Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

It’s getting close! Can’t wait!

Mine is due in on Monday! :smiley:

Just got my tracking number from simon today! :smiley: For those of you who have received your lights directly from Simon, how long did it take for you to receive your light?

Edit: From the time Simon sends you the tracking number, to the estimated delivery date in the States.

Hello,

I need some help. My question is a little off topic but belongs to the BLF. I want to by a Convoy S2+ with a XPL-HI emitter. So far so good. I asked Simon about that. Now Simon asks me a question that I do not understand. I know some of you do!

So here is the question:

so how many 7135IC in this S2+ with XPL HI flashlight? ”

Can you bring a little bit light into my understandings??

Did Aliexpress discontinue selling this light? Can’t seem to find it.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Convoy-L6-flashlight-XHP70-led-inside/32659785735.html

But this item is no longer available. Good question for J-Dub….

The amount of 7135’s determine the output of the light.
If you want good output you should go with (atleast) 8x7135’s.

7135 is a power supply essentially. The more there are the more power to the LED.

Sounds like he is asking you how many 7135s you want added to the driver. They are the IC chips that regulate current. The more chips, the more current. More current equals more output, but also more heat. A S2+ will heat up pretty quick with a high-amp driver. Personally, I’d probably go with 8x7135, but I am not concerned about heat build-up, and usually don’t run lights for extended periods of time. Your preference/needs may be different!

Also, you might want to be specific with the emitter choice. Simon may have several bins/tints of XP-L HI emitters available. :beer:

I don’t know what’s going on with that but I’ve both messaged and emailed Simon. Hopefully just an Aliexpress system glitch that will be resolved soon. As soon as I know what’s going on I’ll let you all know.

I tried adding it to the cart but it wouldn’t let me, even though it says 94 pieces left. I just went ahead and ordered it from Gearbest. Hopefully those are legit. Same quality.

Not the L6, but a 2x block L2 tube. Ordered 5-22, tracking showed ‘accepted’ 5-27, arrived today.

They make 2 different current value 7135’s .350 and .380 Simon uses the .380 x 8= 3.04 amps. You can always add more to increase current (amps), or remove to decrease, also heat increase’s too, fun stuff!!!

I am sure it was just a typo, but wanted to clarify: At .380 each, you would need an 8 x 7135 board for 3.04 amps. :beer:

yep :person_facepalming: corrected thanks!

Thanks for your help. I will try the 8x7135. I like the bluish lights. Maybe something around 5700K.

Yeah that was no doubt just a simple typo. However just for clarification, in most of Simon’s 7135 based drivers he actually uses the 350s, not the 380s. For example the S2+ and the rest of the S series, the C8 and a handful of others using a NANJG 105c driver they use the 350. Qlite uses the 380 in their 105c but Simon does not typically. This means a Convoy 7135*8 would be running 2.8A.

Simon and I did talk about switching to the 380mA chips but my understanding is that they tend to be more unstable than the 350mA particularly at the low end where things like moonlight mode come into play.

My mistake again? :person_facepalming: That’s what I must be looking at now the Q’lites I got from Simon? So RMM uses the .380’s! Good to know!

Qlite uses the 380mA 7135 Integrated Circuit. Richard does not. Richard doesn’t build Qlites, he might add chips to em, but he buys em from Hank at Intl-Outdoor with the 8 x 380mA 7135’s for 3.04A. Richard prefers the 350mA 7135 for stability and low moon mode.

And you can’t just stack chips til you’re happy with what they add up to. The capability of the cell will come into play if you exceed the power level a cell can readily supply. So if you stack 6A worth of chips and use a protected cell, you’re most likely not ever going to see 6A. If you stack 5A worth of chips and use a lap pull, you might see 5A for a couple of minutes or even seconds, then it will fall out of regulation and the power output will fall as the cell falls.

The opposite does hold true, however. You can use a single 350mA chip and a 10A high discharge cell and you’ll only get 350mA out of your driver. The cell will last and last and last… This is how we run an XP-E2 or an UV emitter that can’t take over 500mA. :wink: (in which case it’s not necessary to use a high discharge cell, of course.)