Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Mmmm, might be…

end of year promise on your end u will have one in your possession, deal?

I have almost bought an L2 several times just to try it out. I have the Convoy L6, multiple C8’s and a S2+. Most of my friends now have these same Convoy flashlights. Now that my friends have chargers, I can easily gift flashlights after I try them out.

I like how a C8 is considered a thrower but the L6 goes the same distance with a wall of light.

For the record my “Wall of Light” is limited to my only having a L6 for a flood light.

Since becoming a member I have at least 15 more flashlights, before I had uh nothing worth mentioning, now I have a favorite flashlight for bedside, truck, one that hangs by the front door, in the gym bag and the L6 is in the living room in the back corner of a shelf for when i need to light up the night.

For the record:
I thoroughly enjoy this web sight and come here daily. You guys that posted above and countless others have taught me so much about lights and where to get them.
Life is Brighter…

PS not a flashlight, but my daughter has one of the most well lit closets in Oklahoma (the brightest room in the house) complements of what I learned from BLF.

You buying? Sure! :laughing:

Anyway, whut’s the L6 do that a Q8 or MT09R doesn’t?

I mean, the Q8’s 5k lemons already, the ’09R’s, like, off the scale, so where does the L6 fit in?

Not putting it down in any way, just curious. I usually only get a new light when it fills a gap, so to speak.

its a search light, it can run the highest lumens far longer then both of those lights without getting too hot or stepdown. and its the cool factor having a big xhp70 emitter inside its heart but wow Lightbringer u are the hardest member in here to convince that actually decided before u got the light u dont like it but thats cool we cant force u too like it in the end…

JasonWW help me out man, i have failed to motivate another member to buy this light :smiley:

It’s mainly the form factor. It’s slender and easy to hold. You can grip it and use it facing both directions as the switch is near the balance point. You can carry it in your back pocket and I do. You can also bash someone with it like a club if the need arises. Hopefully it won’t. I personally find the 4 x 18650 soda can lights kind of too big in diameter.

Ps, I used 2 x D Maglites for like 20 years, so I am very used to that form factor. The L6 shape was a natural progression. It’s like a Maglite that went Hulk! Lol

I’m new to this forum and flashlights in general so I can’t speak on any other models. But what drew me to the Convoy L6 is that for the price it’s durable, tough, puts out a bright light, it can be modded, and if I justifiably had to, I can conk somebody on the head with it and not trip about losing a lot of money.

Huh? When did I ever say I didn’t like it?

I’m following this thread, so I am interested in it, at least peripherally. Just never really saw the “niche” it’d be expected to fill, for me personally.

The problem I’m trying to break is that I’ve got too many shelf-queens, or at least box-queens, ’cause I keep ’em in their original boxes with all the original goodies, etc., clean, dust-free, stain-free, etc., unless I’m actively using ’em.

Even my 2 L2s, aside from checking to make sure they weren’t DOA, and playing with one once or twice, I don’t really have a “need* for a pencil-beam thrower (at least not in nyc), but it’s hella nice to have Just In Case.

So, okay, longer sustainable “turbo”, better handling of heat, etc., nice. Still dunno when/if I’d ever use it in the Real World (or at least the semblance of it in nyc), so…

I want a 2700K L6

3000K 80+ CRI on DTP MCPCB $15

Thx but I already have a 3000K clear ano L6 :sunglasses:

Which you can mod with the linked emitter+mcpcb combo.

L6 was my first real flashlight. Now I have so many but still use the L6 a lot. It has to have the best flood/throw out there for the money.

I have a clear anodized L6 modded by TA with XHP70.2 4000k 80CRI and lighted side button and lighted tail button. It is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL flashlight I have ever seen! It makes 6,200 REAL OTF lumens and it has better heat shedding compared to other lights I have. The form factor reminds me of Maglites; very easy to hold and feels solid and reliable in the hand. It can be a duty light or art on a display shelf. It throws well yet having good spill. The MT09RTAs that I have are great too, has near identical beam, can be much brighter, but are not as easy to hold and feels less practical for every day use. I like both of them the same but find the L6 more convenient to use and better looking (at least the clear anodized version).

Anyone know if Lexel made those lighted tail switches and if they just drop in or need some soldering?

I bought mine from Lexel. Multi-color tail switch and pink (looks like purple) side switch. I sent them to TA to help me mod.

They definitely need soldering. They take the place of the metal washers you usually find in switch assemblies. Pics and video in links below.

Link to board design.

Link to order thread.

Too bad they don't just drop in like the C8 ones. I know I asked you this before, but where is the info how to solder them again? Forgot the link but if I remember well, I need a massive magnifying glass to solder them or something like that! What does "trimmer" mean?

I have no idea how these tail switch pcb’s wire up. Maybe a short length of wire from the pcb posts to both sides of the switch?