Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

The latter, mostly.

Lower-class parents tend to just be lazy, wanting schools/teachers to be their kids’ babysitters while they sit on their fat asses doing nothing but increasing their local gravitational pull. Hell, the schools now don’t even provide free lunches, but free breakfasts, too! Parents are too damned lazy or “busy” to slop some cereal and milk into a bowl, even??

Middle-class parents tend to be more focused on their “careers” and still maintaining their own social lives, and dump the kids into schools and onto the grandparents to raise the kids, and then get bent out of shape when the kids call gramma “mommy”.

And this was even before “virtual” schooling, so that’s not an excuse.

There are a few good parents out there, but from what I’ve heard and seen, they’re few and far-between.

Yup, unfortunately true.

It is a huge problem, and has been for a while. My nieces and nephews spend A LOT of time with Grandmas, or others. When I was young, it was just Mom or Dad. I don’t get why people have kids if they don’t want to raise them.

By all rights it should be over soon. But I fear that the ‘antivirus measures’ advocates will continue advocating for years to come. We may have just witnessed the biggest behavioral shift in society since, I dunno, maybe the invention of beer? :weary:

LB is right about parents. I hate to generalize, but way too many of them are downright selfish and the kids are seen as more of an inconvenience than a loving responsibility. I gotta say I’m proud of my DD; she started homeschooling her two kids last May and they’re already nearly all the way through the year’s curriculum. Learning by leaps and bounds. She’s not going to let up, either; they’ll plow ahead into the next year’s worth of the ‘3 Rs’ and all that. The older one will be 9 next month and we’re getting her a microscope for her birthday.

Maybe try watching a movie tonight with your significant other instead of the msm news. A few days of that and you should be feeling more zen. Read your news online for no more than 30 minutes a day.

Actually my best memories as a little kid were with my grandma. Only bad part was going back home to my parents. Haha

FWIW, I think I am going to change my light hygiene due to COVID. After walking the pooches I am including my light with my hand washing routine. Why not? Little bit of soap and water sure shouldn’t hurt any light I carry. Not real concerned about the virus living on my flashlight but why not scrub it as I’m scrubbing my hands anyway?

I do think that one of these days I’m also going to just take some silicone and seal the charging plug on the SC31. Don’t use the USB charging anyway. Any tips on the best product for doing this?

Mitchell Tsai
Virus researcher at Harvard Medical School in 1980s

[10/7/20] Viable Covid at 28 days at 20°C on glass, stainless steel, and money. 14 days cotton cloth. Half-lives 1.7-2.7 days.

Results are MUCH longer than Mar 2020 studies (7+ days for surgical masks).
Why? Higher concentrations maybe more stable.

Source: https://www.quora.com/q/coronavirus?*ni*=0&*nsrc*=4&*snid3*=12716137615&*tiids*=13496536

Look at this insanity, a guy is getting choked for wearing a face shield on a plane.

Corona class action international lawsuit. Finally!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CF8YbkdgBBr/?igshid=1ekefc0hjgytd

"Dr. Reiner Fuellmich is a consumer protection trial lawyer in Germany and California. He is one of four members of the German Corona Investigative Committee who are now working with an international network of lawyers who will argue this biggest tort case ever, the Corona Fraud Scandal, which has meanwhile unfolded into probably the greatest crime against humanity ever."

Hmmm…MSN

Shoe Goo. It hardens to a firm but slightly rubbery consistency. It’s tough, but it can be removed when stretched/pulled enough, or acetone applied. It may be what you’re looking for that will seal up the plug without risking damage during later removal.

I love shoe goo or any of the gooes but it would be pretty hard to remove from a USB port unless care was taken to apply it only to the opening and not allow it to go into the jack. It might come out whole but might not. You could use it to seal the rubber cover down and it would look better too.

Carmba, you misstated what was happening in that video. Please reread the description.
Refusing to wear a required (and provided) mask is not the same behavior as wearing a face shield.

I totally agree.

There's over 6000 posts in this thread...

Sooner or later, someone is bound to misstate the facts.

Lay a small piece of paper/plastic over the port itself, then squoosh in some goo, rtv, whatever, to fill the hole.

CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/12/cdc-study-finds-overwhelming-majority-of-people-getting-coronavirus-wore-masks/

Yep, cloth masks do next to nothing.

LOL Read the actual study vs the Federalist misrepresentation of it.

Of course masks do nothing. Why do you think South Korea and Hong Kong are doing so much worse than the US;-)