Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Cells @ 4.21V : 7.51 amps // After 30seconds : 7.20 amps (At that point cells where at 4.17V)

Cool! :slight_smile:

More than I thought, but voltage sag and heat takes a hit so it backs off pretty quickly, run time will taper out as the voltage falls and current drops so it’ll gradually dim, shouldn’t let you down as you’ll see that it’s failing long before it just up and shuts off. I like em that way, if you actually set out to make the light shut down you’ll find it takes a surprisingly long time!

I received my first L6 today Very nice looking flashlight I must say! Before I joined this forum, I ordered this one from gearbest, the 5000K tint, but this sure isn't 5000k. Very very yellowish and it is for sure around 3000k as I have many leds in that tint. Is it possible to order the 5000k led chip and driver all in one somewhere so that I can just quickly replace it without soldering anything? I don't want to bother sending the light back really as I was charged for customs clearance and shipping and can't be bothered with that again. I ordered a silver L6 a few days later from banggood with 5000k and no hidden shipping charges and all that.

Nope, sorry. You will have to unsolder the 2 wires on the led. You can buy a new led from Convoy for $12 I believe.

Thanks Jason. I can unsolder those two wires I'm pretty sure so I will order the led from Convoy then.

Oops, it looks like $13 for the 1C and $14 for the 3A emitters.

My light is an 1A from the first batch that put the name on the light and it looks pretty neutral to my eyes, no blue seen, but a bit of yellow around the coma. The hotspot looks pure white.

Maybe these xhp70’s run a bit warmer than their Cree binning indicates?

I know when the L6 came out Simon had 4 or 5 different color temps. Are you thinking Banggood sold you a warmer temp by mistake? What if you buy a 3A 5000K and it looks the same as what you have right now?

Well i guess you gotta learn something new now and then… Today i learned that you do NOT try to clean a reflector with a cloth…
Micro scratches everywhere.

I guess they dont hurt the beam that much but my ocd is killing me…

The question now is if there is anyone that have bought the smo reflector want to sell the op reflector because Simon dont have any spares.

Does Simon thinked about to put out a thrower version of L6?
SMO reflector, XPL-HI led, single 26650 battery with short tube, Fet driver? With that host it can easily handle the heat of a fet driven XPL. Even my L2 only get warm after 5 minutes.
I think people will be interested in it. :innocent:

That’s the same as the L2. You can bump up the driver in an L2 and have the same thing. Why use an L6 host?

Because the bigger reflector gives a significant plus in throw.
I have an L2 with fet driver so I know what it can do. :wink:

The L6 is bigger, can take more heat, and the larger reflector will give more throw.

I have an OP L6 reflector that I’m not using, but to ship it to Sweden?

I have a l6 on order with a smooth reflector, so I maybe have an extra op reflector that I won’t use.
Only problem is that I don’t know when I’ll get it…

I’ve thought plenty about and talked it over with Simon. It’s definitely a possibility. This time leading into the holidays is the busiest time of year for Convoy so right now it’s all he can do to keep up with orders. We’re still working on a few things in the background but progress will be slow until after the holiday rush.

Great news! :+1:

The L6 I got yesterday was from Gearbest and it looks like I got a warmer tint by mistake or that is all they had maybe, even though I asked for 5000k. My Banggood one has not arrived yet, so I could hold off until that one comes to compare. I was running my L6 on 18650 batteries just to test it as my 26650 ones have not arrive yet either. I don't know, but maybe it will make a difference with the bigger batteries. If nothing else, it's still a great flashlight. If my banggood L6 has the same tint, then I will just order one 6000k led and will be very happy having two tints.

I got my L6 few days ago, came on the same day as the smo reflector.
So I didn’t even test the op, noticed that there is a pattern on the hotspot that reminds a cloverleaf…
Then I saw that the led is just a little off center, that may the reason for the clover…
Other then that, I’m pretty happy with the light.

That clover is a result of how the led is designed, if you look at it you see the cross pattern on it.
The op reflector makes the cross pattern less visible but it is still there if you put the light close to something.

Also i have to ask, are you gonna use that op reflector? :smiley:

Well that was fast…
I have to test it first, before I can let it go.

My girlfriend says that aswell…

Ofc! i was just asking :slight_smile:

LOL, you guys!