Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

‘Hot Brass’, I just put two of THESE in one of my L6’s. They are about 71.5mm each, they fit with room to spare.
The springs compress and the tailcap screws down easily in my L6.
End of story.
Hope this helps………. :slight_smile:

Yeah…they are long! I guess I need to ‘wait and see’ when they come. Thanks everyone for commenting! HB

I have the Fenix 4800mAh batteries and they fit very well, and mine are near 69.5mm and under 70mm.

JDub…+1 on that pbf

And Kawi? The “X6” is an Eagle Eye X6 that takes a single 18650. Jax came along much later and made a 2*26650 larger light and for some reason called it the X6 Hunter. Radically different lights. If describing the Jax product and leaving off the word Hunter the mental image of the light is a very very different picture. Kronological held a VERY successful group buy here on the Eagle Eye X6, well over 1200 lights sold, as such, it’s a well known light here and IS the original X6 pure and simple. I’m absolutely positive no parts from the X6 will fit the Convoy L6 or the L2 either for that matter. (As far as that goes, my Jax X6 Hunter does not share this legoability with Convoy that your lights seem to.)

Just saying. All this Jax talk and pictures in the Convoy L6 thread create confusion. Even the panda is lost…

I do have an X6 Hunter. I also have about 15 Eagle Eye X6’s (and have built close to 50). I will buy more Eagle Eye X6’s, heretofore to be referred to as simply “X6” but I will not be buying more of the Jax produced X6 Hunter. This is only based on the easy modability of the X6, while the X6 Hunter is much more expensive and not as well received in general.

I now return you to the regularly scheduled program already in progress…

Exactly J-Dub!!!
That is what KB’s photos do to me too……… :smiley: … :+1:

Let’s hear it for KB!!! :beer: :beer: :crown: :beer: :beer:

That’s good to know. Thanks,HB

In stock, usually dispatched in 1 business day.
ordered from banggood and my order list says backorder. How it could be on stock and backorder at the same time?

There seems to be many questions about battery length and the Convoy L6. So to anyone interested……

I just measured my L6 as to what the total overall battery length “can be” and the tail cap still be screwed down to operational state without unduly forcing it.

That length is 144.5mm

It was measured with:
2 … 70mm batteries …………… (140mm).
1 … Jaxman Spacer ……………… (2mm).
2 … 1.25mm copper ‘slugs’………. (2.5mm).

Now this does not take into account anyone’s personal preferences, mine included.
But this light can be operated with a combined length of batteries up to 144.5mm.

Divided by 2, that would mean an individual max battery length of 72.25mm.

It is what it is………
:wink:

Interesting.
Can you compare them vs 30Q or some other high drain 18650 cells in the same setup?

Just to change the subject a little…… nylon holster for Convoy L6.This one here: http://www.banggood.com/MAXTOCH-Nylon-Flexible-Size-Flashlight-Holster-Bag-p-943627.html seems to fit but a little small for a L6,according to one owner,but not sure if the tactical ring will fit through the bottom hole?
I like the idea of the nylon loop or ring on the rear of the holster so to hang off a hook.
Any links to a holster that would fit a Convoy L6 with the tactical ring installed?..,would like to have a nylon loop or some kind of ring attached like on the K70 holster. Thanks,HB

Do you think these older Keeppower 5200 will fit in the L6?

Dimensions:
71.10mm (L) x 26.40 mm (D)

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-chargers-and-powerpax-carriers/batteries/26650-keeppower-5200mah-protected-high-discharge-flat-top.html

Any news on the smo reflector ?
Can’t wait :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry for asking again …

Unless your L6 is made different than mine, they will fit with room to spare.
Both springs, positive & negative; will be well compressed… but yes: they will fit just fine.
The tailcap will screw right on down easily also.
:slight_smile:

No.

I have two and they fit my Fenix PD40 very well.

Teacher is saying yes the Keeppower 71.10mm (L) x 26.40 mm (D) fit the L6 and Sidecross is saying no. :question:

I decided not to use the keeppower (71.1mm) because on my L6 light the spring compression was unacceptable.

The weakest part of the Convoy L6 is that it depends on some battery standards of which their are few. Any battery that is over 70mm should be marked 26700 and NOT 26650.

From my experience using a battery at 69.5mm is the limit for me on my L6. :slight_smile:

No, ‘Sidecross’ is now saying…. “I decided not to use the keeppower (71.1mm) because on my L6 light the spring compression was unacceptable”.
In other words, because of his personal reasons he is not using batteries that are 71.1mm in length.

That has nothing at all to do with the answer to the question, “Will they fit”?

Sure they will fit, it is simple math that tell us that. (read above and look at the pictures below)
Math is universal and does not rely on individual preferences or opinions. It is what it is.

Ask ten different people what “spring tension is acceptable” to them and most likely you will get eleven different answers. :wink:
Personally the spring tension with two 71.5mm batteries in my L6 is just fine.
That is my individual opinion on spring tension though and has nothing to do with “fact”.

Math however, as well as hands on observation; tells me that if two batteries with a length of 72.25mm each will work just fine in my L6 and the tailcap can still be easily screwed closed with said batteries also…. then two batteries of 71.10mm length each will work with no problem.
That is not a preference or an opinion……. it is simple, incontestable…. FACT.

Personally, I think all to often on many forums; this one included…. personal preference and individual opinions are presented as fact when in deed they are not.
This behavior leads to nothing but confusion and the whole issue, whatever it may be; becomes convoluted. :person_facepalming:

This is what your L6 will look like with two 71.5 mm batteries in it without tailcap.

This is what your L6 will look like when the tailcap is screwed on.

These are the batteries I am referring to in this post & pictures. Notice the length… 71.5mm

And like I said above, combined length of the two batteries “can be” conservatively up to 144.5mm

So I don’t know what else to say…. physically they will “fit”.
Whether or not they “fit” a persons individual opinions, preferences, beliefs, or idiosyncrasies is a completely different story. :slight_smile:

This is not aimed at anyone either. I just think we should all be careful not to present individual reasons as fact. :+1:

:slight_smile:

Thanks Teacher. :+1:

I got that same holster for my S70, which is a very similar size to the L6, & although the light will fit in the holster, the flap will nowhere near close as the head is to big.
If I remember correctly others have reported the same problem with that holster & the L6.
Here is the link to the L6 holster thread Holster for L6?
The Acebeam K70 holster will fit the L6 but it is expensive at over half the price of an L6 itself.