Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

Any updates? Hoping that the light will be available before years end.

I think I will make this my 1st S2+ (Convoy even) :heart_eyes:

This light is beautiful

i couldnt wait and ordered the black L6, i was dreaming about a sand colored L6 in the future but i will just buy another one and sell the black L6. I hope simon figured it out with the matte sand color. The clear version is not for me

Any update?

Borrowed this from… tim70’s thread… Photos of your lights strip, polished, baked, or whatever you thinks it look good!

Lfatman’s baked baddazz L6

SWEET! :+1:

Is the biscotti firmware and the new driver available for the S2+?

Thanks

The new firmware is currently available upon request for the S2+ for around $1 extra. Just message Simon before payment in Aliexpress. I received mine a few days ago, and it is a big improvement over the original S2+ UI. I have set the mode group to #2 for the time being.

Is someone selling the flashed chip or driver seperately?

Yes, the new driver and firmware are available on Convoy’s Aliexpress website.

I don’t really want to call this an update but it is “something”.

I got the latest color sample from Simon last week. He described it to me as possibly being “too dark. I think I disagree, but I’m just one opinion so let me know what you think.

I got outside yesterday to take a few pictures though they don’t quite do the color justice. I included a few of the other colored S2+ in the shot for comparison. The latest desert tan is in the middle and the previous D.T. sample is to the right of it. In person the color looks a bit different and IMO a bit better than in my pictures. You can still see a bit of a metallic look though much less than the previous sample. I don’t think we can really avoid that without something like a cerakote finish which doubles the price of the light. What looks like metallic is actually the bead blasted finish showing through the anodizing. If it were not bead blasted it would look even shinier so I think we’re going to have to find a compromise point. The ultra-matte look many of us want may not be achievable in any color other than black.

Let me know your opinions. Click on the image if you want to see the full size picture

By the way, the new S series holster is excellent. Probably the best holster I’ve seen in this size.

Edit: I forgot one picture.

The new sample looks pretty good!

I like the color, but what host is it on?

The sample on the top was the previous one i guess? I would say release it :smiley: …. and the L6.

Looks good enough, let the production commence!

Looks good. Go with it.

Works for me, populate it with the new ToyKeeper firmware on the new driver and put it on the website!

Package deal with a holster for the win?

I Liiiike It! That deep tan color with the matte finish is superb, on a complete light it’s gonna really be slick, er, awesome! Might have to get one with a holster for Hoops pill that’s en-route…

Convoy planning to deliver lights for military?

Looks like desert camouflage color.

The blue on the L6 would be dam-near my perfect light.
Can I persuade anyone to make a batch that colour?
Contact Convoy directly?