Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

LOL. Yup it’s been discussed. We’re not going straight-up bare but clear anodizing is being tested now. We’re waiting on the first sample. We should be receiving both the tan and the clear sample soon. Of course that prompted responses like “You can’t make clear anodizing” and several things along those lines but yes, it can and has been done. The S series will probably not be the first design to receive the clear treatment but if it comes out right it will probably be offered on several models. :beer:

what the……,have not been here long and own a red S2, grey S2, black S2, black M2, grey C8 and want a tan S2. Now you temp me with a clear S2+ ( and yes I bought the non anodized BLF A6) I was warned but did not listen!

You’ll also need the L2, blue S2+, short tubes for each color, “a baked C8 and a baked S2+.”: What did you mod today? - #363 by Lfatman

The “clear anodize” that I have seen looks more grey like titanium or maybe brushed stainless steel, than raw aluminum. This is not a bad thing. I have been impressed with the appearance before, not that it always will look that good. I actually argued for a second that the part I was looking at was not aluminum, (I didn’t touch it) but then I said oh…. clear anodize, right. It was a large swing arm bracket for a roller coaster coach made by a local company.

Yeah I hear that. I’m anxious to see exactly what Simon’s manufactory comes up with. He put the to the challenge…now we wait. I haven’t seen anodizing that is 100% clear but I anxiously await. I have one clear anodized light. It has a grey blue tint to the clear. Honestly I find it beautiful and would not object to that color at all but clear or nearly so is the goal here. The one clear anodized light I refer to is an Ultrafire 501B. The threads aren’t Convoy quality but I love the exterior machining and finish on this one. It’s the best 501B I’ve come across. It may be one of the “true Ultrafires” as far as I can tell and it’s held up beautifully over the last three years.

Haven’t been able to stop thinking about good bread and butter pickles since your post by the way… :slight_smile:

Yeah this place sucked me in too. :sunglasses: I started just looking for a new EDC tube light then one thing led to another and the end result is that I’ve become the unofficial Convoy rep here on BLF. This stuff is way too cool to walk away from though…even if my wife doesn’t understand. :innocent: Clear may not hit the S2+ for a bit though so save you’re money. The first intended lights to be offered in clear are the L2 and the upcoming L6. Other things will happen too… :zipper_mouth_face:

I thought this was a thread about a desert tan S2+ in the early development stage. :confused: Just sayin…

This is BLF. Off topic is what we do.
And imho some of the best stuff I’ve read has been OT.

Hehe, yeah I am just messing with J-dub. He posted this in the green thread, but I am not sure if I got the smiley right :smiley:
I am all for constructive thread drift, especially since I am often involved with it.

I really like how the green thread led to the development of the Tusken Raider edition, and now this thread might lead to the development of an orange colour. We could call it the Cloud Car edition… or not :confounded:

Oh. :laughing: Opps :zipper_mouth_face:

By the way, here is a list of our original smileys and their text codes Compose tips | Lyrics Translate
:~ was the confused one :confused:

Fixed. Thanks for the lyrics :smiley:

Ha! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ohhh my fav. Care to share the recipe?

Now we really goin off topic! :laughing:

Illuminated Pickle Prototype

Seriously! I haven’t stopped thinking about good bread and butter pickles since Hoop said that. My neighbor gave me a gallon of his (awesome!) and me and the family tore though them pretty darn fast. Wish I had more…

Can we discuss about the orange S2+ when the official clear S2+ thread is up? :slight_smile:

aaauuugggg, J-Dub74 did it to me again, now I want a clear L6. :slight_smile:

I hope this doesn’t get me kicked out of this thread- I am generally not a fan of pickles. The only ones I have really liked were on an “American pretzel sandwich”. Come to think of it they were supposedly homemade, all the others I have had were commercial. Maybe that’s where I have gone wrong.

I redeem myself with USB Pickle! Maybe I should stay out of this thread for a while :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not really making pickles, I was just running with beam0’s joke.

Machining processes make swarf, commonly referred to as “chips.” Putting “chips in a barrel” means I’m working. The chips go in a barrel because they get recycled. Beam0 was keen enough to make a joke out of that.