Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

I just purchased 100 of the L6 springs a few weeks ago, so he has them if needed. Apparently he is not using these on the S2+ as well.

Using the correct Keeppowers from the link posted at the beginning of this thread from Banggood. It just seems that the springs are real pointy and scratch the backing of the keeppowers a little. It's probably normal maybe and nothing now that I look at it again.

I finally gave in and ordered an L6. Everyone keeps talking about how great it is. I could not resist any longer. Not only that I have a matched pair of 26650’s with no assigned flashlight, so I kind of had no choice!! :wink:

You’ll be glad you did. One of the 2016 lights of the Year for sure. :+1:

It’s funny, I waited this long to order one, now I can hardly wait the couple weeks for it to arrive. :smiley:

Does anyone know if a diffuser is forthcoming for the Convoy L6 (or if any suitable 3rd party diffuser is suitable for this light)?
Thanks.

It’s not normal as far as I know. I have 2 of them and neither of them do that with any of the cells I’ve used. Could be a solder point that needs filing down or a spring with the end of the coil tweaked? A picture or two would help and if you have a set of calipers, could you measure your cells? There is little visible difference in the old cells and the new other than a millimeter or two. I’d like to think that all the cells sold through that link are the right ones but if not I want to know and I would contact them immediately if they were selling the old cells and do whatever I can to correct it. Feel free to send me a PM if you don’t want to put it all out here.

Without shorting the batteries, I aligned my digital caliper within a hair of making contact and the cells are just under 69mm so that looks perfect. Now, after inspecting the spring, you were absolutely correct in that the solder point needs to be filed down. Will go at it gently with my dremel and all is good again, thank  you. Of course, I should have inspected the spring with my glasses on before and it would have made sense, but I did not unfortunately :blush:

+1

thanks for publishing this post thanks a lot

I'm guessing below about how many hours with fully charged batteries the L6 will run before drained. Am I close?

Low = 30hrs

Med = 20hrs

High = 6hrs

Turbo = 1hr

I measured 1h 20m in turbo and a little over 4 hours in high using 5000mAh unprotected cells. LVP kicked in at the end of each test.

I was not too far off on my guess then for turbo and high, thank you. Cold around here now and turbo mode barely warms the head after leaving it on for 30 minutes.

I don’t know for sure, but i’m guessing low lasts quite a bit longer than that, as it draws much less current then medium.

adirondackdestroye, I was not wanting to try and leave my L6 on long enough to test med and low, that’s why I asked in case someone actually did :smiley:

With low being 50mA then with 5000mAh cells I would estimate run times of approx. 100 hours.

Hey all! The L6 smooth reflector is available once again. :+1:

Purchase it here:
L6 SMO reflector.

Ordered one! I didn’t miss it this time! :wink:

Thanks for the arrangement!

Will be more or this is the last run? I don’t want to miss it.

Does this batch still have the small imperfections like the first ones or are these closer to perfect?