Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Can anyone confirm the depth of the driver cavity?
Would the 15mm (height) external inductor, from MTM 26mm buck driver, fit the L6? (instead of the 6mm Coilcraft inductor)
Would Simon be willing to make up some 26mm to 30mm adapters for the buck and FET DD?
Anticipating the host.
I have seen post #987 but have yet to locate the exact size copper washers.
Thanks for any help.

30.3mm Driver Cavity, 30mm driver. 15.3mm deep from the driver ledge. 7-8 mm of retainer ring thread.Try here…. http://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.uk/copper-washer-26mm-x-31mm-m26-metric-sealing-ring-1916-p.asp and http://www.amazon.com/24mm-Metric-Shape-Copper-Washer/dp/B00W94K70S?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref\_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 Have 20 of each coming myself.

EDIT: error

Is this the XHP35 version? Great

Nope, XHP70. There isn’t a XHP35 version.

I saw you’re working on it.

Sorry all it’s a holiday weekend so I’m not online much. As far as Gearbest all of the L6 being sold there were assembled by Convoy. What happened after they left his hands I cannot say but Simon is standing behind the L6 so even those who bought from GB will most likely get help directly from Simon. As of now I can only confirm that the L6 from Gearbest are legit. I’m waiting for him to confirm whether or not any resellers do any authorized assembly. As far as the escrow thing wouldn’t the PayPal workaround method work to get around that and allow you to buy directly from Simon? It certainly should.

As my Convoy collection grows, I too wish Simon had a Pay-Pal store front. I’d much rather buy direct than deal with extra middle men.

How does one “buy directly from Simon?”

You could message him with what you want (mention you want to pay with paypal) and he will send you an invoice. Pay and he will ship the items.
I’ve done this at least once, and I would do it again if I have to.
Or you could use Credit Card.
This is his official shop:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/330416

AliExpress separates placing your order and paying for your order into two different steps.

So go to his AliExpress store, add your items to your cart, and place your order. At that point it will give you an order number and ask you to pay. If you want to use PayPal stop at this point, send Simon a message on AliExpress with your name and order number, and ask to pay with PayPal.

I paid the full price. After I found out about the BLF discount, Simon said he would credit my AMEX for the discount when I receive the L6. What a guy!. I’ll be giving him my business whenever I can.

BTW, I told him my BLF ID, that I’ve been a member since 2011. He responded in a very timely fashion. Simon’s the man!

:+1: Thanks PD. Summed up perfectly.

J-Dub74 could you tell Simon to hurry up with that L6 host my L2 is looking small.

This picture is for all the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Happy Memorial Day

It won’t matter, still looks small, (4) 26650’s! XHP35 alive in the L6, looks better with the (4) 26500’s! Need the Smooth Reflector’s now………?

How does it compare to the k70?

No comparison bro, size is everything when it comes to reflector size! It’s running the stock L6 OP reflector. It’s nice, but not hard and defined spot, like a smooth reflector spot would be. I would have to machine 4mm off a JAX X6 reflector, or a Courui D01, and I won’t take a chance ruining them, their my last 2 pristine reflectors Ive been saving. My SD75 XHP35 with the D4 1A is right their with the K70 for throw and tint, 416-421kcd. according to my meter and depending on battery charge, they share the same battery carrier. But I have a feeling when Simon makes the L6 smooth reflectors, this thing should be outstanding for a medium big beam thrower, (yeah I know no such thing as a multi emitter quad die thrower) but it throws! I like the LD-2 M2 driver, cause the tail cap is not just for lock out, but for some reason this one turns on in low only, my extended Courui runs all 3 levels of the tail cap? But it’s better than just lock out! :+1:

We all have different requirements but I have found that the OP reflector provides a very good balance of flood and throw. When testing a few nights ago I was able to illuminate an object over 500m away along a road with ambient light (street lights) and heavy smoke haze. In better ambient conditions the throw will be much better.

Your going to have FLOOD in any XHP emitter light, shaving and a smooth reflector gives the needed throw and still more than enough FLOOD anybody could want. The XHP35 is a Tighter quad die acting like almost a single die, you don’t really have the cross seperating the dies as you do from the others, this is from my testing of some 20 plus XHP70’s and a couple 50’s and 3 going on 4 XHP35’s. Not just one!

Hey Look Honey! Somebody’s got it worse than I do! :stuck_out_tongue: