Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Would you like me to delete my posts about the SP70? Is that what you are saying?

No, don’t delete anything, but if someone is asking for something that Convoy doesn’t offer (here in the Convoy thread) you might just answer more simply instead of sending them to the competition, ya know? Deleting posts screws things up and has been known to get people tossed from the forum. Don’t do that.

What I AM saying is that Jared is a friend of mine and he started this (these) threads in an effort to help Simon do business and grow, which would benefit Us as well as Simon. If we help with that effort and concentrate on Convoy lights in the Convoy threads we may see amazing things. I can tell you right now, we’ve pushed Simon to grow and he’s seen what the competition is doing and doesn’t feel there is room for him. He reads these threads too ya know. And he’s very OCD about getting his lights as right as he possibly can.

What I Am also saying is that even IF Simon was developing a new, better, L6, he’d shelve it due to the S70. Too many of those being sold, not enough room left for his. That’s how HE see’s it.

I do jump around on so many threads I sometimes/usually forget the origin of a particular thread or its point for being. I forgot this was a thread aimed at helping Simon. I’m a fan of the L6. I’ve used mine daily at work for the last 2 years.

I already deleted my “competition” posts, but I think they are still there in other people’s qoutes. Sorry about that.

I’ve got an embarrassing number of Convoys, mostly S-series tubelights, but some C8s, L2s… no L6 yet, but I’ve been on the fence for a while.

Anyway, Convoys are solid lights, reasonably priced, may not be “cutting edge” as far as DTP, temp control, etc., but for the price, you can’t possibly go wrong. And for someone to throw in a few pills with my order for my just asking if I could buy some, he’s great to deal with at his AX shop.

And they’re infinitely moddable. :smiley:

It does have DTP mcpcb (iirc). The temperature control was left out on purpose. It can run continuously on turbo without damage, but it gets too hot to hold so it’s best to control the temperature manually.

We are working on all that, trying to bring Simon up to par with the best of em. At least he got TK to build Biscotti, that’s really upped the game on a lot of his lights for sure. :wink:

I was mainly talking about tubelights, but that’s good to know about the L6.

I am partly to blame by asking for lights similar to the L6. I really like the look/style of the L6 but am just finding it hard to justify spending my money on a 2 year old light. Honestly, if the L6 had the new 70.2 and an improved UI or maybe a lighted switch I’d probably pick it up in a heartbeat.

I now understand this was a post made to promote and discuss the L6 and I meant no harm towards that. I still think the L6 is a great light.

While I do have a handful of Convoy tube lights and several C8’s, I just LOVE my L2’s! The L6 is the big brother, sharing the design in a larger package. For me, the L2 is the modern answer to the old HD2010. Stylish, solid, and with great throw it’s an all time favorite of mine. The clear finish makes it stand out, and his venture into the clear machined finish with no bead blasting is truly a custom light at an affordable price. :wink: (still anodized, just not bead blasted so machine marks are visible)

I even have a little S2 tube light that I made into a green laser. :slight_smile:

Jordan, the MagLite has been around virtually unchanged for how long? One of the best selling flashlights ever made, no need for constant updates to stay up with the latest and greatest crowd. :wink:

Simon makes that kind of light, his S2 tube lights and the L2/L6 are the bar that others have been trying to surpass. Perhaps they are doing so to some degree, but it’s still Steak and Potatoes for the Convoy lovers. hahaha Simon did come out with a modernized C8, and modernized anodizing, even upgraded the firmware to Biscotti so he’s made some strides… just that he likes taking baby steps. lol

ah lightbringer u have missed something then, u must get it a l6 then, even if u dont have any use for it its a fun light to just play with and since u have such a catchy username it makes sense to get it, and its so cheap i started buying at first a c8 with xml emitter back then i didnt know what to expect really, i thought it would be another chinese 300 lumen light claiming the 1000lumens+ nonsense, then i got into this site since many convoy searches on google leads to BLF so i have learned alot since i arrived here.

I thought i was crazy back then when i saw the l6 at first here i mean wtf are people gonna do with that light? uh hu hu hu…. i think its a light anyone who is a member on this community should have.

Oh and i am thankful JasonWW jumps in and out on most threads here, he usually has lots of info to share etc i am grateful he spends alot of time here, and the other members aswell.

Dunno, I wanted the L2 as an Überthrower, and used it maybe twice (and got another as A Spare™).

As much as I like my Q8s, again, I only reach for it/them/whatever when there’s a “need” that goes beyond the typische 1klm light or maybe a C8F for a little more oomf. Rarely happens.

I like the idea of an L6, and was →← this close to getting one, but passed.

I’m still interested, but it’s gotta be something new’n’different to lure me into it. That’s why I’m following this thread, to see what might be happening with it.

Guilty, your honor. Let the court note, the defendant was only trying to help a fellow BLF member and currently has 6 Convoy lights in his possession with 3 more on order.

I officially apologize for being cranky.

All on me, sorry.

I’m new here so don’t know the unwritten rules/accepted behaviours of the forum. There is a lot to be said for keeping threads on topic but having done a lot of reading of old threads, there is a bit of cross channel chatter at times so just kinda adopted the same approach. Maybe some things are best left to PM rather than cross-pollinate threads :student:

I’m 15+ year member on a few PC tech/overclocking/watercooling forums here in Oz and would probably react the same way if people start to threadcrap or get off topic :smiley:

It’s not about getting off topic, we do that all the time. It’s no big deal.

In this particular case, we were talking about a specific type of off topic conversation such as pointing people to a competitors light while this thread is all about the Convoy L6.

I think the reason JasonWW brought this up is that many manufacturers are trying to push the limit of lights, while Simon isn’t, which is why BLF is slowly going to other manufacturers.

However, I prefer Convoy lights most of the time as a regular guy since Simon tends to be conservative in terms of power levels and interface choices.

A Convoy C8 can hold indefinitely its power level, while a spring bypasses BLF GT Mini will probably overheat, and will have less stable brightness over its runtime.

A Convoy S2+ will have a simpler UI than the Emisar D4, along with less brightness, but will not burn your hands in less than 30 secs, has a simpler UI and easier to learn UI for most, is cheaper, doesn’t require as power 18650s, and is available in gorgeous colors, and so many modding options, from a single XM-L2 90CRI 3000k, all the way to an XHP70.2 with a boost driver.

TLDR: His lights are very good already. What we want are big changes, and Simon isn’t willing to compromise on balance. Things like an updated UI, like with Biscotti, better springs, options for different reflectors, different LEDs is what he strives to. He chooses to push the essential stuff, not the 100% best light we want for our use case.

I just ordered a Clear Anondized Convoy L6 from Simon through AliExpress. I can’t wait to get it. Does anyone know if it still comes with all the L6 extras and spare parts. I plan to run it stock before I get it modded.

It’s going to take me a while but I’m going to read back through these posts so I can learn some new stuff.

You have confessed recently to NOT owning an L6 and an A6, to the gasps and horror of the BLF community at large.
Both of these are probably in the top 10 of recommended lights here.

Just admit it, the number 6 is your problem, isn’t it?