Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Is that next to the BLF X6 OR X5?

Looks like the Astrolux S3 which is the X5

Did I see in another thread that there will be a clear ano version of the L6? Trying to decide whether to wait for that or just order the black one now.

Yep the X5 (Astrolux S3). This light makes all my others look puny :smiley:

N2 3A, 5000K

At last I managed to get proper DMM, I bought Fluke 17B+ from Taobao.
About 110USD.

Ah my thorfires finally arrived which is great news. Doing a capacity test for the curious right now on my Li500. Now for the bad news, my L6 has not come. :cry:

lumenzilla,
Take the protection off that monster battery in post#1269. Then see whats going on with that giant buttontop.
Looks like it might have 2 button tops on it. Seems fishy to me. Let us know what you find.
Tarvos

Just received my convoy L6 yesterday, order on may 9 received on june 7, compare with my thorfire s70 and jetbeam t6, off course jetbeam t6 is the brighter of the three! the convoy L6 scenes a little brighter than s70, even outdoor with my eye, I use lux meter to test and went outdoor for beam shot, I am happy with my new L6! :beer:

I couldn't wait any longer for a host and ordered one with the 7C tint. Would preferred the 5A but it's grayed out. Still, no response yet from Simon, but he's still showing June 10th for stock.

Got mine today from GB, ordered 29may. N4 5000k around 5A in tail and 64kcd with two LG HE-2.
Really nice flashlight, well balanced. Now I have to order two new 26650, think I go with high drains.

Odd that the trees appear brighter in the S70 outdoor photo and yet registers lower on the lux meter…

SCEman wrote.
Odd that the trees appear brighter in the S70 outdoor photo and yet registers lower on the lux meter…

i’m using my cell phone camera, with my eyes I see more clearly the convoy l6 is brighter.
using my lux meter lower is not brighter higher is.

Obviously you know what you are seeing. It’s just odd that in the two outdoor beamshots in this thread, the S70 appears brighter (IMHO) in each. It appears that some S70 samples perform better/worse than others.

RE: Lux meter comment - I believe that’s what I said, S70 number was lower.

And thanks for taking the time to post these pics & your observations :+1:

The important thing being that the shots were taken with a phone camera. The exposure can vary greatly with a phone as it choses what area of the picture to expose for. If it was done with a camera on manual settings for both shots, then it would be weird if the S70 was brighter IMO.

Tim thanks for the pics! What distance were those taken? I was thinking this light would be floodier than it is but it still seems to be a great all around light for the money.

I don’t know the distance is pretty far, yes I said all around light for the money! and it look good and feel good in hand.

Awesome. Do you think it would be possible to get narsil ramping ui running on it?

I received my L6 3A about a week ago but hadn’t had time to do a side by side comparison with the S70 NW. Off a ceiling bounce my luxmeter says my S70 is some 15% brighter - which is not visually noticeable, but the L6 has more throw.

It’s hard to decide which i like the best. The S70 seems to have more ‘power’ and it has the battery charge indicator under the switch cover (which i replaced with a clear cap to see the light)… However i prefer the look and feel of the L6, especially the black mate finish, and it has a lower ‘low’ mode which i find more appropriate and useful.

Both are two really great lights for the price. Can’t go wrong with either of them. :wink:

Yes, that's the plan. Really want an LDO based driver though, so not sure yet bout drivers. Could use a zener, and turn the light OFF at the tail I suppose.

I dunno if it's been posted yet, but I need specific details on the stock driver - where the switch is mounted, what the driver size is, etc. I'm sure I can get something to work, piggyback style, but would be nice to know before it's in my hands. There have been no teardown reviews on this light yet, as far as I know - only one review at all, and not for modders, for sure. Don't have time now to go thru 100's of posts. The host version release is being delayed - that at least would provide some insight, like driver size.

Basic plan:

• Tiny85 for Narsil
  • SIR404DP FET (highest rated - ever I think)
  • LDO support - highly preferred
  • P2 1C XHP70
  • UCLp lens
  • heavy wires pretty much everywhere
  • EFEST 4200's or BASEN, or equal/better

I just think it could be the best host out there for an XHP70 at max amps, though the 7G10 is quite good. Would prefer a 2S3P 18650 tube, but can't have everything