the user is not willing to compromise on the two points below; they are not for them.

• If one feels they need or want a ‘protected battery’.
  • If one is not willing to do one of the “user interventions” mentioned above.

Otherwise, the LiitoKala’s (at about $5.00 US) are a real bargain in my book.

Indeed I have 6 Liitokala 26650 cells bought as 3 separate purchases from 2 different suppliers (I like them so much I have 4 more on the way) & they all make contact in series in both my S70 & Jaxman Z1 with no intervention from me.
As I have posted previously I am surprised that they do as they are true flat tops & I did expect to have to add magnets but haven”t needed to.
It will be interesting to see if the 4 I have on the way will also make contact in series without intervention from myself.
I personally cannot see the need for protected cells in lights that have low voltage warning & cut off & that are removed for charging myself.

My Liitokala batteries arrived yesterday and they do not work without some kind of intervention; also I did not like the lose fit of these batteries in the L6.

The best fit, for me, needs a battery of 67mm up 69.8mm.

Edit: These are good economical batteries and I plan on using them on my single cell 26650 flashlights,

Hmmmmm….mine fit snugly in diameter and no looseness front to rear at all.

Well, I started to say none of my LiitoKala’s worked in series either, but it seems I just now found a pair of mine that do.
I left out the Series Connector and loaded the batteries in my L6 to check for any looseness of fit.
Lo & behold this combination of LiitoKala’s worked in series!!! :+1:

As for “looseness”, I can detect none at all in my L6 loaded with LiitoKala’s. They are a perfect fit in my L6… both length & diameter.
I can shake the crap out of the light and the batteries are held solid.

So, I guess the moral to this story is don’t let the negative report of ‘sidecross’ on the LiitoKala & L6 persuade you not to try them.
Nor should you take the positive report of ‘teacher’ (me) on the LiitoKala & L6 as a guarantee they will work for you in the L6.

Try them for yourself, if they work for you they are excellent batteries at an even greater price!!! :+1:

+1
Mine do also. :+1:

I am writing about vertical and not horizontal looseness.

26650 batteries can be from 65mm to 71.1mm, and this is a problem for designing a two battery vertical design flashlight.

For my use I like to use batteries that fit snug without undue spring tension. This is my outlook and not dogma or ‘truth’. :slight_smile:

The Shocklii 4200Mah batteries I use are 67.5mm and are about as short of a battery I like to use; even the Efest 4200mAh at 66mm is too ‘sloppy’ for my use or liking.

To clarify, there is no sloppiness in fit horizontally or vertically with LiitoKala 26650 batteries in my copy of the L6

When using the Efest 4200mAh batteries (66mm) I found that moderate vertical or horizontal movement could be felt in the battery tube. The weight of a 26650 battery is more substantial than 18650 and two 26650 batteries is more mass than I like if not secured.

Again this my POV and not dogma or truth. :slight_smile:

We do not share the same definition of ‘sloppy’. :slight_smile:

LOL…ok, I agree. :beer:

What would your definition be ‘sidecross’? :slight_smile:

As I wrote above when using two Efest 4200mAh batteries at 66.0mm in length I felt the battery springs both for and aft were not designed for this length of battery but for a list of batteries from 66.0mm to 70.1mm.

Compromise is the end result of the L6 fitting batteries of this size of variance.

I like my batteries fitting in a well designed way; the L6 due to non standards of battery length 0f 26650 batteries had a difficult problem to solve.

For me I solved the problem, to my liking, by choosing batteries that fit best for me.

Let me clarify also and then I will bow out of this “discussion” on LiitoKala 26650 battery fit in the Convoy L6… :person_facepalming: … :smiley:

First, my definition of “loose” is the batteries rattle around in the battery tube.

I detect absolutely zero “looseness”, therefore in my L6 the LiitoKala’s are not loose at all. They fit perfectly……

I can detect no movement of the LiitoKala 26650 batteries vertically or horizontally nor any movement in the North, South, East, or West direction in my Convoy L6.

In the same line of thinking my definition of “sloppy” would include the word loose as well as “not suited for”.

I detect no “sloppiness” at all of the LiitoKala’s in my L6. Therefore, in my L6; they are not a sloppy fit at all. They are again, a perfect fit.

My LiitoKala’s are 65.8 mm long. (verticle) (North <> South)
They are 27.0 mm wide. (horizontal) (East <> West)

Now if you are a person who requires certain dimensions of batteries to fit your personal preferences…… good luck to you. :wink:

Oh yeah, the above is not personal preference. It can be written in stone concerning the fit of these batteries “in my two L6’s”. :wink: