Convoy S2 pocket clip???

I absolutely love this light, and have adapted a clip for it, but the retention stinks.

Does anyone know of a dedicated clip for this awesome EDC light??

This might work.

Make sure you use blue loctite on the threads, or they WILL come off…ask me how I know :wink:

Very interesting option…so you would screw the clip into the opening on the tailcap. could both screws fit into the relatively small opening? Do the screws or the nuts interfere with the tailcap?

That clip works great with the S2! No problems with interference; it is tight but it works fine.

I haven’t tried it personally, i don’t have an S2 but the reviews say it works and i know of others that have used this clip on various lights. It might take some modding.

I would tap new holes for it and not use the nuts but if you can’t do that the screws just go through the lanyard holes secured with the nuts on the inside which may bother you when using the switch?

I think the screwholes on the clip are about 7mm to the centres if that helps.

It won’t fit on the S2+, the tail cap is cut differently from the S2

S2 tailcap

This is the S2+ tailcap

Yep…have the S2+ cap…bleh

It looks like it would fit but you’ll have to drill new holes.

I agree the s2+ tailcap is just a bad step backwards .

Who likes these split tails ?? and why ?

S2 IMO is just a better light

I agree. I have two S2s and an S2+. In almost every way, I prefer the S2. I am about to build my third S2, in a cool white. This way I’ll have warm, neutral, and cool S2s.

I was wondering if the A6 clip is compatible with S2/S2+ ?
And where can I buy one alone ?
Thank you !

Split tail allows you to connect a lanyard and retain tailstandability. Not useful for me as I always remove the lanyards from my lights.

If you do find a way to implement the FastTech pocket clip, I’d highly recommend putting shrink wrap around the clip. It prevents wear on your pocket where it is clipped, and keeps the thin/sharp edges of the metal clip from scratching whatever you bump against. It’s saved the paint on my car several times…

Another possible option: FastTech has just added the Solarforce pocket clip to their lineup. A bit more expensive at $5.20; not sure if it will fit the Convoy S-series lights though. Also, wouldn’t allow the deep carry I prefer.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10017643/3616400-solarforce-pc2-led-flashlight-pocket-clip

The anodized tailcap threads on the S-series lights mean this would prevent normal use of the switch, as it would effectively lock out the light when installed. You would have to remove the anodization or carry the light head-up, assuming it would even fit.

I saw the SF clip today on FT, but it’s pricey, may not fit the S2 and not deep carry at all…
I can’t use the FT clip that is screwed in the lanyard holes because I already have the magnet in the tail (and use it…).
So, I was thinking of using a clip-on clip, like Olight or the BLF A6…
Does someone have a soucre for those ?

With that clip, it is my edc… everyday! Solarforce clip will fit, but you have to do the wire ring trick. When did they change the tailcap, mine are all from Simon this summer? Is that not a real convoy?

Well the tailcap of my red S2+ (with the metal switch) looks like this, so the Fasttech clip (identical to the one form Simon) fits perfectly!

The clip for the Roche F6 fits really well (even better than on the F6) and it is super sturdy. However it is not a deep carry and I don’t know where these can be bought separately.

The tailcap of the S2+ has been revised and now the Fasttech clip will fit.

In case no one saw, this was from 2014

And now it’s been updated.

Tristan, have you posted that in what Legos with what?

Not yet…will do so now.