Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Yes, it will be a very noticeably difference. 3-4 times the candela.

wut? Really?? That would be a nice mod. Do you have any more info on that - example #'s, posts, etc.

I got a few extra XHP50 K2 bin, E2 tint from Cutter.

Yes, without a doubt. Only reason to use an OP is to get rid of it, otherwise there's no reason to use an OP with it losing some throw. Of course it could be argued how bad is it, and if it's tolerable, etc.

Vestureofblood aka Matt of Adventure Sport Flashlights did a video showing his L6 with the SMO reflector plus other mods to double the Lux from 75k to 164k. Just swapping the reflector did create a darker center, but slicing the dome off the emmiter seems to have cured that. You can see beam shots at 3:55.

So, all clear versions are currently shipping with the transparent switch boots? Or, do we know which vendor is shipping the latest version?

Are the clear-ano versions with transparent switch boots all LED-backlit, or is that to come in a future version?

Other than the one still photograph comparison in AdventureSportFlashlights’ aforementioned youtube video, are there any actual video beamshot comparisons of the Smooth vs Orange Peel reflectors? I’ve seen several photos of the reflector itself, but it’s the beam profile that matters, right?

Is tint shift from “dome shaving” comparable to solvent/heat de-doming? In other words, is the cool version recommended if buyer plans on dome shaving? I see AdventureSportFlashlights tint turned into kind of a sickly green or yellow-green, like on my factory-dedomed Maxtoch 2X.

Are there “stupid simple” ways of adjusting the reflector, such as taping bits of folded paper beneath the reflector? (I’m thinking now maybe that’s another reason they used Orange Peel reflectors: less need for precision focus.)

(Sorry if any of this is a repeat. I lost track of this thread.)

And the L6 host is available in black.
I hope there will be a clear version and with the option of short tube and SMO reflector. :innocent:

I have done some experimenting with the Convoy L6 SMO reflector, this image is a straight swap form OP to SMO :

Click for full size

How far from the wall is that?

Could you do another picture with the OP under the same conditions? Maybe a bit further back or better yet, an outdoor shot side by side so we can compare the hotspot sizes and brightness of spill?

Does the spill intensity noticably drop with the SMO reflector?

Who has the best deal on a clear L6?

You guys can check out youtube here for comparison beam shot of SMO vs OP reflector.
Credit : David Sunshine

Dunno for sure, but think it's BangGood w/discount code - 0b41cf, if still good - $47.56 for the cheaper N4 1C.

brjones - the clear Ano L6 I got from BangGood had the complete goody bag - transparent switch covers (both tail and side), heavy duty backup switch, O-rings, lanyard. The side switch PCB has pads for wiring up 2 LED's but are not populated.

+1

Ok if you’ve been reading the last several posts you already know this but just in case I copied my update from the OP:

Modders rejoice!
The L6 is now available as a host. The smooth reflector is also available in the Convoy store.
The L6 host can be purchased HERE.
The L6 smooth reflector can be purchased HERE

NOTE: There are a limited amount of smooth reflectors available. At this time I believe we’re already down to less than 30 so if you want one, now is the time. If sales go well and the demand is there more will be made.

The faster they sell out the more likely a second run will be so buy them up people! :+1:

One thing I didn’t add in the OP is that I’ve asked Simon to make more centering rings for the hosts. I asked for XHP-50, XHP35 and XP sized emitters.

I think it may be time for me to create a separate thread for the L6 host and modding. Might make it a combo L2/L6 host and modding thread since they’re bothers and have some interchangeable parts. What say you BLF? Opinions welcome!

Noticed that did ya? :money_mouth_face:

By all means Tom please add LED support. :student:

I’m a fan of both TA’s work and your work. :+1: Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Just FYI, the XHP35 and XP LED’s are the same size and would use the same centering rings. The XHP50 is also the same size as the XM LED.

Heads up, looks like the side switch itself is not included

Right, the side switch on a 10mm board and a driver are necessary. Richard has those switches already mounted.

Ahh, yes - I ordered a few of those switches from Richard. If they are these: http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_83&product_id=430, there's no pads for LED's though.

I like the idea of mod thread of L6 and L2. I really want a host in short clear with SMO reflector and the switch board added but no driver. To my country the shipping is too much from Richard so I need to get the switch from other source.

Ha! I knew it wouldn’t take long for that to be pointed out. :stuck_out_tongue:
I sent Simon a message about that first thing this morning. I want him to have it at least as an option for a dollar or two if not just included with the host kit.
I also asked him to include the “goody bag” he’s been including with the complete L6. :+1:
Just waiting for his response. He may not have those side switches separately. They may all be soldered to the L6 driver but I’m looking into it. Stay tuned.

Yeah. I knew that… I mean who doesn’t know that? :blush:
Thanks TA! :+1: I needed a reason to revisit the Cree data sheets anyway.