Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

Thank you brad. In my opinion and based on the significance of worldwide PPE shortages, this is the most relevant & helpful post on this thread, if not the entire forum.

All of us who are still healthy and capable, must consider whatever ways and/or means they have at their disposal to offer to their local/regional healthcare providers, first responders, neighbors (especially the elderly & those with limitations), etc. If we all rely on hopes, prayers and others to bring this crisis to an end, who knows how long it may take.

Again, if you are capable and willing, please consider what ways you may be able to help, including ideas, suggestions, and support of others. Thanks you.

I just read that the number of so called experts and their opinions on this virus is growing exponentially as well.

Yep , everyone is an expert.

The person who was chief medical officer in Ontario (Canada) during the Sars outbreak recently wrote an article for the Toronto Globe and Mail. One of the things he wrote was to never listen to the pundits and talking heads, they are always wrong. Listen to the WHO.

Not me. I’m still an active pert.

Sound advice…

I took the tube back out of town
Back to the Rolling Pin
I felt a little like a dying clown
With a streak of Rin Tin Tin
I stretched back and I Coughed a Lung up
And looked back on my busy day
Eleven hours in the Wuhan
God, there’s got to be another way
Oh wa oh wa oh wa oh wa

Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

Oho! Not only have they used this calamity to get Germany on board with issuing joint debt with other EU nations. Now Germany is poised to declare a state of emergency for the next year. In Canada, Trudeau introduced a bill that would give him a free hand to tax and spend without seeking approval from Parliament. All over a virus that hasn’t killed one tenth as many people as a typical flu season does. The score: Influenza 1/4 million, Covid-19 less than 17,000.

Democracy? We don’ need no stinking democracy……

“Bobby! I’ve got pro-pane in my u-reth-ra!”

BLF: Come for the flashlights, stay for TP lessons

Mhh...I do listen to talking heads sometimes. :-D

One of my fave bands …while we’re on Talking Heads, maybe they were on to things more than we thought back then ……

“(Nothing But) Flowers”

“Life During Wartime”

CVCGAGF

My favorite animated sitcom. Watch it daily on Hulu.

Numbers of obits in Spain has surpassed China…

Meanwhile, for those worried about toilet paper hordeurs and also for the toilet paper hordeurs themselves:
Something “pedagogical”, and “refreshing”!

Stay safe :+1:

Worth every bit its weight in gold, tissue by tissue

This seems to be a very thorough Stanford report on masks, including sterilizing them for reuse.

COVID-19 Evidence Service | Addressing COVID-19 Face Mask Shortages [v1.1] Updated March 22, 2020

here is an alert that might apply:
A new cyber attack is hijacking router’s DNS settings so that web browsers display alerts for a fake COVID-19
information app from the World Health Organization that is the Oski information-stealing malware.

Ah, so if I run short of tp, I should do what Corn Julio did!