Courui D01 Fitted with 86mm kaidomain reflector. (No lathe required, mostly off the shelf parts)

Linus, did you order a 1405/1504? If you did can you please check if this approach with lens hoods & camera lens equipment, could be used to fit a larger aspheric lens. If we are lucky maybe it will :slight_smile:

The OD of the 1504 is 70.50mm, do you know if there is some that could fit?

If found for example these filter adapters

Or this 67mm to 77mm i am thinking if one where to sand away enough material, for it to be snuggly fit on to the UF-1504, at 70.50mm and then could we use those longer lens hoods to get the lens far away to be able to focus a larger aspheric lens. Am i thinking right? Or am i missing something vital.

An 78mm aspheric, according to those in another thread thats much better at math than me ;), should need 8-10cm to focus a proper spot.
Thats the next step up from 67mm thats in the 1404/1504 stock.

My lens adapters arrived yesterday, & the KD reflector showed up today.

The reflector I received is flawless, & was packaged safely, & sealed at the ends with some adhesive plastic to prevent crap getting on the surface.

Looks like I’ll be busy this weekend :slight_smile:

The KD reflector eats the stock Courui one, so I’m expecting some good performance out of it.

Any beamshots with new reflector?

Not yet, but I think that we need to send one of these puppies to JohnnyMac to include in his awesome aerial photo shootout.

what lens and emitter are you using?

This lens , & an XP-G2 R5.

I’ll basically be dropping it into my first Courui build, which I have now added a BLF DD driver to, for a back-to-back comparison.

Thanks FmC, that build thread really straighten out a lot of questions on how to make a good optimized Courui D01 mod.

Please do a similar follow up thread with the 86mm reflector Courui D01 mod :slight_smile:

I spent a few hours today working with the camera adapters, & came up with a combination that doesn't require using the original bezel at all, & gives a few extra mm height.

@ Linus; do you mind if I put up a separate thread for my mod?

I know it is none of my business, but why not to keep all the information in one thread? Or at least post here a link to your mod. Can’t wait to see your mod too! BTW is there a way to use a normal lens? Those filters you use are rather flimsy and too thin. I like robust stuff that can take some punishment. I don’t like the risk of breaking the lens and messing up the reflector due to a puny lens.

To me I find it difficult to find particular points of interest when a thread gets to big. With its own thread you have better results with the search function, though I am a bit simple at times.

I'll do a separate thread. This is, after all, Linus' mod thread.

Obviously, I'll link to this thread, & give Linus the credit for coming up with the idea.

:beer:

Thanks FmC for doing a write up (i hope ;)) like you did on your first Courui D01 mod thread :).
I i learned a lot of things i will be implementing, if i try a optimized Courui D01 build & i suspect i will learn just as much from the follow up, Courui D01 mod with the 86mm kaidomain reflector thread.

Just posted up my version of this mod - well worth the effort!

Hey guys,

At the bottom of the OP of this thread, yo will find a full list and continually updated of ALL the mods contributed by our fellow BLF members, including this new thread.

Hope this helps!

It does, i will be referencing that list, when try my hands on some of this Courui D01 fun you guys are having :slight_smile:

any links for this ?

This is the one I used.

Keep in mind it's not a plug & play solution; you need to remove a fair bit of material from the inside lip of this part.

thanks but i dont have tools to remove material :slight_smile: is any other option to be plug and play ?

Not that I know of.

LinusHofmann will tell us :),in his setup removed about 0.5mm from the reflector.