Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Now isn’t this something!!! :+1: Another Job well done by the Dynamic Dou!!! :beer: :wink: :beer:

No other flashlight brand takes trouble like convoy. Bought in another shop, nevertheless get help from Simon on Aliexpress.

Thx

IMHO it’s trouble with GB only, not Convoy.

Well that’s not very fair, GB is just a middle man and even though they screw up orders from time to time I don’t think they open all boxes and scratch the lenses on purpose … That’s a manufacturer fault.

But bravo to Simon and convoy to deal with that directly. WTG!
K.

A friend of mine say’s I over-paid because I bought it from Simon. Then he went on to say Gearbest had it for $3 less (after my BLF discount). After I stopped laughing I said, good luck in getting a real one! Even if it was real, I wouldn’t buy it from them. Like others, Ive had issues with them in the past.

Sometimes i think that GB just sells all defective batches of any brands.

I think you’re on to something there. That could be the case.

It is starting to feel that way. I bought a Roche M170 from them that was definitely not authentic… driver board was not LD-35, switch didn’t work reliably and the handle was mismatched with the body.

It is odd that buying directly from Simon (even with our 15% BLF discount) is more expensive than buying from GB. Based on my experiences with GB, I now avoid them just on principle so my L6 was ordered from Simon.

Look at as BLF members taking care of BLF member’s, what about the poor shmuck, that isn’t? :person_facepalming: He receives a banged up light and has to deal with customer service, :frowning: regardless who’s at fault!!! :+1:

Even if I don’t disagree with those opinions lets not turn this into a vendor trashing thread. :zipper_mouth_face:
I’m happy I could assist and I love hearing support for Convoy. :+1:

I feel sorry for anyone buying from a shlock operation like Gearbest. Can you imagine the shipping cost sending it back? Simon on the other hand would probably send out a replacement part if needed. He seems like a real stand-up guy

Lol, not fair…you obviously haven’t received very many scratched up lights, parts of lights, hosts, or missing parts from them. I speak from experience, Gearbest’s packaging and shipping department SUCKS! As does their customer service. I would advise no one to ever order anything from them.

Yes djburkes you are most probably right, I only had 8 orders from GB and maybe I´m just lucky but every single order was delivered without the slightest problems. They have a very cheap (1.70 bucks IIRC) Germany Express shipping option that is speedy (7-10 days) and does not produce any customs hassle. But I guess experiences vary.

But let´s now focus again on the L6 :wink:

CU,
K.

Good on you. :beer:

Is there anyway to get confirmation from Simon on whether he deals GB at all? If not, then we can automatically rule any Convoy products listed there as counterfeit.
Or, even if he does deal with them, but only sells them “seconds” it would still be good info to know.

I was overhearing a guy who owned a chinese goods wholesale store in Lebanon talk about how they get merchandise. He mentioned that he buys things in “grades” from companies. For example: A grade is the highest quality goods, B grade are so-so, C grade are ok, and D grade have the most defects. I’m not sure what the real metric was, but it was something along the lines of paying for a higher grade means getting a higher quality product. IF it applied to online sites, then maybe GB doesn’t always stock the highest grade? I don’t know. Just thought it was super interesting. Sorry to go off topic!

I think you’re right on topic. Who wants to buy a D,C, or even a B rated product for a few dollars less. Not me, that’s for sure. Coupled with less than desirable customer support, NO THANKS!

I would love to see some beam shots comparing the different emitters that are available.

Thanks,

Bob

I can confirm that Simon does indeed sell Convoy lights to Gearbest, Banggood, Fasttech and a few other resellers.
I do not think that a counterfeit L6 exists. We just finished it. It’s brand new on the market.
I have never know Simon to sell “seconds” other than occasionally in his own store where he will list sale items if they have a few scratches or something. In those cases they are clearly sold as having small damage and discounted accordingly.
Hopefully this is just a single isolated incident that will be resolved properly and we can all go on happily ever after shining brightly into the night. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. The only thing that raised an eyebrow was the statement about the AR coating being removed so easily.

just got my convoy l6 from gearbest, so from a great light for the price but I seem to have an issue. the light flickers on high but not on low med or turbo. is this normal? anything that can be done to fix it?

thanks