Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Yay! Happy that we’ll be able to order this before everything shuts down for Chinese New Year :slight_smile:

I believe it is supposed to be a bit longer to accept 2x26350’s and 26700 also, if I remember correctly? :+1:

You got it buddy. I don’t have one in my hands yet but should be 3mm longer than the old single cell tube and of course we incorporated the tactical/simple ring into the tube. Just too cool a feature not to be there. :sunglasses:

Dadgummit! Now I’m gonna have to get one of those!

How bout it…
Just received an order from Simon today, L6 SMO + misc. Oh well, good excuse to order more stuff.

I need to order son again :smiley:
An L6 SMO reflector, a Convoy M1, and S2 holster and a belt clip is on route to me. But this short tube is a must have. Then I will convert my L6 to a thrower. Maybe later buying a clear one to use as stock form but with short tube.

Can anyone please tell me if these batteries will work in the L6 if I used a magnet spacer to get over the fact they are flat tops?

http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_360840.html?wid=21

Also, where’s the best place price wise for the L6? I’ve found the black one at $51 which seems about as low at they go, but the clear is $59.

Many thanks!

Those will work if you solder blob the ends or you can use a magnet although not ideal.

I would order them from Banggood though, gearbest is just so so when it comes to reliability.

Thanks for the response. I actually already have the batteries, ordered from GB. I think I have some solder somewhere…I’m pretty new to this :slight_smile:

Solder blobbing them is about the easiest thing you can do.

Just make sure not to touch the plastic casing on the edge of the batter and thus melt it.

Also make sure the iron is fully heated as hot as it will go before starting and some good solder will vastly improve things.

Then just touch the tip to the top of the cell and add a bit of solder, leave the tip until the solder starts to stick, moving it around a bit to “rough up” the surface can help. Once it sticks, you are done. You don’t need much, a dab will do ya.

Then clean it with rubbing alcohol and you are done.

In looking for the solder, I just found the perfect magnet for this, though you said it’s not ideal?

It works but there is the small possibility that it can get knocked to the side and short on a scratched battery tube or if the plastic wrapper is damaged short out the battery itself.

It is a small chance and quite unlikely if you take care of things but still a chance. Many do it and it works just fine. I will do it sometimes if in a hurry or testing as well. I simply find solder blobs to be simpler long term.

A less creative option can be bought here.

The black NW version at FT with BLF coupon is a little under $49

That’s really helpful Rick, thank you kindly :slight_smile:

At fasttech, I notice the modes say Turbo > Hi > Mid > Lo > Strobe

All the reviews I’ve read say Lo > Mid > Hi > Turbo and double click for strobe, which I much prefer. Do you know if Fasttech really is different?

I ordered one for a friend and it has the correct mode setup: low to turbo + double tap for strobe.

Hi Daneel……I have several of the LiitoKala 26650 batteries & about half of them will work in series, without a spacer. However, there is no “rhyme or reason” to it that I can see. The top is just slightly higher on some of mine, thus allowing them to work just fine in series without a spacer.

Seems I remember BLF member ‘bella-headlight’ saying he had several also and most all of his worked in series without a spacer also…
So maybe you’ll be lucky and yours will too.

I got my first ones at GearBest back in the summer, 3 order spanning June, July, & August; free shipping too. All got here just fine, arriving in 15 to 21 days. Acceptable by my standards.

I ordered my last ones from BangGood back in November because the shipping at GearBest had skyrocketed at the time. Skyrocketed to the point that shipping cost was a bit more than the battery cost. :person_facepalming:

They got here just fine also, it did take 33 days however.

That said, delivery experiences most likely will differ from order to order & vendor to vendor…… BUT, so far these LiitoKala 26650 has been an excellent battery across the board.
You did good getting them…… :+1:
:slight_smile:

Thanks Rick.

Interesting teacher. Looking at the batteries, there seems to be a very slight protrusion rather than being completely flat, however when i pushed them together and used a volt meter, I got nothing. The magnet solved the problem.

Amen - Rick - …… :+1:
That is exactly what I use with the ones that will not work in series.

I know what you mean ‘Daneel’… that is what I meant by there seems to be no “rhyme or reason” (pattern) to it. :person_facepalming: … :smiley:

I just found out by accident when I forgot and left my spacer out one time. Then I checked the others and some worked, some didn’t. Sometimes even swapping front to back position will make a pair either work or not work. :wink:
Kinda crazy for sure and definitely nothing to count on.

For the life of me I do not understand what they do not use a standardized top that is slightly taller… then they would all work in series. I mean it would not take much, probably 1mm or less would do it.

Take care and enjoy your light and batteries……… :+1: