Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

This one? https://www.aurorabulbs.com/products/philips-lumileds-g7-led-4000-lumens-headlight-conversion-kit?variant=10675313475

Just noticed one of my L6’s now has a flicker in high mode only, every second or so. Protected Keeppowers with fresh charge.

Anyone got clue about this. Fix?

Am I the only one to have this flicker symptom, on high.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Have you checked the driver and switch retaining rings ? They may be loose .

Possible defective protection circuit in one of your cells? Do you have another set of batteries you can try?

Thanks for the feedback, rings are snug but noticed this. Tested with a couple 18650’s and flicker is gone. Vaguely remember dropping a battery on kitchen floor, oops.

If you use the battery with the dent , first in the series , is there any flicker ?

Yes, I tried it both ways. Voltage is same on both. Can I test with one battery at a time, using jumper wires?

Gave away my other L6 w batteries for a Christmas gift, guess I’ll need to order more batteries anyway.

I can’t think something else right now , but i don’t think the dent causes this issue .

Maybe the batteries have some problem (because they are protected ?) ?

How long are your batteries, if it’s the long version of the Keeppower 26650 they could put a lot of pressure on the driver.

Nominal length are 70mm, based on head unit being left 2mm out from tight (spacer).

How long Convoy L6 can work on turbo mode with two 26350 batteries? 2000mAh/5000mAh= 24 minute or more/less?

Any news on the short tube?

FWIW I have damaged 18650 protection circuits by dropping them. I imagine a heavier 26650 could easily do the same.

Went for a walk along an unlit urban bike path a few nights ago using the L6. Everyone I passed stopped to ask what light I was using and where could they buy it from!

I ordered my L6 from the Convoy AliExpress store on 11/25 and still have not received it. The packet tracking number says it has not even left China yet. Is this typical for the AliExpress orders? If it is, I guess next time I will go through Banggood. I am getting so jealous over all the posts about people enjoying theirs. I am anxious to get mine!

Often the tracking shows nothing once the package has left China. Just be patient and it’ll probably arrive soon.

Even banggood would not ship faster then Simon, and in fact usually slower.

I ordered some lights about the same time as you (BLF-348’s) and they also still show they have not left china and have not showed up yet.

I will start worrying about it in another couple weeks. I find that around 1 months give or take a week is pretty normal shipping time.

Also keep in mind that the last month has been the bustiest shipping month of the year, I would have been surprised if it had shown up already honestly.

Thanks for the response, guys. It’s good to know that this is normal. I will do my best to wait patiently.