【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

This is a potentially very exciting emitter! Looks like the datasheet is here. A few observations:

• Looks a hell lot like the SFT40, and the datasheet gives a LES of 4.15mm^2, calculating from diameter 2.30mm. Basically a 7070, round die, souped-up SFT40.
  • With a good bin and maximum rated current of 10A, this emitter can reach 3700 lumens, which gives essentially the surface intensity of an Osram white flat at 5A. We essentially have 4x the output for 2x the current input, making this LED approximately twice as efficient!
  • Based on how the output versus current curve looks, there should be a lot of room for overdrive, perhaps at current levels comparable to the SBT90.2. In that case this LED may noticeably surpass the intensity of an Osram white flat.

Can we get this LED tested? Maybe @koef3?

3 Thanks

Maybe. I did not order them yet.

PM me if someone has samples.

How about in a M21H?
Could be a decent thrower with the 3° TIR.

The S21E B35AM 4500K that I got it through Nealsgadgets few days ago has the double click to turbo and double click return to previous brightness UI.

Hi! 719A will withstand 3A current? Or will it smoke like b35am?

According to this test 3A is the maximum under ideal conditions. Under sub-ideal conditions in a flashlight, the output will likely begin to decline before 3A, and it is likely that the emitter will fail.

2 Thanks

I tried 70.3 HI with that 3 deg. It is really nice. It could be used as a make shift thrower if really needed to. But Simon said either the host or the optic is not compatible with SFT40 so he won’t sell a configure like that.

See also my test of 719A 4000 K (sm405).

4 Thanks

Yes I prefer that also. For me one of main reasons to not order some of Hank flashlight so far is that he doesn’t include VAT in him webstore for EU customers and I need to deal with customs and additional charges about that. If it is something like Sofirn webstore where they include VAT I am ok with that. But if Simon want to do that he must have IOSS registration. For now i am ok with Aliexpress store. Maybe main problems in AE are that another stores which sells Convoy products are with similar store names. For someone which know about the Convoy brand but didn’t know about Simon genuine store can buy from them. That can be very confusing.
Simon have excellent reputation all of us prefer to buy from him. I didn’t know how other stores resell they resell its products

1 Thank

Do you happen to have an Acebeam L35 to compare it to?

Re: 4mm^2 LED in M21H:
I have been looking for a 40mm (±5mm) Head 21700 TIR thrower with a tailswitch and good driver, with no success. Essentially a Wurkkos TD01C scaled down to Sofirn IF22A.

Simon sells a 3V8A “GT red light” version of the M21H - so I was curious if he could offer it with a throwy LED like SFT40, or this round 7070 LED instead.

If the TIR is optimized for a larger LES, maybe it could just be swapped to a common 3° TIR thelike used in DM11, TS11, IF22A?

Alternatively, I might get a M21B with SFT40 and drop a 2903 TIR in.

Hi Simon what are the emitter options and their respective drivers for the new 26800 TIR lights?

I’ve tested the sft40 in m21h, on the left is xhp70.3 hi 4000k and on the right, sft40 5000k, both with 3° optics. Doesn’t look optimum compared to say IF22A.

7 Thanks

New users can only attach one photo, well…

3 Thanks

Nice. Any chance of longer distance beamshot? I like the look of the xhp70.3 in particular.

1 Thank

Thank you for sharing! Do you happen to have any of the SFT40 TIR throwers (DM11, IF22A, TS11)? If you could try swapping in one of their TIRs and see if it fits, that’d be much appreciated!

I could not wait more, so I made the order already. Hopefully the driver can be changed to the buck one :grin:

Here’s one. Too many building around me, might bring it to some night hike later for longer shots.

The Cree looks better indeed! At lower output (1%/10%) the sft40 is green, only at 100% it is pure white. Now I’m eyeing for a xhp50.3 hi.

3 Thanks

I don’t, but information suggest that the TIR in IF22A is deeper than the one in m21h.

2 Thanks

Hi! After a year of periodic smoke, the b35am 4500 burned out, replaced it with xhp50.3 hi hd 4000, I didn’t like the shade and brightness at all, what should I change it to? 519a to 6A? (with driver, of course) host s21a

1 Thank

The 519A offers you very little past 4A, and 6A is definitely past the point of likely failure. You would need a 5A (or below) driver, or go with a XHP50.3 HI R9050 version to use with the B35AM driver.

1 Thank