Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

!

S2+ orange anodized body with an XML-2 7a emitter and 3* AMC7135 driver with low, medium, high output. Black tail cap and lanyard. Flashlight for the month of October.

orange is a little too orange for me

Never thought I could be assaulted by the color orange. :cry:

Not trying to assault anyone. This is just like a paint chip of color. It is my vote of orange.

Only joking. A good half of my posts are not serious.

Ok…so I don’t want to derail this thread even further, but I started a poll (my first! :slight_smile: )
Simon is working on the black stainless switch for the deset tan S2+.
It looks like it will probably be a black PVD coating on the stainless switch.
My question is, if/when a clear anodized S2+ goes into production what style switch would most people want?
I think the bare looking S2+ would look great with a black clip and a black stainless switch but I’m just one vote.

Please take a moment to cast your vote HERE!

If the poll ends close between a black and a stainless button why not sell the cap and the holder separately as a spare part?

Or just add a second set to the box. Replacement is at your own risk. It is doable for a modder but maybe not for everyone.

I was just being a smart @$$ of sorts. Nothing serious but I do like orange. My wife says I am a stick in mud about jokes.

Ah, the “Craig Sager Orange”. Good choice.

Definitely looks better than a spray on tan. :slight_smile:

is orange rude and obnoxious, or will it make america great again
imagine what a comb-over looks like when it’s wet

Must say “Craig Sager Orange is cool". He does not look like a convict at all. Not a fan of beige but I am sure Simon's color choice will be good. Simon makes very good decisions concerning flashlight colors. Wish I had seen an orange S3 when they were still available.

The orange colour used on the Astrolux A01 was pretty spot on in my opinion. It was quite popular in the group buy.

I agree. I like it better than my huge orange square because it is shinny and metallic.

I’m not ignoring any of the orange requests and certainly appreciating the humor along the way. :laughing:
The orange color itself though has to wait on a few things before it’s taken on as an actual project. Just keep all that “orange energy” saved up for when it can actually be put to use. Honestly, it’s looking like the clear (aka “bare”) version may beat the DT version to production. The tan anodizing is still a work in progress but as the last anodizing sample showed, they nailed the clear anodizing. I wanted the black metal switch button on the clear version but based on the poll results it looks like the clear anodized S2+ will be more popular with the same stainless button as the red, blue and green colored S2+ versions use now. I’m cool with that too and I’m certainly not going to advise Simon to make something that will have lower sales just based on my preference. I wish I hade more to announce about the Desert Tan but until they get the color right we need to be patient. I’m hoping that we will have the new driver firmware ready before the next S2+ is released whatever color it may be. Thanks for your patience. :beer:

The firearms industry certainly has the anodizing colors down.

Thats most likely Cerakote like these two lights.

RobertB, You’re probably right, it did look painted.

I verified that this AR upper and lower was Type III Anodized before posting.

Any updates on the smooth reflectors?