Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Interesting observation re the high-pitch driver noise mentioned somewhere previously… I traded around some lights, so I gave up my black L6, but ended up getting a new clear-anodized one. Just came in the mail today. First, it’s beautiful! Love the look. Also, I don’t remember who mentioned it, but I remember someone saying the clear felt “warmer” to the touch… I think I’d describe it as smoother, but I agree that it’s a little more comfortable to grab and carry. Still heavily textured and not slippery, of course, but somehow this finish is just a little more inviting.
But the reason for my post is that my original L6 had a noticeable whistle or high-pitched buzz when on “high” (mode 3 of 4). This went away when switched to Turbo (4 of 4). It was not very loud, but I could tell what mode it was on by the presence or absence of noise, especially when I held the light close to my head. But my newer, clear L6 is silent on all modes!
Curious how widespread the noise is/was, and whether it’s something that was fixed in more recent editions, or if it’s just a luck of the draw thing.

It could be that your black L6 had a loose retaining ring and the ground wasn’t solid, this is what can so often cause the high pitched whine. It’s actually a vibration through the components at a certain amperage that causes the whine, a poor ground can cause this frequency a lot of times. So maybe your new one is nice and snug, no problem. At any rate, nice to hear your new one is perfect. :smiley:

Love these lights, the style, the quality, just love em! :slight_smile:

Hello,

I already found out the reason.

Warehouse sent the wrong goods, pls contact us (guomengzhen@banggood.cn) directly, don’t forget to include order number,and product picture.

The battery is good, but it is not for the Convoy L6 flashlight.If possible,you can keep the wrong one, and then I will give a 50% OFF coupon code for you to buy the right one again. Beside, we already asked the warehouse to replace products.Please don’t worry!

Thank you for understanding!

Best Regards,
Swi

Interesting, and that makes sense! I don’t think it was the retaining ring specifically in my case, as I dissembled and re-assembled the head on a few different occasions, and I’m sure the ring was snugged down tightly. However, I can see other reasons this could happen: maybe there was a tiny metal bur somewhere that kept something from fitting tightly, something else that interfered with good grounding, or some other component that could vibrate a tiny bit. It didn’t seem to get worse over time, and it definitely wasn’t loud or obnoxious… In fact, it was so quiet and high-pitched that most guys I know over about 40-50 years old wouldn’t have heard it at all! :open_mouth:

Anyway, I’m completely satisfied with my new, quiet, clear version. :cool: :cool: :beer:

I got a response and apology from Banggood and I’m happy to see they posted here with a solution too. Sounds like a pretty good solution keeping the flat tops and getting the button tops half off as an apology if you got the wrong ones. :+1: Seems like they’re doing a pretty good job handling things.

Definitely - very impressive! I don’t have any of these incorrect batteries, but it reinforces my opinion that banggood is one of the better international retailers for these types of things! :sunglasses: :+1: :beer:

I have to agree. I got the run-around from them about a wrong product long ago but they seem to have really stepped up. Neal was good to work with before he left and now the new contact Swi seems to be doing well by us too. Dig it! :sunglasses:

Banggood has been really good to deal with. Yesterday they offered for me to keep the 4 flat top batteries and give me 4 more at 50% off, so how could I refuse!

Seems like a pretty fair deal, and gives you another reason to buy another new light to use the other 26650’s! :wink:

Yep, was thinking the same thing. Now, "where" to find flashlights that can take single, protected 26650 Keeppowers?

Oooh! Oooh! I know this one!

Convoy store on AliExpress!!! :smiley:

Hehe, I already told him about the L2. Single cell… more throw than L6. Does the L2 accept protected flat top Keeppower, anyone know?

L2 almost looks like an L6 and I have three haha. Still might go for it, just have to think it over.

The L2, short tube, XP-G2… it’s enough different to be totally cool and enough the same to be a little brother in the family line-up. You’ll find yourself debating which to grab, grabbing them both, and whistling as you head out into the night… :wink:

The L2 is great but I find the L6 to be a much more useful light for daily use. The L2 is more of a thrower and not so good up close. The L6 is good at everything, great at little. A true jack of all trades light.

I have stock L6 and moded 2 cell L2 with custom dedomed XPL and modified LD-29 driver giving around 1500 lumens and over 200k candela.
Personally I prefer L2. It is lighter, has more trow and has big corona and bright spill.
May be it is time to boost lumens of my L6.

Is there some type of warning if the L6 is getting low on battery power? Does if go to strobe or something like that?

Yep, a very slow strobe. You can kick it back into lower modes for emergency lighting if needed.

Good to know thanks unknown00101.

The best option in LED headlights are the Gen 7 Philips Lumiled Luxeon ZES units. They use 4 little 5w leds per side of each unit, so 40w per bulb. They also duplicate the stock beam pattern and have no fan to fail later on.