Convoy S2 pocket clip???

Split tail allows you to connect a lanyard and retain tailstandability. Not useful for me as I always remove the lanyards from my lights.

If you do find a way to implement the FastTech pocket clip, I’d highly recommend putting shrink wrap around the clip. It prevents wear on your pocket where it is clipped, and keeps the thin/sharp edges of the metal clip from scratching whatever you bump against. It’s saved the paint on my car several times…

Another possible option: FastTech has just added the Solarforce pocket clip to their lineup. A bit more expensive at $5.20; not sure if it will fit the Convoy S-series lights though. Also, wouldn’t allow the deep carry I prefer.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10017643/3616400-solarforce-pc2-led-flashlight-pocket-clip

The anodized tailcap threads on the S-series lights mean this would prevent normal use of the switch, as it would effectively lock out the light when installed. You would have to remove the anodization or carry the light head-up, assuming it would even fit.

I saw the SF clip today on FT, but it’s pricey, may not fit the S2 and not deep carry at all…
I can’t use the FT clip that is screwed in the lanyard holes because I already have the magnet in the tail (and use it…).
So, I was thinking of using a clip-on clip, like Olight or the BLF A6…
Does someone have a soucre for those ?

With that clip, it is my edc… everyday! Solarforce clip will fit, but you have to do the wire ring trick. When did they change the tailcap, mine are all from Simon this summer? Is that not a real convoy?

Well the tailcap of my red S2+ (with the metal switch) looks like this, so the Fasttech clip (identical to the one form Simon) fits perfectly!

The clip for the Roche F6 fits really well (even better than on the F6) and it is super sturdy. However it is not a deep carry and I don’t know where these can be bought separately.

The tailcap of the S2+ has been revised and now the Fasttech clip will fit.

In case no one saw, this was from 2014

And now it’s been updated.

Tristan, have you posted that in what Legos with what?

Not yet…will do so now.

Yep, and my question was about a clip-on clip like Olight and the BLF A6…
I’m really curious about the compatibility and source to buy one

Tristan thanks for sharing that and the pics. I’ve been working with Simon on a new deep carry clip for the S2+ shorty (and the standard model) and the F6 clip shows exactly how I wanted to attach it. I passed that along to Simon who of course has F6 clips on hand and he’s right on board now and working on the new design! It should attach just like the F6 clip but it will be a deep carry style more like the A6 clip but better quality. Thanks for the tip! I love all the awesome ideas that come out of this community. I don’t know how much use it will be on a C8 but Simon showed me that it also fits right there too. :bigsmile:

Hmmm…. modify the tailcap so cut a slightly deeper groove right at the end to accept the optional clip. Although, I prefer a screw-mounted clip, to prevent scratching if the clip rotates on the body. I don’t want a circular scratch around my light.

That F6 clip needs to be a little longer and a little wider, with a bit more flare up on the end to make pocketing the light a bit easier.

hmm so does simon have some to sell? I think I would prefer the normal style versus deep-carry.

For the record Simon doesn’t seem to like the F6 clip either. He described it as “funny”. The clip will be a new design and will almost certainly adress both the issues you mentioned. Personally I would only want a screw mounted clip if it screwed directly into the tailcap. I’m not a fan of the current nuts and bolts mounting on the standard S series clip. Only problem there is if you arent a clip fan you have 2 holes in your light…

Not sure. You could always ask though.

> split tail?

I always add a belt loop clip, so value having the split if the hole is placed so the split ring can lay flat — keeping tailstand possible.

(For an example of doing it wrong see the ZeusRay a.k.a. “Devastating Debacle” light — split tailcap but the hole is placed so a lanyard or ring can’t lay flat.)

I’ve been using the clip that came with my H02 headlight. I doesn’t quite fit in the groove but it’s tight enough that it stays put. It’s extra deep pocket carry and I like that. Of course it prevent’s tail standing, unless you put it right on the edge of a table with the clip of the edge.

Any update on a deep carry clip for S2/S2+ ?
It’s the only thing that miss my S2 to be my EDC !

No update yet. I’m getting a little antsy too. I’m in the same boat. I’d be carrying my shorty if it had that clip. I still carry it in my pocket sometimes but it just sits in the bottom. The second I get word on a release date from Simon I’ll post it.

Im interested in deep carry clip as well!

I created a new thread for the clip here:

It fits the S2, S2+, M1 and C8. If you’re interested check out the new thread. Here’s a peek though.

How’s that for an EDC…