Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

Just had a friend call to let us know he’s got the bug. He feels crappy but not really terible.
But his water is frozen in the bedroom/bath where he’s hiding out from his family.
They pass him buckets so he can flush.

I got cleared to get the shot from my doc (MS and CIDP (ers) were told to wait because none of us was in the study groups). I’m going in Monday. Had to schedule it and the followup to not conflict with the infusion treatments that may - make the vaccine less effective. Staff was really helpful even though I could tell they were really busy.
They have a good system going out here now. Even got some folks from Ft Worth driving out here because they couldn’t get it locally (that’s 300 miles away or so).

And still it continues…
WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal agents have seized roughly 10 million fake 3M brand N95 masks in recent weeks, the result of an ongoing investigation into counterfeits sold in at least five states to hospitals, medical facilities and government agencies.
The most recent seizures occurred Wednesday when Homeland Security agents intercepted hundreds of thousands of counterfeit 3M masks in an East Coast warehouse that were set to be distributed, officials said.
Investigators also notified about 6,000 potential victims in at least 12 states including hospitals, medical facilities and others who may have unknowingly purchased knockoffs, urging them to stop using the medical-grade masks. Officials encouraged medical workers and companies to go to 3Ms website for tips on how to spot fakes.

All the Best,
Jeff

My mom received her second Pfizer shot on Wednesday.

Where she got injected on her arm, it feels and looks like a bee sting, and she had some headaches.

She is very happy that she is vaccinated, even with the mild side effects.

My wife and I are getting our second Mondera shot next weekend. For us it’s a no-brainer to take a vaccine even with any side effects we might get.

I had my 2nd Moderna shot today…… I had a bad reaction and felt lousy for several days after the first…. mostly body aches and fever. Dont know if it had anything to do with almost dying from the virus in Oct-Nov. They told me today the 2nd shot was affecting folks (i.e. bad reactions) more than the first. I hope they are wrong…. Im sick of feeling bad but it is definitely not as bad as the virus. Good Luck :beer: :beer:

Yes, good luck. It seems the worst of the reaction hits about 24 hours after the shot. You’re probably feeling it today(hope not :smiley: ).

My wife works as a doctor in the emergency department of the hospital, if you have any questions, I can try to ask her and then answer you for what it’s worth.

Israel reports Pfizer vaccine is 89% effective in stopping the spread of covid and 99% effective at preventing death.

I was wondering how many conspiracy theories could be packed into one post, and now my question has now been answered.

Yep.

So is this gonna be a yearly vaccine now? my parents had covid last march\April, still have antibodies, they are eligible but refuse vaccines.

A limit on how many times a single user can use the report button in a given time would probably help. We have a few mall cops around who are trigger happy.

I agree with rules against the red bullet points, but in the case of this virus, the thread itself might invite such. The officials have changed their own points from the start. At on point we were told not to wear masks, but it later changed. Advice has changed so many times, people are confused about what advice is best, and of course some have spread dis-information, but what is truth, I for one am not sure. We have been bombarded with many opposing views. Did the lockdowns help? Is it possible the death rate from lockdown related issues, depression, domestic abuse, drug addiction, violence, might be higher than those saved from covid? I have no certain answers for these questions.
I know one thing for sure, I am sick and tired of the effects this pandemic are having on the Nation, and World for that matter. Businesses are going bust, Schools opening has become a hot button issue, even when Science says they can open. Some of my own Family are keeping their Children home the rest of the year regardless, due to fear. I am trying very hard to not violate the rules, but I also understand those who have differing views on what is best to do. I, myself, have no opinion except to acknowledge that I do not know.
I have basically been in quarantine for over 7 years, not due to the virus, but due to the fact that cervical stenosis left me disabled with permenant spinal cord damage. The health issues related to such have not prevented me from leaving home, just guaranteed I could not enjoy it. My walking and balance are not good, and my proximity to a rest room is now vital. Basically my right side arms and legs are only about 50% strength, and muscle spasms are a part of life. Family usually does my groceries, but I do it occasionally. Other than Doctor appointments I leave home less than ten times a year, and I live alone. Iwas only 54 when disabled, and I am 62 now.
This all shows me that life in isolation is hard, but I was pretty much a loner before. I tried the marriage route once and it ended badly. I am just saying that I am sure many have doubts about any official advice being given when there has been so much changing advice, intentional or not. Many are, like me confused at this point about any advice being given. I certainly can’t validate or refute any advice at this point. Some of the restrictions have made no sense to me at all. How some can restrict a church to 10 people, while supporting mass protest that is a super spreader event is not logical. Various politicians have politicized the issue to a shameful degree on both sides. Conspiracy theories have been coming out of the mouths of Government officials. After this post, I think I will just post on flashlights. Some of those, I can trust.

Oh… balls. What’d I miss?

Been waiting for you to chime in! I’m going nite nite now so I can enjoy this later. Go Lb

@idahofarmer: Please avoid this thread from now on.

Hi everyone, please notice the change in the title of this thread to Coronavirus news and personal experiences thread. Please try to stay on topic in this case. :innocent: Thanks a lot!

yes, the vaccine is yearly afaik

glad your parents recovered

how do they know they still have antibodies, as of how long after being infected?

the person I know that had corona last March, was tested for antibodies in
April (yes antibodies present)
May (yes antibodies present), and
June No Antibodies remained

from which I infer that antibodies last less than 6 months

it is not uncommon for people who have been sick to “Think” they now have immunity. This is actually NOT true. It is possible to catch corona again and again, as evidenced by health workers reports.

In any case, I hope you and your family continue safe and healthy.

Coscar, I’ve been anxiously awaiting to hear how you are faring after your 2nd inoculation. I hope you are back to your cheery self.

Well, I finally have a fatality in my family. My sister-in-law’s father went into the hospital for treatment of a long-term heart ailment, was infected by the virus while in the hospital, and died of Covid-19. He was a really great guy, and much-beloved in his rural community. He was cautious, and following the distancing and masking protocols for avoiding infection, but the hospital stay was apparently fatal.

Thanks for asking Bushmaster. ‘Cheery self’? Actually I havent been cheery for…… I cant remember. You were spot on with your 24hr after forecast. I felt really bad yesterday but I am some better today. I couldnt even get out of bed yesterday to get something to eat, even though I was hungry and couldnt get comfortable in bed. I was miserable. I have heard of several folk that have had similar reactions to Moderna but none seem as severe as mine. If this IS a yearly thing, I will do my best to avoid Moderna next year if I am still around. I am a bit better today and just had a big bowl of Gumbo ……. Mmmmm. My biggest problem since having the virus is the persistent brain fog. I constantly feel like I am drinking stupid juice …… my brain just isnt working like it did pre-covid.