Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

If I live to be 100 Dale, I’ll never catch up to you!! :+1: (Heck your making your OWN now!!) Or many of other enthusiast on this forum!!! :person_facepalming: But it’s FUN trying!!! :smiley:

You got me wanting to build a LD-M2, Xhp35, big reflector light

+ 1……… Yep, that is just a drop in the bucket for Dale……… last I heard it was over 150 but I think he has quit counting. :star: :star: :star: :star:

Heheee BIG? :+1: :person_facepalming:

Now put that next to an Olight SR-90 Intimidator or a Nitecore TM36. Step it up another notch… :wink:

OK! Bahaaaaa!

Wow! So it’s similar to the Intimidator then. I just measured my TM36 Lite at 3 1/2”, the Intimidator is just shy of 4”. The Intimidator has a massively thick tube, swallowing a D sized mag tube internally. (yes, literally, the tube from a Maglite fits inside the SR-90 tube)

And this light of yours is called what? Who makes it?

This one… back up to post #53 then post #48 TrustFire T90-2 Luminus SST-90 @FASTTECH …………… https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10004688/1360702-trustfire-t90-2-luminus-sst-90-5-mode-2500-lumen-w

We welcome all

I question whether serial driver will work with 3S?

I Tube with L2 and I would like to modify

Had another play with this light today - such amazing output and quality! I’d like to publicly thank J-Dub74 for his input into this light and his communicating between BLF members and Simon (Convoy).

Did you manage to upload your beamshots? Curious to see /read why you´re not impressed with this light. What´s the problem? Output too low or below expectations?

K.

Here a second trial for a upload. As I already have written the distance at the top of illuminated tree is 50m.
Lights overview:

Flooder Astrolux S1 (XPL-HI)

Thrower Astroxlux S2 (XPL-HI)

Thrower Jaxman X1 (XPL-HI)

Flood-Thrower Convoy L6 (XPH-70)

I do not think that the light output is worse. But in comparison to my other lights I am just not overwhelmed. The L6 is best in producing heat when used in the turbo mode. The L6 is equipped with the initial blue/white emitter.

When the thunderstorm weather has gone here in Germany I will go out for hunting again. I can then try to compare the Astrolux S2, Jaxman X1 and Convoy L6 over a bigger distance if there is someone here who is interested…

I’m always interested in beamshots :smiley:

That Jaxman X1 throws very well for its size.

I think the L6 will make a great security light for checking the yard at night. Lots of useful spill. Plenty of throw for perimeter checks. Momentary switch for quick pulses. Can double as a weapon if needed.

If I was going on a hunting trip I’d probably take the Jaxman. If I heard a bump in the night I’d grab the L6.

I see Convoy L6 suddenly no longer available on Aliexpress.
???
Does anybody know about the reason?
Yesterday there where lots of L6 lights available.

50 yds, I have AAA lights that easily look good in that range. And comparing a powerhouse XHP-70 to a thrower is always going to be deceptive, especially at close range. When you can get some better range, more open area, you’ll see where the XHP-70 really throws it’s weight around.

As a searchlight, or an emergency rescue style light, it’s pretty tough to beat the L6.

I like to think of the lights in terms of what I’d use one for. The little tube light, a quick walk or a jaunt out to the storage building to find something at night that’s been put back. The Jax X1 is a spotlight, long distance searching or guidance, like a boat on the water searching out sand barges at night or searching the fields for a lost calf or puppy. The L6 is a fantastic light after a storm when a tree is down across a road, need to do some cuts with a chain-saw and clear the road and need to light up the area pretty good from on top of the truck to do it.

Different styles of light, much different run times and beam profiles, they all have a place and excel in some areas more so than others.

I’m really liking the large hotspot that multi emitter and XHP lights give. You get tons of light put on an area to quickly find what you’re looking for at 50 yards and closer, but you also have enough throw to reach out to longer range as well.

I have a feeling I’d love a Convoy L6, and I don’t have an XHP70 yet so I clearly need one. :smiley:

Quickly find what you’re looking for at 100 yds and then some…

Borrowed from stephenk’s reveiw (great job stephenk)Review: Convoy L6 (XHP70, 2x26650)

I think the tree’s in that forest are all starting to grow towards the Cree…