Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Sure,Mr Miyagi…

Yes sir, I know all about sweet smell of the salty sea air, and the corrosive problems it can cause, and the work it takes to keep up on it. No salty air here in Michigan just salty roads. I used to bring my bikes down there to race, some to show, industrial types of bikes, mostly billet aluminum, with a bit of billet titanium, with just the right amount of chromoly and a healthy amount of horsepower. Regardless I have a thing for Billet Alloy’s something primal about it, and I’m all about it! :+1:

L6 w L2 Ring Tube not tooo bad! :+1:

L6 Ring Tube X6 Tail Cap and Lil Bro L2 :slight_smile:

I Like this set up the best, maybe? Ring tube needs to be fully polished, then we’ll see? The X6 cap matches the L2 Ring tube pretty good huh?

L6 pulls just over 12amps on 2 Basen 26650’s (12amp current set LD-2 Linear Driver) and 8amps with the 26350’s, for about 10 sec. then slowly steadily drops. Still looks really bright though! :sunglasses: BUT I had to use 2 of the 2mmx26.5mmx31mm Copper Sealing Rings, using one crush washer at the head felt a bit too tight for my liking! :frowning: But it worked and didn’t dent the top of the batteries. Front o-ring is covered at the head of the light, rear show’s a gap at the cap, just touching the o-ring, could shave down a half mill off the crush washer and throw a thin o-ring to cover whats open. Might get away with the brass or copper post on the driver and spring on the tail cap. But from my experiences, it’s easy to break the contact from the brass post and loose connection from a drop or a sharp jarr unless you have a very heavy spring in the back. I’ll stick with the crush washers! :wink:

That all for now folks…………………………………………………………………… :beer:

Wait a minute almost forgot this one, Jax X6 head S70 bezel (Thanks PilotDog) and the L6 tube :smiley: Guess I’ll have to bead blast and polish one of these X6 heads now! :person_facepalming:

Sorry if this has been asked before but would Soshine 5500 mah be able to get the most out of this light? They’re so much cheaper than the Keeppower 5200 mah.

Liitokala 26650s look like both being cheaper and offering better performance.

Yes I saw them also. But will they work without spacers? I think I’ve read that they don’t.

Quick answer, some do …… some don’t.
Personally, I have 4 of 12 that do without any intervention.
Hope this helps.
:slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh yeah…… either way, as far as I am concerned; the LiitoKala 26650 is the best deal out there. From price to performance……. :+1:
YMMV………

Thanks for the info! Sounds like trying to find Liitokalas that works is going to be very expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

Not at all, they all “work” ………
Whether it be with or without simple “intervention”. :wink:
It is pretty simple to drop in one of THESE or make a simple solder blob, or do any of the other “fixes”.

Edit to add word…. simple

It’s neither hard nor expensive to make them work.

BG changed delivery date of L6s from 22/09 to 11/10.
Anyone knows why?

Haha :wink: But I’d rather not mess with batteries that way. I’m a bit on the cautious side. Then again the thing you linked feels that it would be safe to use.

Good luck………… :money_mouth_face:

I personally would appreciate a flip-cap diffuser a lot. Always loved and used it a lot on my Thrunite Catapult V3. Anyone else?

I’m getting 11.7 Amperes and about 5300 Lumens with Liitokalas and FET+1 (N4 bin).
With Keeppower 5200 protected 8.6 Amperes and about 4600 Lumens.

Hi:
I have read that the maximum battery length would be 69.5mm for this light,so just wondering if anyone has actually measured with a vernier caliper to see what the ‘actual’ maximum length would be.I have a pair of Fenix 26650’s 4800 mAh coming,plus the L6 and Fenix says these batts are 70.5mm long….will I have trouble screwing on the tail cap with these 70.5mm long batteries? Thanks,Hot Brass

The Keeppowers with 69.5 mm are a tight fit, I guess a total of 2 more mm are to much.

Nope, you will have no trouble whatsoever… they will fit just fine. I just checked it.
In fact you’d have no trouble with some a bit longer either.
Hope this helps.
:slight_smile:

The springs on both ends are bypassed, meaning there is wire soldered on them. Is it possible that depending on the size and shape of the solder blob and the orientation of the wire so to speak that the effective allowable battery length is influenced?